Bumgenius at Target - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 08-05-2008, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Code:
I guess if they were the bamboo fitteds...!
Costo has them online (6-pack)

Married to my DH geek.gif and Mom to DS (10) fencing.gif DS (9), DD (4) dust.gif, DS (2) diaper.gif and  stork-girl.gif in June.

#32 of 53 Old 08-06-2008, 10:44 AM

I asked my friend who works at Target in North Texas if they have started carrying BG's. She asked and told me no, just Gerber. I don't know if she inquired to the right people but thats the news here from N. Texas.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#33 of 53 Old 08-06-2008, 12:14 PM

I haven't seen them at our target yet, but they are selling compostable 'sposies, baby legs, and of course, hot slings

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#34 of 53 Old 08-06-2008, 04:23 PM

i'm going to have to check! Would be cool to not have to pay for shipping!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#35 of 53 Old 08-06-2008, 05:24 PM

I called 3 local Targets. None had the bg's just the Gerber. I want to buy 1 too just to check it out. I may call back later since I called on Mon. and maybe they hadn't gotten them yet.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#36 of 53 Old 08-06-2008, 05:38 PM

This is a summary of what I read on diaperswappers:

Call the Target customer service number and ask them to give you a list of targets in your area (give a zip code) that sell either Bum Genius or reusable diapers. It might not be listed as bum genius, so ask for reusable diapers or Parent Inventors. If that does not work, you may have to ask for the specific DPCI number, which is possibly:

wetbag (found by searching for "wet bag"): 030 00 2235
reuseable diapers: 030 00 2126

Once they give you the list, take that number with you to the store, since that could be the only way they'll be able to find the diapers for you. If they're already out on the floor, look on the endcaps.

Happy hunting!

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer"
#37 of 53 Old 08-07-2008, 03:44 AM

They're prices are the highest I've seen for individual or sets of 3 bumkins wraps

I like the idea of mainstreaming cloth diapering...

However, will this affect business for a lot of WAHM diaper online retailers???

Partner to , mother of and
#38 of 53 Old 08-07-2008, 04:42 AM

They're sold out of the size I need in every diaper.
#39 of 53 Old 08-07-2008, 04:05 PM

I think it's great that they're selling CDs of any sort! When I first started CDing, no one around here was doing it. Now it's becoming way more mainstream. Sweet!

Jen
#40 of 53 Old 08-07-2008, 06:36 PM

No sign of them at our Target. They were restocking an end cap with new stuff, but I read all the tags, no diapers they did have wetbags though

-Angela
#41 of 53 Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 PM

noo cloth at my target either i been looking for months now lol

angela their is a new target opening soon near westhimer and hwy 6 maybe they will have them when they open up soon i know i will be checking lol

costco has cloth diapers online but not in the stores

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#42 of 53 Old 08-08-2008, 12:23 PM

what do i think? i think that i wish we had target here!!! (ontario, canada) we have to cross the border to get to target and that particular one NEVER has what we want or what we hear is available or what's online.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#43 of 53 Old 08-08-2008, 03:18 PM

I've had some issues with Target in the past, but I would buy the BG cloth diapers from them.....it would be great if cloth diapers were in the store (other than those cheap pre-folds, of course).

One irritation I have is my local PX (I'm miliary). They sell the white gerber pre-folds, but not the plastic cover!!???They have those plastic pull on training pants, but that isn't really practical.They need the ones that you can form fit with velcro. Those plastic pants they sell are one size and are for an older child. Not meant for pre-folds in my opinion. I suppose I should make the suggestion....

:
#44 of 53 Old 08-11-2008, 01:38 PM

thats neat. my brother just offered to buy me some nice CD's last night (i use prefolds and covers) and if we can just go to target and get them that would be cool.

I was leaning towards BG because of the adjustable size and stretchy tabs. Everyone says they are "not the best" though. Then what is?
#45 of 53 Old 08-11-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmichelle99 View Post
Everyone says they are "not the best" though. Then what is?
I love www.lucyshopechest.com

-Angela
#46 of 53 Old 08-11-2008, 04:22 PM

I am so excited! I called the customer service # and used the code posted in the above post to help find the product. My Target DOES carry them!! WOW! I can't wait to go check it out later.

Like the PP I am wondering why everyone is saying it is not the best diaper. And if it is not, what is?

I have only tried BG 2.0, FB, Blueberry, and CPFs. I did order 2 GADs but they haven't arrived yet.
#47 of 53 Old 08-11-2008, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Bumgenius are awesome diapers. I think the reason people don't like them is because they are mass produced so they aren't made of the finest quality materials. The velcro wears out for a lot of people, the elastic goes out. I haven't had any problems! Nobody I personally know has had any problems. They are very dependable diapers for me that never leak, fit well, dry quickly, are reasonably priced and are easy to get.
#48 of 53 Old 08-11-2008, 04:36 PM

I love that cotton babies has a 1 yr warranty on the Bum Genius. So if it does wear out before then they'll replace it no problems. I don't know though if cotton babies will warranty bum genius diapers ordered through other retailers?
#49 of 53 Old 08-12-2008, 12:04 AM

none at the target i went to in san antonio. i meant to call but never got to it so i just went up there. i was hoping i'd get lucky, its a brand new supertarget. darn.
#50 of 53 Old 08-12-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmichelle99 View Post
Then what is?
completely personal opinion. I like BG fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alegna View Post
I don't like these

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#51 of 53 Old 08-12-2008, 10:46 AM

I went to my Target to see if they carried them, but they don't. I have one BG and I don't really care for it, so I guess it is no big loss. My Target did have Baby Legs and Wet Bags though, bought a few of them.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#52 of 53 Old 08-12-2008, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My problem with bum genius is that the velcro is terrible... at least in the 2.0s that I have, the velcro is all coming apart. I've heard that it's just because they got a bad batch of velcro, though... and maybe if I just air-dried the covers it'd be better? My kids just take them off, though. I need snaps. I like swaddlebees for bigger kids (newborns pee too much for them ime), and I use a lot of fitteds these days...

That said, I'd totally buy a BG from target if ours has one. I've been meaning to check out the 3.0s anyway...

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#53 of 53 Old 08-13-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catholic74 View Post
They have those plastic pull on training pants, but that isn't really practical.They need the ones that you can form fit with velcro. Those plastic pants they sell are one size and are for an older child. Not meant for pre-folds in my opinion.

too bad those are your only option. the ones i buy at wal-mart work better than almost all of our other covers (and just as well as BSWW and Thirsties)! they're gerber but they're sized pull-on pants, not one-size. i haven't tried them with prefolds though; that might be tougher. i like them with Motherease and i'm sure i will use them with my other fitteds.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page