Drying questions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-22-2003, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have some questions about drying my diapers.

When I take the diapers out of the wash I have been putting the happy heiny's and little lambs shells outside to dry in the sun. They both dry pretty quickly. I put all the inserts and soakers into the dryer on hot.

I am not sure what to do about my Luke's AIWs or my Snugwee day2nights. I am pretty sure the Luke's have a layer of PUL inside and I thought you weren't supposed to put PUL in the dryer. I am not sure if the snugwees have any PUL - doesn't feel like it. On both of the websites they say drying on medium is OK. But I dry all my other things on hot (or else it takes forever for them to dry).

So should I put the Luke's and Snugwees out in the sun with the other shells or is it okay to put them in the dryer on hot? They just take soooooo long to dry outside.
#2 of 4 Old 07-22-2003, 12:17 PM

Could you dry them on Med with a load of other laundry(like towels that dry fast)?
#3 of 4 Old 07-22-2003, 12:54 PM

Well, I have had my LDs now for 3 years and dry them with the prefolds. I also toss in my HHs and FBs, because I just don't have time and too much laundry to worry about it. No leaks, no problem. Not that it is the best alternative . . . but never fear . . . if it happens, it won't kill your dipes/covers.
#4 of 4 Old 07-22-2003, 01:42 PM

I dry everything in the dryer on medium. I do occasionally find the time or the strong desire to hang them on the line. I've never had any problems with my FB, HH, LD, or anything with PUL. If my thicker diapers are not dry on the first time around, I'll throw the stuff from the washer in with them and let them go again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page