Daisy-Doodles - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 03-05-2004, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe I get to be the first to leave cheers for the Daisy-Doodles Bikini Bottoms Diapering System! This was my first AIO, and boy, did I pick a tough one for other AIOS to measure up to. It's trim, cute, stretchy, great quality, and I love the option of hemp or microfiber soakers. The microfiber are our top pick around here- so trim and soft, yet absorbant. We've ordered two more, and lots of extra soakers this time (so I'm a slow learner ) so we can reuse the shells, and we just can't wait for them to arrive! Apparently the word is getting out- Christa's order-fulfillment time is up a bit from my first order.

Daisy-Doodles are my top pick for cute, trim diapers, and are perfect for outings. Plus, DS can wear jeans that would only fit over a sposie when he's wearing his Daisy-Doodles.

Christa is great to work with- super friendly, quick to respond to e-mails, and always willing to answer questions and offer diapering advice.
#2 of 19 Old 03-08-2004, 05:18 AM

I just love Daisy Doodles Bikini bottoms aios! These are the trimmest aios I've got, they fit dd amazingly well, and we've never had a problem with leaks. Christa is so wonderful to work with, she's super nice and gives great customer service! She completes orders very quickly and keeps you informed along the way. I'll definitely order from her again.
#3 of 19 Old 03-11-2004, 03:11 PM

I have nothing that even comes close to the trimness of this diaper! It is even more trim than sposies. I had a hard time believing that it wouldn't leak, but I was again surprised. I wouldn't reccomend it for ovenight use, but is is perfect for daytime!
#4 of 19 Old 03-11-2004, 08:21 PM

Daisy Doodle Bikini Bottoms are by far my favorite diapers! They are so trim, stretchy, cute and best of all LEAK-PROOF! I have all cotton outers and have never experienced a bit of wicking. Christa is very friendly and responds to emails immediately. Sometimes I think I should sold everything else for more Daisy Doodles!
#5 of 19 Old 03-26-2004, 12:43 AM

These are the trimest dipes ever.......... my DS can fit in the mediums no problem... i do get a better fit with the velcro but he strips it off......but yes very trim and they work great....... I also bought a sling from her and she was fast shipping that and the diaper out.......
#6 of 19 Old 04-14-2004, 02:16 PM

Overall this diaper wa sjust not for us.

Materials: The outer was a laminated Woven fabric so it was quite a bit stiff (no fault of the maker, just the way woven PUL is). However the inner microfleece was very poor quality IMO. It was very "hairy" looking. The snap in soakers were topped with this same microfleece. The hemp fleece soaker was soft, however I really dislike the microfiber soakers as they stick to my fingers and make my skin get the creepy crawlings (like cotton in an asprin bottle).

Fit : The fit of this diaper is very trim. We only tried it on and it was like bikini underwear. The soaker/crotch is very skinny (maybe 2.5-3 inches wide). However it has very tight elastic (making it look very small) which left red marks even on my petite toddler. The red marks stayed on her skin for 3-4 hours even tho I had only tried the diaper on her.

Absorbancy & Customer Service : I cant attest to this as we didnt use the diaper and bought it new off the trading post.
#7 of 19 Old 06-04-2004, 12:20 AM

I've got 3 Daisy-Doodles and I give them . Two of them are knit with PUL & velcro and one of them is laminated knit with snaps. They are so cute & trim. I do tend to be more diligent about changing Chloe when she's wearing them but we haven't had any problems.

Christa's customer service is excellent as well .
#8 of 19 Old 07-12-2004, 11:54 PM

I recently got my DD bikini bottoms from Christa in the mail. It's great, super trim, fits ds really well. The crotch area is narrow but covers everything it should, not too narrow, just right for us. I definately need more.
#9 of 19 Old 09-23-2004, 03:26 PM

I just received our second daisy doodle custom order in the mail - exactly two weeks after placing my order . Christa is so helpful and responsive! They all look so beautiful, and so well made!

These fit my daughter (who has chubby inner thighs) so well, since the trimness of them allows me to avoid wrapping the diaper around her thighs. The cut and trimness also fit well under clothes.

I do put a little PWG on the premium prints, though. My dd is an unpredictable wetter (sometimes light, sometimes heavy), so this along with a doubler (when we're out and about) prevents any wicking. I've never had any wicking with the basic pul aio's, though.

