Valor Kids - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 03-13-2004, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kathleen has a beautiful selection of *quality* cotton woven fabrics to choose from (this aint the cheap stuff!) and took the time to seam the fabric at the crotch so that the print was right side up on both sides! I was a bit wary of hemp fleece that is turned smooth side up but after nearly 3 months, there are still no pill balls floating around the inners of my diaper. Well sewn, coordinating serger thread and professional tagging.

The diaper fits both my kiddos (33 pounds 32" tall and CHUBBY) and (32 pounds 37" tall and 'normal), I'm pretty sure I have a Large. It has a total of 4 layers of hemp, which makes for a good day time "coverless" kind of diaper... but wouldn't work overnight for my heavy wetters (40 layers maybe!) After one wet, the diaper is quite wet, but not soaking or sopping all over the place. One of my favorite diapers to let them run around the house in.

I got my Valor Kids fitted diaper in a swap, so I did not pay retail for it... but I feel it is a worthy purchase if you are in the market for a well made fitted! (I would imagine her AIO and other products to be just as well sewn too)
#2 of 17 Old 03-18-2004, 01:05 PM

I bought a large side snap fitted a few months ago well home in Canada. Kathleen even let me stop by and pick it up so I didn't have to pay shipping!
I love this diaper it fits ds great (21lbs and a chub) he fits on the tightest snaps so he'll be wearing this for a long time. This diaper with a doubler is my favorite overnight fitted.

Janessa
#3 of 17 Old 03-24-2004, 05:09 AM

I have a huge collection of Valor-Kids items.I started with hemp fitteds which I found to be absorbent enough to go coverless around the house. Next I tried an AIO and I could not believe how long I could leave ds in it without any wicking as most cotton print oute AIO's do. I think VK AIO's are so well made , work great , and are made from the best selection of fabrics. I have also recently bought a VK hand dyed wool cover and a VK PUL cover and am also very pleased with them.

Kathleen is great to work with and has been very patient with me while I decide on fabrics and make my payment for my custom orders.
#4 of 17 Old 03-25-2004, 02:01 AM

I have several Valor Kids AIOs, and they are always the first I reach for. I get compliments on how pretty they are, and they are some of the first diapers I reach for when I want something to "show off".

First, the diapers are just gorgeous. Kathleen has an amazing fabric selection, and her workmanship is just flawless. She is extremely customer oriented. You can choose from two types of soakers (I have both the tri-fold and the contour - I prefer to contour) and she will make it just how you want it. Fleece topped - you got it! Velour topped? Ok!

Second, Kathleen has wonderful customer service. She really does a great job of keeping her customers updated on the custom orders.
#5 of 17 Old 03-26-2004, 03:49 PM

I have 2 Valor Kids Items. I have been using them since December, and they continue to be 2 of my favorites. I have a red bee print AIO that is one of my favorites becasue I know I can trust it to remain dry, even on outings and naps. The second is a green and purple star print Side snap fitted, which fits like it was made for my son. With a large variety of beautiful fabrics, and great products I suggest trying a VK product. I will be back for more!

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#6 of 17 Old 04-04-2004, 06:40 PM

I have 5 AIOs and 3 fitteds and they are my favorite diapers. The AIOs never leak and they are the only diapers my DD wears when we leave the house. The fitteds are perfect around the house even without a cover. Kathleen's workmanship is excellent. The microfleece she uses is the softest I have felt, and after months of wear the diapers still look new. Her fabric selection is wonderful too, it is so hard to choose. I think this is the most comfortable diaper available, it fits like it was made just for her.

