Kiwi Pie - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-18-2004, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have, um, a lot of wool covers but if I had to choose just one it would be my pink cashmere cover from Maria at Kiwi-Pie. Not only is it beautiful and easily the softest wool cover I own, but it is also very functional. The workwomanship is impeccable, the fit is just right, and the details are perfect. It is everything you want in a wool cover!

Maria's customer service is also wonderful. She is helpful and friendly and quickly answers any questions you might have. She said my order would take 2 weeks and I had it inside of a week.

Can you tell I love Kiwi Pie???

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2004, 07:44 PM

OMG I love my Kiwi Pie covers, too. I have 4--a jersey cover with FOE that is SUPER trim (one layer) and stretchy that I like (also highly waterproof--more so than PUL I have tried!), and 3 cashmere/wool covers in the regular Kiwi Pie style. I LOVE the cashmere covers--I keep rubbing them on my face when they're not on my son, and petting his bum when he's wearing them! Workmomship is impeccable, fit is great, and they are simply GORGOEUS. Oh, and I use them overnight on my heavy wetter with no issues. Maria is an absolute dream to work with---she's so nice I can't seem to stop emailing with her just for the fun of exchanging emails and chatting about our diaper and sling addiction--she is too, too nice. And why the heck are her prices so low??? She has the best fabrics of all the WAHM wool-cover-makers, as far as I can tell, and she charges way too little for them. Oh well, that just means I can buy more! Yipeeee!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:13 PM

I love my KP covers. I have a tie dye and regular dyed. The small fits my 18lb 1 y/o perfectly and has fit for along time! Thanks Maria!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:31 AM

I really like my Kiwi Pie cover. I have a natural one w/rainbow serging and it's incredibly soft! It's so soft that it's Ross's favorite cover to poop in! :

Maria said the turn around time was about 3 weeks and I received it in exactly 3 weeks time. Excellent customer service and I wouldn't hesitate buying from again!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:52 AM
Banned

Wool covers do not get any better or more lux than Maria's Kiwi's. I am so IN LOVE with these it is sick. I bother her with emails and she is so very kind and patient with me. I have six total of her. Yeah! Worth every penny....The cashmere are to die for. The sales associates at Sak's 5th avenue LOVE them. Her workmanship is amazing and they are just stunning on my babe...total luxury. I was also a tester for her purey pure wipes and they were greatttt....As well as her wool nursing pads which kept me from going insane and leaking something awful all night. Talk about luxury! She has it!
Old 06-02-2004, 01:16 AM

I just got my beautiful tie-dyed Kiwi Pie. I love it! It fits dd so well, is so soft, and totally beautiful!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:51 PM

We have 2 Kiwi Pies- one oatmeal cashmere outer/merino inner and one angora blend. I have NEVER had anything as soft and beautiful as the angora! The covers are gorgeous and fit my dd perfectly. The work"woman"ship is wonderful and Maria is so pleasant in emails. Definately a first-class Wahm!!!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Old 06-07-2004, 03:55 PM

Maria's covers are by far my favorite wool covers. Just enough coverage for most any WAHM diapers yet not super bulky. Great for overnight as well!

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
Old 07-23-2004, 06:49 PM

I really like the wool broadcloth KP covers. I had one in a small, a gorgeous tie dye that OC wore at night until she grew out of it. Now we have a dip dye one, working just as well. These are very attractive and reliable covers. I believe they need to be lanolized when you first get them and don't always come lanolized ready to use.

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:07 PM

AMAZINGLY nice mama and we have two of the rice cashmere covers... the workMOMship is the best I have seen, so detailed.. it's no wonder why her products are in demand
Old 09-28-2004, 06:57 PM

I kept wondering why everyone was just raving about Kiwi Pie. I finally got my hands on one and now I totally understand. These are the most well made, soft and dependable covers we have ever tried. I hope to be able to get another one very soon.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:36 AM

We were lucky enough to get a two-layer interlock cover from Maria of Kiwi Pie. It's a great cover and we love it, but I wish it didn't have the extra snap-in snap in the crotch area. We don't use snap-ins (runny poop still) and because the cover is natural in color, the snap shows through. Still, it's one my DH and I reach for again and again!
Old 10-01-2004, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have 3 KPs and am in with each of them. We use our Rice Cashmere religiously for nighttime and the periwinkle cashmere one is so trim under clothes. I haven't used the 3rd b/c it's a small and DS doesn't fit into it, but I'm saving it for our next babe Maria is an outstanding WAHM to work with and her covers are luxurious. I can't wait to get a few more

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

Old 10-29-2004, 04:05 AM

i just got my kp and i am in love. they are great and the smalls fit my 5m old with tons of room to go. way to go maria.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:04 PM

another kiwi pie devotee!
i recieved a small kp from a friend when i was pregnant but never got a chance to use it. i fairied it and later became obsessed with wool. i managed to snag one on ebay for my daughter's birthday and OH MY. it is beautifully made, soft as can be and fit my daughter like it was MADE for her. since then, i've gotten 2 more, both the new trim fit. one maria made specially for me through a friend and she did wonderful work and was very sweet to work with-- she even did some extra embelishment stitching around the edges!
i almost never want my daughter to potty train so i can make an entire WOREDROBE of kiwi pies!!

User Tag List