WTH? How are they getting too small already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2007, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if it's the way I'm folding them, but the infant pf's already seem so small on her! She's only 7 wks (almost) and she's not a big baby (she can't weigh more than 9 lbs). I fold them down a little in the back, but they seem to barely wrap around her to snappi.
Should I move up a size already or try folding them differently? Right now we do the jelly roll because that seems to be the only one that keeps the poop in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 PM

My baby outgrew them at 3 weeks. He *was* pretty huge, though (12 lbs. by two weeks). For wider babies, they just aren't snappi-able for long. This is why Green Mountain Diapers sells the wider version of the infant prefold.

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:33 PM

I just stopped snapping and started using Bummis when that happened. DD is huge, and at 7mo I still can use the infant prefolds in a pinch with a Bummi cover--I trifold and they look like a sanitary pad.

Mommy to DD 5-07
Old 12-17-2007, 07:49 PM

This happened to me, too. I switched to regulars at that point, much to my own consternation. You could try pinning or trifolding instead of Snappiying if you want to keep using infants. I SOOO wish I'd had the wider Green Mountain Diapers infant prefolds when dd was that age. Ugh!

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 12-17-2007, 08:04 PM

I moved ds up to GMD rainbow shorts by 10 weeks for the same reason.

I plan to make my own GMD yellows if we are blessed with another baby. I got 4 doz premium pfs from a coop. I'll cut off and serge 5 inches to make the same dimensions as the yellows. Short and wide, like my chunky babies need!

User Tag List