Anyone use Green Mountain Diapers new brown edge prefolds or growing greens diapers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-27-2007, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you like them?

SAHM to a set of beautiful twins :, one beautiful angel baby (baby c), and one crazy furbaby :
#2 of 8 Old 10-27-2007, 09:13 PM

I have not used them personally, but have read a lot about them on diaperswappers and asked some questions over there about the (the GMD prefolds, that is). Seems like people love them due to the sizing, that they fit longer and with less bulk that regular prefolds. I have been tempted to buy some but have a ton of prefolds already that I should just trim up, lol.

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
#3 of 8 Old 10-28-2007, 09:35 PM

I have a dozen of the brown-edged pfs. I love using them! They fit my dd much better than the other pfs we have because of the extra width and the absorbancy is great, too.

They are much softer, too. We have very hard well water and my other pfs never got very soft like people said they would. I have been pleasantly surprised with the softness of them.

I give them a thumbs up!!
#4 of 8 Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 AM

I've been using them for about ten days now and they are the diapers we reach for first. With the regular toddler size we had to fold down in back so these are much sleeker and easier to pin.
#5 of 8 Old 10-29-2007, 09:33 AM

I love the GMD prefolds. I've had several sizes, including the brown edge, and they're soft and durable. I've bleached mine several times (I'm lazy,and that's the fastest way to de-stain them) and they're still fine.

I have one Growing Green's OS dipe. It fits DD fantastically--it's really thin on the sides, the elastic is nice, and the snaps are in good places. Unfortunately, it's also very hard and not absorbant at all. The amount of dipe between her legs is very skimpy and not fluffy the way the MO Sandy's are at all. I've never bleached it, so I can't blame that. It's a shame, since it fits so well, but I wouldn't buy any more of them. (FWIW, I like the MEOS just as much as I liked the MESandy's, maybe more.)

Mommy to DD 5-07
#6 of 8 Old 10-29-2007, 12:14 PM

What are the measurements of the brown edged prefolds? We use premiums here and I have to fold them down to fit.
#7 of 8 Old 10-29-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
What are the measurements of the brown edged prefolds? We use premiums here and I have to fold them down to fit.
4.9 ounces. 17.5"x19.5" new. 16" x 16" when fully shrunk, at rest
#8 of 8 Old 10-29-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttlewon View Post
4.9 ounces. 17.5"x19.5" new. 16" x 16" when fully shrunk, at rest
Thank you! Guess I could have looked on the website.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page