Kissaluvs Rant or What Am I Doing Wrong? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2008, 03:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kissaluvs are awful or I'm doing something majorly wrong. We have the size 0 and I've used them twice with a flushable liner for the poop. Both times DS wet right through them, once in just 10 minutes. I cannot do wet clothing/sheets all the time. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not meant to be?

Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 03:55 AM

Do you have a cover for them? They're mean to have a cover. Not sure what else to suggest! I loved them, they were virually bomb-proof for those newborn runny poops!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Yep, I have covers and used those, too (forgot those!)

Jenn
Old 04-10-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabrog View Post
Kissaluvs are awful or I'm doing something majorly wrong. We have the size 0 and I've used them twice with a flushable liner for the poop. Both times DS wet right through them, once in just 10 minutes. I cannot do wet clothing/sheets all the time. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not meant to be?

Jenn
I find that Kissaluvs are not that absorbent especially for a heavy wetter. For the first few days, they're cool. After that, blech. I switch to prefolds. I like the Kissaluvs 0's because they don't bother the belly button stump. Other than that, I'm not a fan.

Stay-at-home mom to 2 beautiful.busy.boisterous boys b. 08.17.05 & 12.29.08
Nirvana is . . . the living happiness of a soul which is conscious of itself and conscious of having found its own abode in the heart of the Eternal. --Gandhi
Old 04-10-2008, 06:12 AM

Kissaluvs are useless. I used prefolds with Avery for the first few weeks & they worked well, then on to AIO's. I have an order coming for Zoe & until it arrives she's in Pampers...these Kissaluvs had her wet all the time, I gave it 1 day...total crap.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:25 AM

they have KL soakers as well as super soakers that you can lay inside the dipe, maybe that will help? I love my KLs, there so soft and fluffy!

Wife to DH (9/02) Homeschooling Mama to DD1 (2/03) DD2 (11/06) DD3(9/10)

Old 04-10-2008, 10:40 AM

Hmmm....did you pre-wash them? They need to be washed several times on hot to reach their full absorbency, just like prefolds.

If there isn't anything wrong with them, you could get some doublers if you want to keep using them. I wouldn't get the Kissaluv doublers, though - there are better, cheaper ones out there.

They worked fine the first few months with my dd, but I never did anything other than the size 0, since they aren't that absorbent, and they take forever to dry after washing.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:06 PM

I just think kissaluvs aren't very absorbent. I only bought one and am glad i only bought one. For how bulky they are, they sure don't hold much.

caffix.gif

Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magali View Post
I just think kissaluvs aren't very absorbent. I only bought one and am glad i only bought one. For how bulky they are, they sure don't hold much.
You were smart, I bought several dozen.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 04-10-2008, 03:44 PM

I personally don't like flushable liners. I feel like it makes the stuff go directly out the openings! Plus I think the greatness of the Kissaluvs is the material (definitely not the absorbency!) so if you're covering it up you're probably missing the benefit.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 PM

Wow- glad I stumbled on to this post-- I was just about to order some Kissaluvs but after reading this, no way! DS is a heavy wetter too. Thanks for the info, and sorry to hear of your Kissaluvs misfortunes!

Lovin' up my Solstice son b. 12/07 and my HBAC Autumn daughters b. 10/10 and 9/12!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
You were smart, I bought several dozen.
Same here. Ugh.

Karen - Mama to Haven (9/00) , Lillie & Faith (MZ - 12/02) and my first homebirthed baby, Willa (3/08)

User Tag List