Overnight Diaper Solution - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-10-2008, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm looking for an overnight diaper solution for my 2 month old DS. He is definately a heavy wetter that does NOT like to be wet. (Who does?!) So I'm looking for a diaper that will wick away moisture and be highly absorbant. We currently use CPF's w/ Bummis covers. That doesn't cut it for night time especially since he is starting to sleep for about 7-8 hours consistently.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Wife (32) to DH (33) Mom to DS 2 and Twin DD's born 8/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 PM

hhmmmm. I use a BG double stuffed for night time. My DS is a heavy wetter, too and he does sometimes feel wet in the morning. Maybe something with a fleece inner to wick away the moisture? Have you tried maybe just adding a fleece liner to solve the wet issue? Of course that would only work if the prefold is absorbant enough to hold it all. Hmmmmm. Sorry, thinking out loud. I'm sure there has to be someone on here with a perfect solution!
#3 of 9 Old 08-10-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy7-08 View Post
I'm looking for an overnight diaper solution for my 2 month old DS. He is definately a heavy wetter that does NOT like to be wet. (Who does?!) So I'm looking for a diaper that will wick away moisture and be highly absorbant. We currently use CPF's w/ Bummis covers. That doesn't cut it for night time especially since he is starting to sleep for about 7-8 hours consistently.

Thanks for any suggestions!
The only thing my girls don't leak through is wool. I put flannel fitted's on stuffed with an extra microfiber towel inside and then I made wool shorts out of old sweaters. It's amazing. No leaks yet, but when they don't wear wool, they have soaked through almost every morning no matter how much I stuff them!
#4 of 9 Old 08-10-2008, 11:53 PM

A pocket diaper with some extra inserts in it should work. I found sometimes when my dd was small she would lay funny and leak out of pockets though. I had better luck with fitteds and covers. For pocket diapers, Happy Heiny's One Size diapers are nice and roomy for double stuffing as are Wonderoos. Happy Hempy's with fleece inners are nice fitteds, you can stuff them with your prefolds and use the covers you already have too. You can buy some fleece liners, or just buy some fleece and make your own liners, and put them in any prefold or fitted diaper though to get the same stay dry effect as pocket diapers.
#5 of 9 Old 08-11-2008, 12:03 AM

My DD is a REALLY heavy wetter at night (nurses all night and wakes if I change her), and so far the only thing that has worked for us is a Fuzzi Bunz (the fleece wicks moisture away, so skin stays dry) stuffed with 2 hemp inserts. Sometimes we can get away with 1 hemp and 1 microterry.
#6 of 9 Old 08-11-2008, 03:02 AM

I had the same problem with DS. I tried fuzzi bunz double and triple stuffed, also tried hemp. The only thing that ended up working for us was a bamboo diaper with a hemp insert! I hope you find something. At one point, even with the bamboozle and fleece-topped hemp, I was changing him around 5 am to ensure he'd sleep a little longer. Now that he's older he's nursing and wetting less through the night.
Good luck!!
#7 of 9 Old 08-11-2008, 03:07 AM

My favorite are Drybees Night Time fleece pockets stuffed with a thick microfiber insert and 1-2 hemp fleece inserts.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#8 of 9 Old 08-11-2008, 02:28 PM

We had the same issue and the same set-up. I tried doubling the CPFs etc. but never got a good fit, so even though the absorbancy could maybe have been ok, we still got leaks because of the lousy fit.

Like another pp, what worked for us was a bamboo fitted with a doubler (we made our own, 2-3 layers of terry cloth). We also used a fleece liner to keep the moisure from her skin. Worked great!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#9 of 9 Old 08-11-2008, 04:19 PM

I love my blueberry AIO's at night, no need to double stuff like I have to with some of my other cloths.

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page