gerber prefolds - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-28-2008, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw Gerber prefolds at target today and I was curious. Do they hold up as well as other prefolds? It would be tons easier for me to be able to register for those since my family is freaked out by internet shopping, but I want to make sure they'll last as long as ones from GMD or somewhere else.

obstruct livery vehicles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-28-2008, 08:43 PM

I think they make more than one kind, but the typical Gerber prefolds that everyone bought me were terrible. I've heard some say the 100% cotton ones are decent, but I am SO glad I went with GMD this time around.
#3 of 6 Old 05-28-2008, 08:46 PM

They don't quite last as long (meaning fewer years). I had some that have lasted through 3 babies. Of course, they were part of a rotation with some Chinese cotton ones. Their fabric is different, its birdseye instead of more flannelly material, if that makes sense. And they have batting in the middle instead of extra layers of fabric, I don't think they absorb quite as well.

All that said, I wasn't unhappy with them, they worked, they did the job. They are a little big for the newborn stage, would have to be folded over another time or 2 at the waist. If you can, buy yourself a couple dozen of the smalls, or ask your family to buy some from the local diaper service (they they don't have to buy online). I'm not attached to any one brand or company. Many people rave about the Green Mountain ones, I've never touched them, myself, and have been wholely satisfied with my diapers bought from the diaper service.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#4 of 6 Old 05-28-2008, 08:53 PM

I have a bunch of gerber diapers and they've lasted 15 months on DS so far. Some started piling badly and I threw them out but the 100% cotton ones are actually pretty good after a couple of hot washes. I have some chinese prefolds but still more gerber diapers. I think they are ok, although for longer outings I'm using the CPFs.

joy.gif
#5 of 6 Old 05-28-2008, 10:01 PM

The 100%cotton, premium quiality are awesome. They are so absorbant. The aren't as wide as some other diapers I've used, but we have went exclusivly to them. Stay away from the ones that say they have an absorbant liner, those are best for burp rags but no diapers.
They are very heavy duty, I've not had any problems with them.

Thea, wife to Daniel Homeschooling Momma to 4 beautiful, engergetic children.
#6 of 6 Old 05-29-2008, 03:53 AM

I was given some of the kind with the batting for the middle and I don't like them as well as my 100% cotton ones. They just aren't great for absorption. I use them with a doubler, or two at a time, because just one won't hold in even one pee of DS's. He's 4 mos. old. Oh, and they also pill a lot, I've found...I think a pp mentioned that.

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page