Help me build my stash for my almost 7 month old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I think I am going to take the plunge and go for cds. We are currently doing the trial program through Jillian's Drawers which has been so helpful in giving me a clue to what all the different types of cd offerings there are.

I originally was going to order several bum genius 3.0s- but after trialing these (as well as a bg all-in-one) I'm not so sure about these. They do keep dd dry at night but the velcro rubs her belly when she sits up which I dont like and she seems to get a little heat rashy with them- they don't seem to breathe very well. Same with the fuzzibunz. The happy heinys seem a little better but I still think the fleece seems hot.

I actually like the prefolds with an Imse vimse cover a lot. I also like the kissaluvs under the cover- but it seems as if she will outgrow the kissaluv soon- I know they are cut low- but dd is tall and it looks very small on her. (Although she had a poop in it and it didn't leak at all).

So now I am thinking we'll go for covers with something underneath...are there some fitted diapers that people recommend in particular? Ideally I'd like to buy some that will grow with her so we're not re-buying in a few months...

Or just suggestions in general- for covers, etc. DD is almost 7 months, 29 inches long and 19 lbs...

Thanks in advance!
#2 of 4 Old 04-05-2008, 08:17 PM

What about Mothers-ease Sandy's size large fitteds? They have a weight range that starts at 20lbs. These should last her until PL.

If she has chunky thighs, Bummis are great.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#3 of 4 Old 04-05-2008, 11:55 PM

oh, i just went back to cd-ing my just turned 7mo baby girl here and we've been using mostly pockets and fitteds without covers on days when it's warm here and we're loving our pockets we have fb's, hh's, bg's, wonderoos, gad's, baby kangas, wwb with sleeves...yeah, love them!
#4 of 4 Old 04-06-2008, 01:25 AM

Thirsties fitteds and covers are super cute! Plus they are very generous in size - I just started dd on mediums at 5 1/2 months and she will fit into them for a looooong time (she is now 18lbs and 6 1/2 months and they are almost too big still)

Lisa ~ WAH, bf-ing, cs-ing, hb-ing, vegan mama to Anna (09/07) and expecting #2 in March 2012!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page