Anyone with experience with Manyducks AIOs? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-27-2003, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've just bought 4 large Fleece Manyducks AIO's on auction and I've got some questions about the soakers. I bought one new a long time ago and it had a prefold with snaps as the soaker and that worked fine. These ones have what looks like terry cloth washcloths as the soakers. They're really thin, grey colored trifolds with what looks like a washcloth hem on the top. I can't describe it well, but if you picture a washcloth, it normally has a kind of woven hem thing around the edges set a little in from the edge of the terrycloth. This has that sort of hem thing right at the top. Has anyone had anything like this from Manyducks? If you have fleece Manyducks AIO's, could you tell me what the soaker is like? I don't know what it's made of but it seems so thin that I'm scared to try it.

Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 07-27-2003, 10:56 PM

I had one. It had a trifold terry soaker that was serged around the edges just like you described I didn't like it b/c the edge was on top right about where dd's crotch was and I thought it would irritate her (I prefer the fold of Little Lambs where it folds under.)
#3 of 5 Old 07-28-2003, 12:46 AM

I have several Manyducks AIOs (they are one of our favorites). I don't have any soakers like what you described. I have a couple of the "prefold" ones and a bunch of the terry/velour but they aren't like a "washcloth" exactly. A friend of mine did get some like that from someone once. She contacted Liz and and asked if they were hers. Liz said those weren't her soakers. She never used washcloths for soakers they were ones that had been "replace". So there *are* some floating around with incorrect soakers in them. (Sorry personal pet peeve!)

Some of the Liz -made soakers with terry/velour are great. Some are pretty thin. Luckily I only have 1 "thin" one and I only use it for when I've had to change DD within an hour or so of bath/bedtime when I know she isn't going to really soak a diaper. The other soakers are fine.

I'm not use what the new owner will be using for AIO soaker material. I know she will be using hemp in the fitteds.
#4 of 5 Old 07-28-2003, 02:27 AM

and they worked pretty good but my son Zeke was a really heavy wetter so I had to change every half hour with them. IF they had hemp soakers it might of been a little longer before changing. I think they are good for a light to medium wetter. The fit is great on them. I love the diapers but not an aio person, only have a few.
#5 of 5 Old 07-28-2003, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I think what I'm going to do is get some new soakers, maybe from Luke's Drawers and replace the cheesy ones I have. The AIO's were cheap enough that even with new soakers they're still less than new AIOs would be.

Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page