I wish there was more EC and CD exposure - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was cloth diapered, along with my 4 siblings, and my sister cloth diapered her daughter and I knew of other people who cloth diapered so I didn't think that it was unheard of, but I knew it wasn't the norm. However I lost count of how many people either told me that they didn't know that people still used cloth diapered, didn't recognize a prefold and couldn't believe I wanted to use them.

The other day I realized something, their are numerous disposable diaper commercials and various ads seen everyday by people. So everyone thinks it is what you do, have a baby put them in sposies. Maybe if one size diapers, pocket diapers, prefolds, flatfolds, wool diapers, hemp diapers, all in ones, etc had that kind of exposure they would be used more. It is the same with EC maybe if their was a bigger exposure of that it would be used more, I'm didn't know of it until my DS, who is CD'ed was 4 months but any future children I plan to use EC.

I'm just ranting, , thanks for listening. I hope I am not the only one who wishes for more EC and CD users in this world.
#2 of 3 Old 04-16-2008, 07:11 PM

I totally agree! Better for the planet, better for the babies, and better for the sanity of all when the conventional 'potty training' age comes around!

#3 of 3 Old 04-16-2008, 07:16 PM

Me too! It is sad that ec/cd is like a secret world that so so many parents don't even know about. BUT change is coming! As more people become aware of green/environmental issues and household budgets tighten, cloth diapering and ec are getting more attention. I was at the Green Festival in Seattle last weekend volunteering at the Real Diapering Association / Mothering magazine booth and I felt very energized by all the positive attention we received from current and prospective parents.

And we can all help the movement. Just talk to other parents about cloth diapers. Show them what you use. Tell them how simple it can be. Remind them that only a couple generations ago, every baby wore cloth diapers. And the environmental, health and budget benefits are HUGE.

For great facts and downloadable materials, visit the Real Diaper Association. Better yet, join and become a circle leader! We are a group of committed advocates and we would love your help in spreading the word about cloth diapers.

treehugger.gifread.gifsewmachine.gif  Mama to joy.gif 3/03 and angel3.gif 12/06, married to jammin.gif for 18 years

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page