Mothering Forum banner

How to stuff pockets - newbie ?

464 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mel L 
#1 ·
We use fitteds or prefolds during the day, but I have a BG and HH pocket to try for overnight/outings. It might seem like a silly question, or it may not matter but...How do I double stuff for nighttime? I have the microfiber inserts that came with the diapers, some bamboo soakers and prefolds to use for stuffing. Does it matter what is closet to the inside? (i.e. prefold/soaker behind microfiber or vice versa?)

#2 ·
Microfiber is going to absorb fastest of most any material so that should be closest to baby, but never touching baby, meaning it should be inside the pocket. Microfiber can wick the moisture right out of the baby's skin leaving a nasty chapped area if it were to be right against the skin. Bamboo is a nice doubler and very soft, fine to put against the baby. It can go anywhere you choose. Hemp is a great absorber, but it takes time to suck it all up, so it should be furthest from baby, under the microfiber or whatever.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by katie9143 View Post
is the bamboo similar to hemp? we do a mf on top of a hemp for nightime - but i kinda think a pf and mf absorb similarly, so i would put the smaller one on top in that case.
I tend to use bamboo on the outside of the diaper and hemp inside. The bamboo is softer, but I think the hemp absorbs more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.