Knickernappies - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 02-24-2004, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so glad to be the 1st person to review these diapers, because I really, really them.

I have tried a LOT of different diapers, and Knickernappies are hands down my favorite! I have two sons, a skinny almost-3-year-old and a chubby 6 1/2 month old. This diapers works for both of them!

Pros:
My Knickernappies have NEVER leaked. Stuffed with a premium UBCPF I can use them out and about, or overnight and never worry about leaks. The workwomanship is outstanding - I go over my diapers with a fine tooth comb and these diapers don't have hanging threads, missed seams, etc. These diapers fit both of my sons quite well. My toddler is super skinny, so I use the crossover tabs on him, and I don't have gaps at the legs. My infant is chubby, and the legs don't leave red marks on him.

Cons:
I'm spending too much money and I'm going to end up putting Aherne's children through college because of how much I like this diaper. Also, because I know my sons won't leak, sometimes I'm not as vigilant about catching when they 1st wet as I'd like to be, because I know that their clothes will stay dry and with the inner microfleece that the moisture has been pulled away from their skin.

Overall, I can't say enough wonderful things about this diaper. I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend them.
#2 of 19 Old 03-06-2004, 08:04 PM

I also really like my knickernappies.

I have a toddler style and it is sooo cute!

I have to say I'm a pins and prefolds kind a gal. But i could resist how cute and easy (for my husband) to use. Well...I can still stuff my premium prefold into it so I'm still a prefold user right?:LOL

Of course I only have one but plan on getting more!
#3 of 19 Old 03-15-2004, 02:14 PM

I have only had this diaper for a short time, but I have been VERY impressed. It is a very trim diaper, that is beautifully made. Best of all there has been no wicking, even when DD has used it for a long time. I would highly recommend this great diaper and WAHM!
#4 of 19 Old 03-16-2004, 05:09 PM

I'm so incredibly pleased with our knickernappies diaper. It's hard for me to catch the store with any instock (and with good reason- these are awesome diapers). Of all our pocket dipes, this one is definitely my favorite. I love how the leg openings are sewn so meticulously, the sturdiness of the PUL, the softness of the microfleece; the pocket opening is great- stretchy for stuffing, but not wide open. The inside isn't too narrow for stuffing, but it's still a really trim diaper.

If I had a chance to start our CD stash all over again (and $ was no object), this would be the pocket diaper we'd have the most of....who knows, maybe someday
#5 of 19 Old 03-20-2004, 02:34 AM

I also love this pocket. The fabrics are cute, her sewing is very professional, and I love the front elastic. Not to mention my premium cpf works great as a stuffer.

Two thumbs up!
#6 of 19 Old 03-22-2004, 03:53 AM

I was a tester for her Disposanot. That diaper ROCKED!!! I always reached for it first. The fit was incredibly trim, never leaked or wicked. My dd could wear it for a few hours with no problems I ordered 8 more, and unfortunately only got to use them a few times b/c my dd PT right after I ordered
#7 of 19 Old 03-26-2004, 03:21 PM

These fit Stinker perfectly and are neither front nor side snapping diapers, very unusual design that fits super great! I love them. Never a leak even with an infant prefold inside the toddler sized.

Shannon is so easy to deal with, very friendly and has top notch customer service. She makes it all so much fun to buy. LOL!

This is a pocket diaper you cannot miss trying because it really is one of the best I own.
#8 of 19 Old 03-27-2004, 12:10 PM

I am cloth diapering my nephew part-time while he is in my care. I bought Knickernappies to show my sister how easy cloth could be.

All 3 that I have are suedecloth inners which I had never used before. I must say I am impressed with the dryness.
I need to purchase more, as these are the first ones I grab for him!

The fit is great and no sign of leaking or wicking. Her cute prints are an amazing plus!
#9 of 19 Old 03-31-2004, 01:21 AM

I have one knickernappies pocket and love it!!! It is my first dipe with suedecloth instead of microfleece and I am a convert!! The print is cute and the workmanship is awesome!! It does seem to be a bit wide in the crotch, but the fabric is so soft, that it doesn't seem to be bulky there when it's on... I hope that made sense!!

