Mothering Forum banner

What is your favorite way to CD your medium baby?

432 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Melissaak 
#1 ·
I started CD'ing my 2.5 year old when he was in size large... so I have a variety of large sized pocket diapers (FB and HH).

Then, when I had my twins, I started diapering them with a variety of prefolds and covers, AIO's, OS pockets and fitteds.

What is your favorite type of diaper for your Medium sized baby? My twins are ready for that size now. The prefolds were great when they were little, but I can't imagine getting them on them when they are more wiggly. I am also starting to have some leaking with the small sized diapers. Does that happen sometimes when the diapers are starting to get too small? I don't think that it is the absorbancy of the diaper (i.e. needing to strip the diaper or change my laundry soap), but the fact that the whole system needs to be more absorbant. (Did I expain that right?)

Did you move to pocket diapers? or were you able to use AIO's? Are fitteds the way to go? Is the absorbancy enough with a basic diaper or did you need to stuff it more (or add another doubler?). For some reason, my head is spinning with all of the options and I need some help.

Thanks!
Pamela

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm a big fan of pockets right now because DD is so stinking wiggly that I don't always have time to snappi or pin a prefold AND put a cover on... even though I am soooo much more in love w/ fitteds and covers overall.

We do bg2.0s- didn't start them until she was in the medium size, but now that I have them my next baby will wear them from day 1. We also have some medium fuzzibunz, but I decided that i hate those lol. Also have a variety of fitteds for those times when DH can entertain her while I put her diaper on or the times she can entertain herself w/ a book or toy for long enough for me to battle the wiggleworm.

#3 ·
We used prefolds for the first 4 months or so and have moved on to pockets and fitteds. For pockets we are using bumgenius one size and medium fuzzibunz 12 of my 14 bumgenius are the oldest ersion (1.0) and not my favorite. The velcro is not looking so great etc. Common with that version of diaper. I love my fuzzibunz. I made the mistake of washing them in a free and clear detergent and had to strip them this past week but other than that I love their performance.

For fitteds I love mother-ease one size. We have never had a leak. I use the mother-ease airflow cover with the fitteds. I am seriously considering making these my whole stash.

HTH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.