rash on newborn! using diaper service - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-21-2008, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I am using cloth diapers on my new daughter - I am new to cloth and am using prefolds with a diaper service - I use velcro covers (diaperap and bummi super brite and some cot'n'wrap) and my wee babe has a rash! I am so sad and have used disposables to try to clear it up but I really want to keep using cloth...

I am also using triple paste diaper rash cream. any suggestions or tips? I swear this girl pees way more than her brother ever did.....maybe I am too tired to change her as often as I need to?

Thanks in advance for your help/wisdom/advice...

Anna
#2 of 4 Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 AM

Have you considered washing the dipes at home? That way you can control what they are washed with. Maybe your baby is reacting to something in the detergent.
#3 of 4 Old 05-21-2008, 06:51 AM

Diaper services us harsh detergents in order to sanitize the diapers. I would give it a try washing at home.

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#4 of 4 Old 05-29-2008, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

Duh. I finally figured out it was a yeast rash and after two days of anti fungal cream her little body is ok again. Man I can't believe how long that took me to figure out. =(

The good news is that I've phased the cloth diapers back in and no problem! So it wasn't the detergent, it was just too much yeast. I was given antibiotics in the hospital so I wonder if that is what did it....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page