Which are better (aka more absorpent), Joey Bunz or Fuzzi Bunz micro terry inserts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have come into a little money so I am finally able to buy inserts for my pocket diapers instead of prefolds. Which are better, Joey Bunz or Fuzzi bunz microterry inserts? Thanks!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#2 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Definately the hemp joey's. The micrifiber inserts are worthless ime.

hth~ nak
#3 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 05:55 PM

I prefer JB. They're awsome! BTW..there's a new store opening called. www.coverthemoon.com and her prices on them are fantastic
#4 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 06:37 PM

Any hemp insert would beat the Micro-fiber terry (doesn't seem very micro to me : Seems like a cheap bath towel to tell you the truth. Not very absorbent at all.

Joey Bunz are great. Well made.
#5 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 07:23 PM

huh. Someone on here did an absorbancy comparison test once and said the micro terry inserts actually held a teensy bit more then the joeys. Does anyone have both who can test them out? I really want to know, cuz I'm getting some stuff for a friend I converted to cloth who is now pregnant, and I thought the terry would be better because I've heard it holds as much (in reality) and that it's softer, and I KNOW it won't be prone to the stinky hemp issue.
Any more input on this would be greatly appreciated.
#6 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kermit
huh. Someone on here did an absorbancy comparison test once and said the micro terry inserts actually held a teensy bit more then the joeys. Does anyone have both who can test them out? I really want to know, cuz I'm getting some stuff for a friend I converted to cloth who is now pregnant, and I thought the terry would be better because I've heard it holds as much (in reality) and that it's softer, and I KNOW it won't be prone to the stinky hemp issue.
Any more input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Holly~ I have 2 of the large ones and they leaked terribly the one time I tried them on my ds. Terrible leaks like nothing else ever. They were just saturated. I have heard they absorb more too, but I didn't really notice that in reality.

I suppose I could try an experiment, but I only have med joey's and large micro inserts.
#7 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 07:59 PM

The micro terry inserts I bought from MOE are pretty worthless. My JB work much better, but my favorite stuffer has become the microfiber towels from Costco. They were cheap (12 for $8), and big enough to cut in half so now I have 24 of them. I just fold them in half and stuff them in my HH or FB and they work GREAT. Plus they are as trim if not trimmer than a JB.

When I know DS is gonna really be peeing, I use a microfiber towel wrapped around a JB. I've never had a leak with that combo.

BTW the towels from Costco seem to absorb more than the Walmart towles. Just FYI

Morgan
#8 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 08:02 PM

I don't have any hemp inserts, but I do use the micro terry towels as a doubler for my DS (nearly 3 and pottys during the day). I stuff them in cheapo gerber plastic outer training pants. His bed is dry every morning Before that we used hard icky pull ups at nite. I didn't want to invest alot in nite time diapering him, because I want him to start waking to use the potty. These work fine for me.
#9 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 08:02 PM

Morgan, to you pre-rinse the microfiber towells after using them? Do they get super clean or do they hang onto urine and detergent? I would think they'd be hard to get clean without wringing out action. Do they smell stinky with ammonia in the AM?
#10 of 10 Old 08-29-2003, 10:21 PM

A note on Microfiber:

The microfiber terry used in the towels is different from the microfiber terry used in the MOE inserts. The towels are polyester/polyamide. The inserts are polyester/rayon.

Poly/polyamide is much more absorbent, and the regular terry weave is more absorbent over the waffle weave.

Just my .02

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page