Fleece pants without a separate cover - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-02-2007, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For anyone who does this, I'd like to know how it works. Do you use them for a day and then wash them or do you use them repeatedly like wool longies before washing?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2007, 02:55 AM

If they are dry when I change the fitted then I leave them on, if they are wet on the inside then I change them.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can anyone link to where I can find these? (preferably affordable ones)

Old 12-02-2007, 06:19 AM

I have a pair of Divine Bonny Pants from Fishsticks and I really like them. I have heard you can use old navy performance fleece pants but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:05 PM

I was just about to start a thread on this. I want someone to convince my dd to be willing to wear fleece pants! I bought a pair for her and she wore them once, then wouldn't wear them again. I thought maybe she didn't like the color so I bought a different color and she wore them once, and now she won't wear them either. She wears cotton-blend sweatpants without complaint but I really wanted to get out of putting a diaper cover on her. :

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 12-02-2007, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliacat View Post
I was just about to start a thread on this. I want someone to convince my dd to be willing to wear fleece pants! I bought a pair for her and she wore them once, then wouldn't wear them again. I thought maybe she didn't like the color so I bought a different color and she wore them once, and now she won't wear them either. She wears cotton-blend sweatpants without complaint but I really wanted to get out of putting a diaper cover on her. :
Have you tried recycled wool longies? Maybe she doesn't like the texture?
Old 12-02-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttlewon View Post
Have you tried recycled wool longies? Maybe she doesn't like the texture?
It's possible, and I've thought about wool, but besides the expense, I don't care for hand washing and lanolizing. I would do it anyway if she were rash-prone or if I decided to become an all-natural purist, but she's not and I'm not.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:04 PM

Oh, and P.S. I just used regular 100% polyester fleece pants from Old Navy and they worked like a dream the 2 times she allowed me to put them on her.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:11 PM

We use the Old Navy ones, and they work great for us. She has two pair, and I change if they get wet. She wears them with fitteds so her pants don't really get wet unless she has a super pee (she is going through a growth spurt).

These are the ones we use, and, bonus, they are on sale!
http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=507130012
Old 12-02-2007, 07:35 PM

I LOVE those old navy fleece pants. Really????? they just go right over a fitted or a prefold?? and that works as a cover?? WOW!
Old 12-02-2007, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Yep, that's what I've got, some Old Navy fleece pants. I also have a pair of some unknown brand that work just as well. I think any fleece will work. I've asked for more for holiday gifts.

I have been switching the two pair I have for a day since they are the same color. My question is, should I only use them for a day and then throw them in the laundry or I can use them repeatedly for a week before washing like I would wool?

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:13 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I have been switching the two pair I have for a day since they are the same color. My question is, should I only use them for a day and then throw them in the laundry or I can use them repeatedly for a week before washing like I would wool?
I would just do the sniff test to figure out when they need to be washed.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:03 PM

I rotate mine out with other covers. Since we have had spring like weather most of this winter, we have only had about 5 cool days. I would wash as often as you wash pul/other fleece covers. I try to do mine every laundry day if that helps.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I used to rotate 2 pair throughout the day, letting one pair air out between diaper changes. then I'd wash them when they got too stinky.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 12-02-2007, 09:32 PM

I've used the Old Navy, Carters and the LL Bean fleece pjs. The Old Navy worked excellent, the Carters not as well and the LL Bean are my favorite. Juliacat, did you try a different brand of fleece? I have found the Old Navy to have tighter elastic in the waist and maybe she's uncomfortable with that.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

The sniff test it is. Otherwise, just wash on wash day with the regular clothes. TY everyone.

I didn't know LL Bean made fleece pjs. I didn't know anyone made fleece pjs. I'll have to check those out.

Ya know, I don't really like to wear fleece, myself. I find it sort of suffocating. I much prefer knit cotton. I got a robe for my ds at Old Navy. I didn't pay attention when I bought it that it was fleece. I was sure he'd put it on once after a shower and refuse to wear it again because of the way fleece sticks to wet skin. He really likes it, though. Go figure.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 PM

LL Bean's fleece pj's are a hot ticket item. Even on Ebay they typically go for a lot, though this week I've seen quite a few for lower than usual prices. They wear beautifully; the two pair that I have are on their third child at least (I bought them used) and still look like new. Some other brands like Lands End also make fleece pjs, but for leak protection nothing beats the LL Bean ones.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:02 PM

LL Bean's are out of my price range

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 12-03-2007, 03:54 AM

Suposedly anything fleece pants that are 100% poly should work. We love the Old Navy ones because they are nice and thick but I just found some on sale at Gymboree this week that we will be trying. Just make sure they are 100% polyester and not a blend.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

The other brand I have is HealthTex. They work just fine. I haven't looked at
LL Bean in a long time. I didn't realize they were expensive.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:57 PM

I was thinking about getting my soon to be newborn some from walmart or babiesrus. THey are 100% fleece outfits made by carters so I don't have to always put covers on her. I have a WAHM pair of fleece pants that I now love for my ds they didn't fit right when I first got them but now they do. I don't get it! He loves his fleece pants I need to get him more for chirstmas. I just wash them with the regualr laundry and they work fine. I wash them when they stink!

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

User Tag List