What's your biggest diaper buying goof? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 12-03-2003, 06:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine was buying diapers too big. Like some of the others, my son was about 18.5 lbs. at 9 months and I got a custom slot at a highly sought after WAHM. I ordered Mediums but then decided to change to larges so he wouldn't outgrow them quickly since they were so darn cute. Well, now he's still not 20 lbs. at 13 months and I fianlly gave in and sold them off. I made my money back but it was a very sad moment to put them in an envelope and send tehm away after I had been looking forward to them for so long.
#32 of 40 Old 12-03-2003, 06:56 PM

Awww, that's good advice. I'm the kind of person who would buy ahead too!
#33 of 40 Old 12-03-2003, 07:04 PM

It's a toss-up between all the FBs and JBs I bought that never fit DD well, and the 4 Bumkins AIOs I bought off ebay that I hate. I got rid of the FBs a while ago, but still need to ditch the Bumkins... and come up with another easy, daddy-proof AIO...

Anne wife to Phil & mama to Katie
Velvet Blue ::: Seattle Baby/Child/Family Portraits
#34 of 40 Old 12-03-2003, 07:52 PM

My goof would be the carosel AIO I bought off ebay. I paid $40 for 24 diapers and figured I was set. I'm still embarrassed when I look at them. I think it is a layer of gauze with 2 layers of gauze and a nylon shell. Most of the elastic was shot too.

another one was thinking that because dappi covers worked when Ellie was tiny, that they would be great in the other sizes. I NEVER used the large ones and only used the mediums at the tail end of small. even the smalls were too funky small for wesley when he came along.
#35 of 40 Old 12-03-2003, 08:04 PM

Mine wasn't all that long ago. This is an embarrasing thread.

I bought 2 dozen bellies n buns side snap diapers earlier this year when I first began to explore fitteds. I hadn't even tried that many others. They are good diapers but I now know, after some experimentation, that I really like quick dry front snap diapers, just the opposite of what I spent over $200 on. It was dumb. Now I order 2 of something before I order 2 dozen.
I did sell them off at a decent price so I feel ok about it in the end.

Beth
#36 of 40 Old 12-03-2003, 09:43 PM

i bought 3 dozen cheap gerber prefolds at babies r us..... before i realized the online world of cloth diapers, :LOL luckily i found it before she was born and found some good infant prefolds
#37 of 40 Old 12-05-2003, 06:18 AM

I am just remembering and there was another mistake, I bought these other ones of ebay......oh my, they were terrible. When I opened the package I was like "who sew'd this, a 3 year old?" LOL They were paper thin and HIDEOUS.....I dont know what I was thinking.......well actually I do, "Hey these are cheap!" AHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Desiree

#38 of 40 Old 12-05-2003, 06:56 AM

I've had a few but so far my biggest ones were buying 8 Kooshies Diaper Basic fitted dipes off ebay (a friend said she liked Kooshies all-in-ones so I just trusted the brand name) and the other goof was thinking that the PUL wraps I had that I really liked (the tag was too washed out to read and the other covers.. pull on pants... from this person were all dappi's) were dappi's.. so I bought a ton of dappi's off ebay and to my suprise they sucked and were definitely not the PUL wrap I liked!

Now I almost never buy anything used off of ebay and if I do then I know the name, product and reviews!
#39 of 40 Old 12-05-2003, 08:25 AM
Banned

Kooshies, motherease. Actually, the "infant" sized Kooshies fit pretty well and also were absorbent enough for her, but I learned all too fast that there were better things out there. Also, every cd'ing mom i know IRL pushed me toward ME. As soon as I put them on her (both AIO and OS) I was like "WHAT were they thinking?" (Oh, one of those has recently switched to mostly pf's ). The funky babies were baaaaad, too. Fortunately, i was able to sell them, tho i actually felt bad for doing that.
#40 of 40 Old 12-05-2003, 12:28 PM

I think my biggest goof is buying stuff to 'try' when I am happy with the system I have! I love hemp inserts/soakers and wool or fleece shells but I keep finding myself buying hemp fitteds and cute side snap dipes, etc. and I can't figure out why!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page