Cloth diapers falling off 19 mo!! Ready to give up - help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

My 19 mo's cloth diapers fall off if he isn't wearing a onesie, especially if he poops. We use pre-folds, our only option as we don't have washer/dryer and must use a service, and the covers we use are lite-wraps, basic velcro cover. We have several different sizes of covers, and both fall off. How on earth do you get cloth diapers to stay on at this age? He's in 24 month size clothes, and I'm having a hard time finding onesies- and I don't know what I'll do when he outgrows those in a few months!

I'm really frustrated with cd'ing right now...luckily my dh manages most of the diapering, or my poor ds would be in paper dipes!

Thanks
#2 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 10:56 PM

i think i would try some bummis wraps in either the velcro or the snap - these stay on much more snug.

Mama to Amelia - age 6

#3 of 5 Old 10-09-2008, 11:39 PM

How are you putting on the prefold? Are you using a snappi and then putting on a cover, or are you just laying the pf inside the cover and velcroing it on? I have an active 15 month old and I just changed my system a bit. I used to just lay the pf inside the cover and velcro it on, but with him being so active, it was coming out of place. So , i bought a snappi and now I use the angel fold (I think that's what it's called), secure with a snappi and then put on the cover. This is working MUCH better, and for some reason, doesn't seem as bulky. DS doesn't wear a onsie, and hasn't for a long time, though he has to be in pants or shorts. He can't go with just a diaper, as he will take off his own diaper (though now I don't think he could get the diaper off with the snappi! ) HTH!

married to the love of my life : and mamma to 3 amazing kids DS1 DS2 : and DD , ::
#4 of 5 Old 10-10-2008, 05:10 PM

You might try using pins if you have been using a snappi. You can make sure the dipe doesn't fall off! Here are a few video clips of diaper changing that might help if you need to see a demo of how to pin or snappi. Sometimes it helps to watch someone else.

Don't give up!
#5 of 5 Old 10-10-2008, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all your replies - my dh and I will try out some of these ideas this weekend.

PS - Friendlymamma - our husbands (John) and ds's (Jack) share names! I guess that happens somewhat often. I love the name Jack!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page