Show me your diaper pail system!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2008, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need help with my pail system--my sons room stinks and I wash diapers about every 3 days. I could go longer with amount of dipes but they just stink sooo bad! So tell me what you use. I have been searching for a pail but am unclear what to use. Some say lidded garbage cans, others say basic diaper pails, some say no pail, what works for you?? I have one wahmies pail liner and thats it at the moment--and today when I got it out of the washer, i saw that the stitching had come out of one of the bottoms gussets....ack, now what do I do?? I dont sew!

I did just read some where that suggested putting inserts/liners in one pail and pocket diapers and covers in another to help keep stink from seeping into your covers and pockets--any one do this??

We are having stink issues all around ( after washing too) but its really embarrassing for any one to go into my DS's room and smell stinky pee and lingering poo stink---HELP! :

LS, Kinda crunchy wife to DH, mama to DS(5/2007) & one sweet little girl due May 2010,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 AM

I don't have a pail in ds room at all. One our dog chewed up and the other one is in the bathroom. I use a liner in a regular lidded (with a snap on lid from Rubbermaid I think) garbage can and wash about every three to four days. When I wash, I just throw everything in the machine, I don't take every diaper out by itself and then spray some disinfectant into the pail and leave the lid open for it to air out a little.

joy.gif
Old 05-29-2008, 04:16 AM

We have one pail for poopy diapers and one pail for pee diapers. I've been sprinkling baking soda at the bottom of the pail and that seems to help some. What helped a lot was spraying bac-out on the diapers but DH hates the smell of it and won't use it and he is the one that deals with the poopy diapers (sprays them with the diaper sprayer before putting them in the pail). We're going to try to find some Microbe Clean tomorrow and see how that compares to bac-out.

We keep the diapers seperate because I rinse the poopy diapers in the wash with bac-out and then add the pee diapers to the wash and rinse again and finish my washing routine.

I might try making some baking soda "cakes" to put in the deodorizer compartment the pails have. Mix baking soda and water into a paste and put it into either a silicone muffin tin or paper line metal muffin tin and let them dry and harden and then drop some sort of sent on top and put that in the pail. I'm gonna try it out.

You could also fix your liner or get a new one...I'm going to try to make my own one of these days.

User Tag List