Help me find a night time diaper - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2008, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I need some help.

During the night, I have had DS in Drybees Nightime Fleece pocket diapers since 1 month old. They work great. BUT….he needs to go up to the next size and I just found out they are no longer being made.

He is a heavy wetter at night. We typically stuff his pockets with a doubler and a prefold and it’s soaked. I really like pockets because they keep his skin dry. I really like fleece so it’s breathable at night.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2008, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've tried everything it seems and the thing working for us right now is a spoosie (Nature Babycare) wraped in a prowrap!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 PM

I use fleece pockets for the night as well. Mine are from Snap-Ez, they are fantastic. I use Cotton Babies inserts though. I have bought Snap-Ez night-time soakers, but one of them is hemp and my baby react to it, so I am trying to sell it. They are pretty good, but for my baby Cotton Babies works as good. Snap-Ez has different weight of the fleece and the least bulky is Lightweight Windpro - that is hat I have.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:49 AM

I had a hard time finding a good nighttime diaper as well. For 6 month dd what I've finally found to work is:
stay-dry liner (so she doesn't wake up feeling wet)
cotton babies doubler
under the nile fitted
with a wool cover - currently Lovey Bums

No leaks and she seems to be able to sleep longer, too (she doesn't like feeling wet).
Old 06-27-2008, 02:21 AM

We use a Happy Hempy (pocket fitted w/fleece lining) stuffed with a PF and a hemp insert - covered with wool (Lana or Aristocrat). Works great for us, sometimes he gets a little damp if he nurses a lot overnight and I miss our middle of the night change, but never a leak. Plus the wool lets his skin breathe, and he's rarely even red in the morning (he has *very* sensitive skin).
Old 06-27-2008, 04:44 AM

They are still being made! There was a wholesale dry-up for a while but they will be restocking very soon so expect to see some for sale shortly!!

Lisa ~ WAH, bf-ing, cs-ing, hb-ing, vegan mama to Anna (09/07) and expecting #2 in March 2012!
Old 06-27-2008, 08:50 AM

I put ds in a new Heiny Hugger last night. He was in it from 8:30 pm until 8 am this morning. I put a hemp doubler in too. I was shocked this morning when I couldn't feel any wetness on the outside of the fitted! WOW. It is such a thick, soft and absorbent dipe. And the price is good too. Usualy at night he gets a prefold and a doubler and while there are no leaks, the dipe is soaked on the outside. Wow...Heiny Huggers are so absorbent. They take a heck of a long time to dry tho.

caffix.gif

Old 06-28-2008, 11:28 AM

Lately I'm lovin' my blueberry minkies. They really keep DD dry! Good luck!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 PM

i'm thinking about trying very baby simply nights.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:21 PM

I have fleece pockets from Ariana's Clothesline on Etsy and they are affordable and never leak!

Living Simply and Enjoying Life
Old 06-28-2008, 11:33 PM

DS had never had a leakfree night, even in sposies, until I started our current system. He's in a Happy Hempy, fleece lined so he feels dry, stuffed with a Leo Baby Mightier Nighty, with a fleece soaker over the top. I haven't tried wool soakers, but I'd like to. He never gets too hot, since it's all breathable.

BFing, bedsharing, toddler wearing, non-circing, vegan mama to the sweetest boy in the world (2/08), wife to my spicy rock star (4/06) and expecting a new family member 6/11
Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 AM

I can not sing the praises of the Very Baby Simply Nights enough. If you are having a hard time like I was with my heavy wetter --- check this diaper out!! EVEN ONE and wash it every day, you will be hooked I swear! You'll need a good wool cover to go over it. I like the loveybums crepe.

Good luck mama! That dipe has a fleece topper -- My verybaby is the only diaper I have synthetic on so that I don't have to change at night. LOVE IT! (actually I have 3 now hee hee)

cheers!

http://bluelakediapers.com/zen01/ kind of a link, you have to order custom

(ps we have never resorted to disposables --- if you are anti as much as I am you can find the right fit -- it is out there!)

Erin sharing life with a burly husband and two rad boys 7/06 & 5/09 : : Zone 9-ish

User Tag List