Mothering Forum banner

Is it me or do WAHMs close to custom order or in general after I have placed an order

912 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  MeaganM 
#1 ·
Is it me or do WAHMs close to custom orders only or close in general after I have placed an order?

Am I that challenging or is it just coincidence that as soon as I find a WAHM whose diapers or related products I like, she ends up closing for some reason or another. Maybe it's because when I find one whose products I like I tell the world, they get inundated and then poof, I can't get anymore great stuff!

I know a few have closed due to medical issues but it seems I was one of the last orders of several.

Or is this just the world of WAHMs and by being Moms first they have families that they need to refocus on, or they get pregnant and get bad morning sickness (I know, I had it this time) or some other reason.

I guess I just have to remember that WAHMs are people first and not companies, then Moms and many are wives, etc.

#3 ·
just joking.

One thing is being a WAHMommy is a more then 24 hour a day job. Most have no set hours they work all day every day. Some work into the night and you can only keep that pace for so long before something cracks. For me I can not stand the pressure of having things to make hanging over my head. Just can't do it. It eats me up. So I think maybe some get some orders and then the panic sets in and then the pressure and then the panic and then did I say the pressure.

LOL I hope that helps some...

#4 ·
I was just thinking this last night . . .I got a custom slot several months ago from a great WAHM. It took a looooong time before she reopened for custom orders, even though she finished mine and others very quickly. I think I wore her out.

#6 ·
I have never had to close for custom orders but theres times I feel I need to. I like to have all orders completed and to them in 2 weeks from the time I get payment. I have cut it close on that a few times! I just hate the thought of closing though because I dont want anyone to miss placing an order! But I work 7 days a week atleast 5 hours a day on orders. Sometimes longer if needed.

#7 ·
I think a lot of it is just that people dont' expect to be SO overwhelmed by orders. Word of mouth travels so quickly and if someone gets good reviews, everyone is willing to take at least a chance ~ try it once kind of thing... You tend to think small and then BOOM all of the sudden you've got 10 orders. It doesn't really seem like a lot, but considering family, house, other sewing obligations, etc, 10 orders could take 4 weeks. 4 weeks seems like a long time to me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.