Angel Tie Nylon Wrap from Born to Love - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-31-2003, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This cover is from the Born to Love website...Link Okay, mamas, this is one weird cover. I think I remember someone talking about it before, but I couldn't find a review on it. My review is positive overall, but please be aware of how strange this cover is compared to standard wraps and pull-ups! for one thing, it's huge. It's way bigger than my baby and I have to fold it down in back, lay her on it, tie it like it shows in the picture, fold it down in front, and tie it in back! I know its size makes it versatile and it can fit all size ranges, I just was a bit taken aback by how big it is.

It is extremely trim. It adds no bulk whatsoever to the dipe. It also takes up very little room in the diaper bag. I have found, however, that I can't just lay a dipe in it and tie it on. I have to Snappi a pf or use a fitted or the dipe just slides around. It's also odd not having any elastic at the legs, but my dd's poops are fairly solid so I don't have to worry about leaks. However, one time she pooped and I didn't have a Snappi'd pf on, just one laid in the wrap like in the instructions, and poop did get on the cover and stained it. Ick. DH is afraid of this cover and won't use it...I don't mind it but it's not the first one I reach for. The knots are soft and don't leave marks on dd's skin. They are also extremely easy to untie...for some reason nylon makes knots that don't come undone on their own but are easy to untie. Go figure. Once it's tied on, this cover stays put.

So, my overall review is positive, especially for the price. Give it a try, as long as your babe doesn't have explosive poops, unless you have a really well-fitting fitted. I also don't think it would be good for infants who can't roll over, since you have to tie it in back. I imagine it would be hard to do with a newborn, but I've never tried. If you have a bit of extra $ and want something different, try the Angel Tie

Perdita, wife to J, mom to Bridget (6), Ivy (4) Trace (2) and Fiona, my 3rd vbac baby, born 12/2/09!

User Tag List