New to Cloth? I need your advice! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-17-2007, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there,

I am doing Cloth Diapering 101 workshops for my clients locally and am wondering what were/are your biggest questions and concerns about starting cloth diapering. Most of the people who come to the workshops are just about to become parents. There is a LOT of info that I can pass on but I don't want the workshop to be overwhelming. I remember the time leading up to being a new parent and it seemed like there was so much I needed to know!

So....
What kind of info have you found most useful when starting your cloth diapering journey?

Thanks so much

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-17-2007, 02:24 AM

My friend introduced me to cloth, and I found it useful to look and touch the basic categories (AOI, fitted, PF, pocket). She directed me to a few of the big websites which had FAQ on them, and that helped, too. (Not that I'm suggesting you simply hand out links - but bringing a printout with a combined FAQ listing w/ answers might be nice to take home since your participants may be on preggo brain, too - like moi). A listing of terminology and the abbreviations for easier forum read is always helpful (I'm still trying to figure out the difference btw soakers, doublers and liners).

Also, what helped convert me (i was doing sposies until monster #1 was almost 1) was the explanation of how "dry bucket" storage and washing were possible.
#3 of 3 Old 12-17-2007, 02:26 AM

definitely the issue of convenience. most ppl who don't cd come with preconceptions that it's a bother. but if you can convey how easy and advanced cd's have become these days, they'd be more willing to try it.

i find that the $$ issues is generally the 2nd concern. it saves $ even if shop only at the Wal-Mart Super Store diaper aisles.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page