does anyone use PLANET detergent? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-29-2008, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if so, do you like it?

I just bought some to try but it smells like nail polish remover! I have high hopes though that it will be a better match for us this go around than sportwash was. I thought I loved sportwash back then, but now I'm not so sure.

XOXO
B

mama to Milena Anjali (4/26/06) and Vincent Asher (4/13/09) ~ married to the love of my life since 2002.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2008, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For my dishes? No way! At the website consumer organics, it was tested for toxins, and it can up at the top. So it truly isn't that natural.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:42 AM

Yes I use it and I have never had a problem with smell. It is a top rated detergent for cloth diapering in hard water. It always leaves my dipes clean with no build up despite the fact we have extremely hard water. If it weren't for Planet I would still be unable to use my microfleece diapers because all other detergent left build up on the microfleece that would cause pretty nasty rashes on ds.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekat View Post
Yes I use it and I have never had a problem with smell. It is a top rated detergent for cloth diapering in hard water. It always leaves my dipes clean with no build up despite the fact we have extremely hard water. If it weren't for Planet I would still be unable to use my microfleece diapers because all other detergent left build up on the microfleece that would cause pretty nasty rashes on ds.
I am trying SO hard not to get my hopes up reading this I have buildup in my dipes I think. And I think I've finally deduced we have hard water in Houston (very hard to find anything on this because the water comes from multiple sources).

Perhaps this will make me fall in love with CDing again. Stripping diapers (esp. ones that cannot be in hot water) is maddening to me.

Fingers crossed.
XOXO
B

P.S. Dunno about the toxic stuff, but pinsstripesandpolkadots highly recommends this detergent which is what initially interested me.

mama to Milena Anjali (4/26/06) and Vincent Asher (4/13/09) ~ married to the love of my life since 2002.

User Tag List