Preferred waistband for longies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-21-2007, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really like whatever stitch they do for aristocrats, b/c they stay up nicely and go on easily. I've bought some recycled wool longies recently and am having some issues. One is drawstring and that sort of annoys me for various reasons. One is elastic and I like it, but thought I read somewhere that that can cause wicking? One is neither, and is really tough to get on, though they stay up once I wrestle him in there. :/ I think they're just too small in the thighs and bottom.

So, what do you prefer? What do you think is best? I haven't used any of them for any length of time, except the drawstring one, which does work well, but doesn't stay up so well. So I'm not sure if that's true about the elastic and wicking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 PM

I have used elastic, drawstring and I have a fleece pair that is neither. I prefer the elastic out of all of them. The drawstring slips much eaiser and DS has discovered he can pull it so he undoes it all the time. The fleece longies without either I had to ask the maker to size up in the cover area and make the inseam the initial size. It wasn't any trouble for her but would be impossible in recycled or knit pants unless you did a custom.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:13 PM

I like elastic best. I like it to be fully enclosed so there's no chance for wicking.

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.

User Tag List