I'd buy more if I could get my hands on any!!

Lo
#10 of 19 Old 05-22-2004, 02:19 PM

These are an awesome fit on Ross. I bought a toddler firetruck at the last stocking and that was our first Knickernappie. Then, I bought 2 from the TP that were nearly new b/c I loved our first one so much! Great prints, great fit, and these don't leak! Aherne has fast shipping and excellent customer service also. Awesome mama!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#11 of 19 Old 05-25-2004, 05:19 PM

We L ve our Knickernappies!! The Disposanots rock, AND they are affordable!! Aherne is very sweet, and takes time to ask questions about baby's build etc. I would highly recommend!! ps-its a known fact that I am a HUGE fan!!

Mommy to five wonderful earthlings, and one on the way supporter Humble Wife and Mother Learning to live through Jesus!
#12 of 19 Old 06-05-2004, 03:35 AM

Okay, I am in L ve with Aherne's Diposanots, but now, we have her toddler pockets for my dd, and WE LOVE THEM TOO!! They are so cute and comfy-looking!! Very trim!!

Mommy to five wonderful earthlings, and one on the way supporter Humble Wife and Mother Learning to live through Jesus!
#13 of 19 Old 07-26-2004, 02:45 PM

I bought two toddler pockets, a few months ago, which I love a lot. The prints are great, and the material is still and the workmomship is awesome. I love the snap placement.
My order was accidentally sent to the wrong person. A problem that I can understand happening, no problem for me. I received an adorable fleece/fire truck print bib for compensation for the slightly longer wait. DS refuses to take it off after eating. I love watching him run around with just a dipe and the sweet bib on.
The only problem I've had is the pocket opening. It is a well made, snug opening. It is easy to stuff the pocket, but more difficult to remove the stuffing. All of my other pockets are FB. For those, I grab the front and shake it, and the wet stuffing falls out. For my Knickernappies, I need to go into the pocket and grab the stuffing. Not my favorite thing to do, but something I will do for the couple of dipes of her that I have.
I hope to get one or two more in the future.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#14 of 19 Old 08-16-2004, 04:02 AM

I am so in love with my disposanots. They are so trim and dd looks so great with them! I have 2 right now with 1 more on the way but I hope to get more. These are the first diapers I reach for when I am going to be out.
#15 of 19 Old 09-02-2004, 08:23 PM

I can't say enough about my disposanots! This is my favorite dipe. When I proclaimed this to my dh the other day, he gave me a strange look...but it is true! It is so trim, fits my little boy so well and the fabrics are adorable. Aherne is great too. When I placed a large order as a new customer, she emailed me and asked if I wanted to try a few diapers first to get the sizing right. It turned out the pockets didn't work with my son's build, but the disposanots are perfecto!
She has fantastic customer service!

Jeannine
#16 of 19 Old 09-04-2004, 08:06 PM

I knickernappies toddler pockets. They have such a smart design and Aherne's work is consistantly perfect! All the small details really do make a difference...the pocket is large enough to easily stuff, but small/tight enough that it doesn't become unstuffed (as can happen with other pocket diapers), the toddler size/style has elastic in the front and back which is awesome for toddlers who are often changing in shape and size. It is front snapping, but at the hips which provides the ease of front snapping with the wider range in fit of side snapping. What else can I say, but they rock
#17 of 19 Old 09-13-2004, 09:15 PM

I love my ds Disposanots. They are amazingly trim and are our work-horse diapers!! I love how they seem custom made for my baby, and how they fit so well underneath clothing. For those who like pockets, trimness, and affordability, give these a try!! They rock!!

#18 of 19 Old 10-19-2004, 01:59 PM

I adore my disposanots! They seem like they are made just for my baby. I do think that they would fit a lean baby better than a chubbier one though. They are very well made and the price is awesome. They are by far my favorite pockets. I have never had a leak, but I only use solid colors.

Maggie, wife and mom to three
#19 of 19 Old 10-31-2004, 09:42 PM

I absolutely love my disposanots! Sean is a skinny toddler and everything else seems to be too wide and bulky. He can wear these under jeans and they dont wick! I could use at least 4 more

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page