gDiapers overnight? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-18-2007, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've never really found a cloth diaper that works for us overnight (have tried many!) and so lately I've resorted to sposies at night. I feel bad about that and would like to try something more eco-friendly. So I've been considering G diapers. They're a bit expensive, though, so I was hoping to get some feedback on them before I make the investment. Thoughts, anyone?

TIA!!
#2 of 5 Old 12-18-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlynne View Post
I've never really found a cloth diaper that works for us overnight (have tried many!) and so lately I've resorted to sposies at night. I feel bad about that and would like to try something more eco-friendly. So I've been considering G diapers. They're a bit expensive, though, so I was hoping to get some feedback on them before I make the investment. Thoughts, anyone?

TIA!!
I hated them day or night. The pee doesn't spread out over the insert, so you just have one highly soaked area of the diaper. It often scrunches up in the liner, so ds used to end up peeing all over himself. Hate, hate, hate gdiapers inserts. You could try it with a prefold, but I don't even like that very much.

I use fbs with doublers and am also looking for more solutions.
#3 of 5 Old 12-19-2007, 12:02 AM

Have you tried a hemp/wool combination? We use a hemp fitted under an Aristocrats soaker. In addition, we used to use a microfiber doubler as well, but DS seems to not be wetting so much at night anymore.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#4 of 5 Old 12-20-2007, 07:41 PM

I don't think g-diapers are very absorbent, like the pp stated, the insert bunches up. I would lay an extra insert in the cloth dipe with a wool cover.
#5 of 5 Old 12-22-2007, 02:29 AM

[QUOTE=sheilajolene;10046143]I hated them day or night. The pee doesn't spread out over the insert, so you just have one highly soaked area of the diaper. It often scrunches up in the liner, so ds used to end up peeing all over himself. Hate, hate, hate gdiapers inserts. You could try it with a prefold, but I don't even like that very much.

I just started using the gdiapers and I am not so sure if I like them or not. dd has a rash from yeast and has to have ointment- i did not want to ruin my cloth dipes so I got the gdiapers. the urine does not spread throughout the liner and the liner does tend to bunch up and today I noticed gel beads on dd! so, after we are done using the ointment I will no longer use the gdipers. I am looking for some alternative liner to use on our regular dipes while we are using the ointment. oh btw they arent absorbant enough for night time use.
hth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page