Babies Under Wraps - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 09-23-2004, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just an update.... nine months later and I STILL don't have my refund or my item. She contacted me awhile back around the time MDC kicked her off their advertising and was supposedly going to refund me the next morning (my mom said why not right that moment?).

Moderator note: post edited by moderator to comply with feedback guidelines. Thank you.
#32 of 50 Old 12-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I have removed 5 review posts that were made for Babies Under Wraps as the posters were not qualified to post on this board. However, it is worth noting that the reviews were of the same negative experiences that many others have posted.

Also I received a request from a new member this week to post her negative review which I declined to permit since she does not meet the posting criteria. I am making note of it here so that everyone will be aware that issues with BUW customer service are still occurring and unresolved. I am advising everyone to contact the appropriate authorities to submit their complaints and to also do the same with the Better Business Bureau.

#33 of 50 Old 12-21-2004, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

I submitted a complaint to the BBB via online and received email confirmation. Should I ever hear from them again?
#34 of 50 Old 01-29-2005, 03:12 PM

One more negative experience here also, unfortunately.
It actually happened about 2-2 1/2 years ago, but very similar to the other ladies' experiences.

I made a large order consisting of Fuzzibunz, JoeyBunz and a few other things (she seemed to pretty much have the best prices on everything!). I waited a couple of weeks, then proceded to e-mailed and call repeatedly (giving her several days inbetween each) with no replys.

Finally, I wrote a very polite, businesslike e-mail saying that I would need to report her if things did not get resolved soon.
She did eventually get back to me after that one, and I actually got my shipment after over a month.

Sent me the wrong size of one cover (which I desperately needed!), I contacted her again and I believe it took another 3 or 4 weeks to get the replacement.

I wish I would've known about the reviews this site had before I ordered, and not had to go through this ordeal!
#35 of 50 Old 02-13-2005, 12:08 PM

I am just sick! I got Babies Under Wraps and Bum Wraps mixed up. I have now waited 3 weeks for 2 dozen UBCPFs that I waited way too long to order in the first place. My son has so few diapers that fit that I'm washing more than daily. I am furious about the lack of response to my emails. My dh gets bent out of shape if something takes longer than a few days to resolve and this is taking forever. I feel so duped and naive. I'm asking for a refund. I wanted to do business with Jenn anyway.
#36 of 50 Old 03-27-2005, 05:18 AM
Administrator

A report has been received that the owner of Babies Under Wraps also owns AtoZBabyGear.com and TrainsNToys.com

A whois.net check of these companies reveals this to be true though no information about either company was found at the better Business Bureau website.

#37 of 50 Old 04-08-2005, 01:52 PM

I ordered three diaper covers back in December, and she sent three, but not any of the brands I ordered. I emailed her to tell her and got one back saying "So sorry for the mix-up, how can I make it up to you!". She offered to send a pre-paid label the next day. Two weeks later when it hadn't arrived, I told her I would just send the covers back at my own cost and she could refund me my total cost + shipping. She said, "Great!" (of course...)

Well, she emailed that they had arrived and asked to what address she should send a refund, which I gave her.

It in now April, and I have had no response to my last 3 requests for refunds.
If she is accepting orders but not filling them...and then not offering refunds, isn't that just blatant stealing????

How long can a 'business' go on when all they do is steal?
I would LOVE to be a part of any class-action suit that might be in the works. If there isn't one, there should be.

I didn't know that this thread was here. Boy do I wish I had known. I feel like such a sucker.

Karin, mom to W (6.5) and wife to B.Babywearing Educator serving New England since 2005. NBPBWI-trained
#38 of 50 Old 04-08-2005, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

I found the paper where I submitted a complaint with the IFCC on 9/27/2004. It gives me a complaint number and password, does anyone know how I can pursue this? It gives me a link but when I sign in I'm only given the option to add new information. I would like to know if the case is being pursued.

I can't help but wonder why nothing is being done when it's apparent that this is an ongoing issue. In addition to not receiving all my items, I was contacted by the Postal Service regarding postal fraud in regards to the package she sent me (and apparently other packages as well).

#39 of 50 Old 04-09-2005, 01:27 PM

#40 of 50 Old 04-09-2005, 02:35 PM

I also wish I had come here first before I ordered from this company. Live and learn!

I ordered some baby clothing and diapering accessories totaling about $65.00, 5 weeks ago. I never received any of it. The owner never responded once to my direct emails. The only responses I got were from the 3 disputes I placed through her cc processing company, 2checkout.com. Unfortunately they were not so helpful, as her responses included my "order being lost in cyberspace", and then that my order had shipped USPS in two portions--neither of which I have received, over a week after they were to have arrived (no tracking numbers provided). The 2 checkout say they offer a resolution, but they are clearly on the side of the seller, as every time she provides some vague response, they say the issue is "resolved".

Luckily since I used a credit card, I will probably get my money back. But what a hassle. I am so sad that there are people like this out there, flat out stealing from other SAHM's, like (supposedly) herself.
#41 of 50 Old 04-09-2005, 08:28 PM

Does anyone know what state she's in? (Funny how there's no real contact information on her website....) It might be possible to file a complaint with the state attorney general office.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#42 of 50 Old 04-13-2005, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

She was in Illinois when she sent 1/2 the package to me, I was contacted by a Post Master in IL. I can't recall the city offhand though and I think she may have moved since then (it's been a year now)
#43 of 50 Old 04-15-2005, 09:03 PM

Illinois. http://search.bbb.org/results.html
You can get the report from the Better Business Bureau here.

I wanted to update my review. I did file a dispute through my credit card company and did receive a prompt refund from the company within several days.
#44 of 50 Old 04-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Jessica requests that any refunds still outstanding be brought to her attention ASAP. Please email her at info@BabiesUnderWraps.com with your payment address and amount owed.

#45 of 50 Old 04-20-2005, 11:31 PM

Wow, the BBB has quite a few complaints about BUW.

The Illinois Attorney General's office has a consumer protection division, with a complaint form. http://www.ag.state.il.us/consumers/index.html

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

#46 of 50 Old 05-18-2005, 05:16 PM

What other recourse do we have since I still have not received a complete shipment and am losing faith that I will without some sort of threat. I just need to know my rights before I move forward with this. I am not feeling gracious any longer.
#47 of 50 Old 05-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Administrator

I think this is something you should ask the authorities.

#48 of 50 Old 05-20-2005, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher
Jessica requests that any refunds still outstanding be brought to her attention ASAP. Please email her at info@BabiesUnderWraps.com with your payment address and amount owed.
I did this... she replied to my email saying she'd get my refund right by snail mail (I was hoping for PayPal... that's how I paid over a year ago).

Nothing.

Why did she bother to contact me if she wasn't going to send it out?
#49 of 50 Old 05-20-2005, 06:07 PM

FYI, although I forwarded my request for payment of the money Jessica has owed me for over a year to her as per Cynthia's post of April 20, I have heard nothing from Jessica and haven't gotten any refund.

#50 of 50 Old 05-27-2005, 05:25 PM

FYI, I got my refund today. It's taken a year, but now I can finally put this episode behind me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page