overnight solution for 4.5 y/old occasional wetter? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-02-2008, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4.5 y/old DD still wets the bed once in a while (once or twice a month or less). "Diapering" the bed doesn't work for us. She's been wearing pull-ups at night, but I'm wondering if we can find some cloth that would work.

She barely weighs 35 lbs, and a pull up style or side opening style would both work. She usually floods when she does have an accident.

Any ideas?

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-02-2008, 02:04 PM

Will she wear a diaper. I am thinking a fleece aio in XL because they are so soft. I made one here http://hyenacart.com/BatikBum/index.php?c=35&p=39102.

Kiya- Mama to 3 growing Son's. Waldorf joy.gifDoula  hug.gif  Making Recycled Woolens and Trainers every spare moment.
#3 of 7 Old 02-02-2008, 02:27 PM

I can remember that my mom diapered me at night time at that age and I never minded. Very impressive diaper mother culture.
#4 of 7 Old 02-02-2008, 04:26 PM

I'm lurking because I'm going through the same thing. My 4yo is only about 25 lbs but she's really thin so it's hard to find dipes that fit her. I was thinking of trying one of the new bummies super brites in large (the med bummies are too short in the rise, but I'm afraid a real large bummis will just gape at her legs) with a GMD brown prefold. She always wakes up when she wets anyway so I don't mind that she feels wet, I just want something to avoid washing sheets every day.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#5 of 7 Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

She's never regularly worn panties to bed...she loves the sposie pull ups b/c they are princesses. : But I think she'd accept cloth as long as it's comfortable, and some visual appeal couldn't hurt either!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#6 of 7 Old 02-04-2008, 12:52 AM

The only thing that worked for my then 5 yo dd and my now 4.5 yo ds is motherease bedwetter pants. Upside: These things are bulletproof!!!! NEVER a leak! They are soft and comfy and even though I HATE PUL I LOVE these pants!

Downside: They are white! Just nothing snazzy about that : ( They're a little bulky but my kids didn't seem to mind.

My kids are very very slim but the xsmalls fitted just fine for both of them. My dd was probably 30lbs and my son is around 35lbs.

mum to 3, 8 yo dd: 6yo ds and 4yo dd
#7 of 7 Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Wow, those are spendy!

There are some Haute Pockets (brand new in berry) listed on a local swap board for a sweet price. I'm thinking of giving those a try.

But $33 for one diaper?? We'll stick with the sposies at that price. We're only spending $10 every 3 or 4 months right now, and she's having fewer and fewer accidents.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page