Great prints, Great service, Great diapers
#10 of 19 Old 09-29-2004, 09:30 AM

We love these! I just placed my first custom order for 8 AIO's..I already have 8 I've bought gently used..We these AIO's!! Super cute and trim trim trim!! We can't wait to get more!!

Christa is also a great help when ordering. She helped me figure out what I wanted and it super sweet!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#11 of 19 Old 03-20-2005, 11:40 AM

Daisy Doodles are my favorite TRIM AIO. I just LOVE them! They fit my son and my daughter (two very different body shapes) wonderfully!

These are my choices:
Plain PUL (my DD is a heavy wetter and she just hasn't met ANY fabric outer that can keep up with her, not fault of Daisy Doodles)
Suedecloth (doesn't pil and is trim)
Front Aplix (although she does off front snaps and side snaps)

Christa the WAHM is really wonderful to work with! She's kind AND she gets through customs faster than anyone I know!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#12 of 19 Old 03-24-2005, 10:47 PM

I love love love love love our daisy doodles. I just recently got two customs done-I had a mishap w/ my bank and she was very understanding with me. She's awesome and the diapers rock!
#13 of 19 Old 04-08-2005, 01:24 PM

We our DDs! The trim fit is super, especially under clothes, and I like the shell/snap-in soaker idea. Christa was great to work with and had very quick turn-around time. I also appreciate the wait list option since I stink at stalking!
#14 of 19 Old 04-29-2005, 04:02 AM

I LOVE the fit of these, they are honestly the most adorable diapers! They offer plenty of bum coverage on my son but still manage to be super duper trim, especially through the stride. They looks so cute on him, like tiny undies. As cute as they are, they don't work for us unfortunately. This is probably due to ds being a heavy wetting boy, I don't think quick dry all in ones work for him in general, he misses the soaker and it seeps through the shell to the outside. I think ds would be able to fit his mediums for a long time, my 2 and a half year old wore one without the qd soaker in a pinch when we forgot extra underwear for her on an outing and she is 29 lbs.
#15 of 19 Old 08-29-2005, 12:16 PM

An update:

We've used our DD's for over a year with no problem but DD has turned into a super heavy wetter and these are no longer working for us. We're very sad to let them go!!

We did have better luck with the PUL outers than the cotton though!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#16 of 19 Old 09-20-2005, 08:23 PM

We love these!!!
Finally an AIO that fits fabulous under cute clothes. And I love the microfiber! Not hemp smell and super soft. These are great for active toddlers who run around and want to be free of bulk.
#17 of 19 Old 08-29-2006, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think that these would be a better diaper for girls than boys, due to the rather low cut in front. That said, they have held up fairly well. I thought the fit was awkward the first time I tried it - the insert is only attached on the back side, so I wasn't sure how to tuck it in (being a newbie to CD). Once I got the hang of how it went together, it fit fairly well. There is not a lot of room in these diapers (being so trim). DS took a nap and then pooped before I got to change him - #2 was contained but his shorts got wet. It's a cute diaper, but wouldn't be my first choice for regular use.

Mama to Marcus (1/05) and Arianna (3/10). hbac.gif

#18 of 19 Old 09-06-2006, 12:21 PM

Daisy Doodles are the perfect diaper for the diaper bag. They're very trim, so they work under any clothes. You can fit lots of them in the diaper bag and the wet bag, especially if you include some extra soakers are reuse the outers.

They're not the most leak-proof diaper. Be sure to change after each pee. If there is poo, it will get on the outer and you'll have to wash it before re-use. The suedecloth or microfleece both wash off easily.

I particularly like the WIOs because they don't leak. Unfortunately they have to be washed every poo, unlike wool covers over fitteds.

These diapers look adorable, too. My favorite combination is solid PUL (lasts longer than the prints) and a patterned microfleece or suedecloth. We get many combinations.

Oh, and the outers by themselves make great swim diapers.
#19 of 19 Old 09-07-2006, 11:03 AM

These are probably my favorites on dd. She has skinny legs and the side snaps let me get just the right fit. I have quite a few of these but my woven PUL with a thick doubler is a favorite for long nights.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page