New Fuzzi Bunz - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2008, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone tried them yet? I'm thinking on buying a stash of pocket dipes and am stumped on choosing between fuzzi bunz and happy heiny ... but the new fuzzi bunz look really nice, i was thinking of going with those.

Wife to Doug, mom to Hank and Logan !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2008, 03:41 PM

I personally hate fuzzibunz. But I have not tried the new ones. Maybe they've improved since I used them. I do still have some in our rotation but I ALWAYS reach for them last. I AM a fan of BumGenius one-size pockets though. They just came out with the 3.0. I have the 2.0s that I got on clearance because the newer version was coming out and I really like them. AND I like the fact that they work from newborn to potty learning! They also seem to be better quality to me.

But a lot of people love fuzzibunz and I must say... they were my first experience with cloth diapering and I stuck with it, so they're not ALL bad and will always have a place in my heart even if they leak and fall apart after awhile lol.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:27 PM

Now to confuse you....
I love my FB! DD1 is 27mos and continues to wear her FBs. This is what she sleeps in, I stuff with 2 microfiber towels folded into thirds and that lasts a good 12hrs. I couldn't imagine doing CDs without my FBs!
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 AM

we always end up back at fuzzi bunz.. I do love my prefolds, fitteds, covers, aios and all but we ALWAYS come back to fuzzi bunz at some point lol.. I really want to try a new one though LOL
Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have three new ones and they are really nice!

The tabs are a little different, but that is the only difference I really notice. Besides that they are all made in America again.

As my old FBs (made in America only) wear out, I am going to replace them with the new style FB. They last forever though, so I imagine I won't be buying many more.

My BG 2.0s lasted less than a year before the front aplix fell off and the tabs were super pilly. I do have a BG 3.0 but they only come in suedecloth so far. I really prefer the fleece. We will see how long the 3.0 lasts.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
Old 01-05-2008, 02:39 PM

I can't stand happy heinys. I'd definitely pick fuzzi bunz (new or old style) over HH, though in general I prefer side-snapping pockets.

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:26 PM

I've had a love hate relationship with FB and pockets in general over the years. At first I loved them, then not so much, and back and forth and so on. I stayed away from them for a long time and vowed more than once to never use them again. Well, enter miss wiggly britches, my 11mo. She pushed me into trying them again, because of how squirmy she is and how much she seemed to detest diaper changes. I bought some FB for quick changes, and actually they're working really, really great for her. I still don't like stuffing/unstuffing them, but the mediums fit her and her older sister great and no leaks. At night I put an Aristocrat wool on top over the stuffed FB, and it's a bulletproof combo. I have the old style that were clearanced.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

Old 01-06-2008, 01:28 AM

I have another no vote for the happy heiny. I had 3 on order and when I got the 1st one I cancelled my order for the other two. (they were from a different store) I can't say too much about the fb cause I only have one and it was a second due to wonky snaps. But I do LOVE my bumGenius 2.0!
Old 01-06-2008, 02:38 AM

I loooved my FB. I also hated my HH. I actually sold them even though they were mediums and I'm having another baby who could use them.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I lovelovelove the new style Fuzzi Bunz.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:32 PM

I hate HH they always wicked on us whether it was a print or solid so I would go with the new Fuzzi Bunz. I have about 3 Bum Genius and my daughter is 6 1/2 months old and the darn things look like crap already.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:17 AM

I like my FB's and the new ones look great- especially the part where they are back in the USA.

I also like HH's just fine- however they do seem to wick out a little sooner than the FB's will. I think it's just the difference in design. The HH's fit my tall, thin son very nicely. They were from our TP and I'm really happy with them.

The BG's just don't hold up IMHO.

You probably won't regret investing in FB's; and I do like HH's- try some of each from our trading post!

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.

User Tag List