Internal Diaper Stains - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-30-2008, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok so I use mostly PF's and covers. My DC were sick last week and had some wicked poops that stained so I sunned them out : BUT some of my diapers the inner layers are stained...is it possible to sun those out? I really dont' want to use bleach, Oxi-Clean or Oxi-Clean baby anymore on my diapers...they are showing wear from the last time I did. : (and they still have the weird smell...long story).

You can really only see the stains if you hold the diaper up to the light. Should I just not worry about it?
#2 of 5 Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 AM

they should be sunnable, just like any other stain.

Theresa, Mom to DS 4-6-06, and DD 5-11-08, and another on the way anyday.
WAHM behind Crystal City Fibers on Etsy.
#3 of 5 Old 08-01-2008, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

I think I may have found out my issue with this. I can't hang my diapers up so I lay them down on the patio so only one side gets the sun at a time, and the sun can't get "through" the diapers. I read my lease and it says I can't "hang" things outside, doesn't say anything about laying them down...
#4 of 5 Old 08-01-2008, 01:56 AM

Can you string another line parallel and then clip them liner side up so the sun can get directly on the inside bit?

Honestly, for our inserts, the best thing for getting rid of stains was Charlie's Soap liquid, squirted right on the damp, already washed insert, rolled up, and tossed back in the pail. Where they sat until next wash time. And got the same treatment until stain was gone.

We have no stains on our inserts. Charlie's always did the trick.

SAHM to Guinevere (04/05/06) and Eowyn (02/13/09)
#5 of 5 Old 08-01-2008, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

It's my PF's that are stained...and it's the inner layers of it that have stains. The 2 outer surfaces are fine, but when I hold the PF up to the light you can see the stains on the inside. I can't hang them up.

I do use Charlies, which hasn't been working very well on stains lately, preventing or otherwise. I do have some of the Charlies All Purpose Cleaner I could try spraying them with that and letting them sit for a while. I do use Bac-Out on pooped on diapers, it helps with the outter stains pretty well...maybe the inner ones are too set in for me to get out...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page