I wish Kathleen had opened Valor Kids sooner because this would be the only diaper in my stash if she had. The eight I own have been added to an already too large stash, but after ordering one when she first opened I had to have more.
#7 of 17 Old 05-31-2004, 04:35 AM

Here's another very high quality WAHM diaper............you can tell Kathleen really takes her time and makes a wonderful product. I used size smalls on Ivy 2 years ago, and they fit for a long time, with great waist and thigh adjustability. I also have a Large aio and matching sundress; the AIO was Ashlyn's and is still going strong even after 3 years of constant use. She uses the best quality fabrics in her diapers, and it really shows with how well my aio and dress have held up. I am really looking forward to using the tiny aios I recently purchased for the bean

Terri, sewing mama to 4 beautiful girls and the boy, Finn. We novaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gifh20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gifsewmachine.gif since 1996!
#8 of 17 Old 06-05-2004, 10:45 PM

This is, by far, the best AIO that I have. The fabrics are lovely, the workmanship is UNBEATABLE and they are super absorbant! This is my only AIO that does not leak. Yep, the ONLY one! The soaker is wonderful...It just keeps absorbing and holding it all in!

I would love to have my whole stash VK...but that would be dreaming, mama. lol.

Buy these diapers!! (only don't buy my sons size. lol. Save it for ME!)

Peace,
Liz
#9 of 17 Old 06-14-2004, 05:36 PM

I have purchased used diapers on the Valor Kids site from Kathleen and must say that she is fantastic to work with and very descriptive on all that she sells! I would happily purchase from her again!
#10 of 17 Old 06-19-2004, 05:54 PM

I just purchased a VK AIO from the last stocking and I have to say they are the best AIO out there. They fit Jack like they were made for him. I love them!
#11 of 17 Old 07-11-2004, 01:30 AM

I got a Valor Kids side-snap fitted on the TP, and loved it so much I ordered five custom diapers when Kathleen opened up for orders a month ago. The diapers are wonderful workmom-ship, and her woven prints are by far the most beautiful I've seen! She has lots of "mature" prints, which I particularly like. These M side-snap diapers fit my 18lb, 26.5 in chunkster 4 mo old perfectly, with plenty of grow room. I only wish I'd ordered more diapers!
#12 of 17 Old 07-24-2004, 10:00 AM

Everyone else has said it! I love this new medium fitted I recieved from Valor Kids. It is just a perfect fit, perfect workmomship. Kathleen was prompt to update the status of my order and shipping was timely.

I'm only sad that my baby is now potty training, but this will be one of the first diapers I grab when we are out and about on the town, I love it!
#13 of 17 Old 08-10-2004, 01:01 AM

I just received 2 Valor Kids AIO's in the mail today. These may turn out to be my favorite AIO's The workmanship is amazing! They are just beautiful and the fit is wonderful. I love them and must have more!!!
#14 of 17 Old 08-13-2004, 05:00 PM

I just received my custom wool cover today and it is gorgeous! It is so well made and Kathleen is such a great person to work with.
#15 of 17 Old 09-25-2004, 03:19 PM

I have ordered SEVERAL things from Kathleen and love her work! Everything is VERY well-made. Kathleen is super super nice, too, with great communication! Things shipped quickly, even from Canada! I will definitely do business with Kathleen again.

Mama K: Child of God, wife to S, mama to 3 little beauties and 1 handsome little guy!

#16 of 17 Old 09-13-2005, 01:25 AM

Well, I think I am the biggest Valor Kids fan there is, even though I've never bought one new! It is so hard to get hold of new VK diapers.

I have a huge collection (around 20) of AIO's from Kathleen - most have the hidden layer of PUL with a cotton woven outer. I just love them! Her fabrics are superb (tons of stuff that is beautiful yet gender neutral)!

And, best of all, no wicking!

I also own one solid-color PUL dipe with a velour inner - it's wonderful! Very absorbent, and the workmomship is flawless.

The best way to snag a Valor Kids diaper is either used, or through the charity auctions, since Kathleen always seems to be involved in charity work.

Oh... I also bought several used diapers from her off her web site, and they are in excellent condition and just beautiful!

to Valor Kids (long live Valor Kids!)
#17 of 17 Old 02-14-2006, 04:42 PM

Long overdue accolades for Valor Kids! I have owned several AIOs and a couple of OV fitteds, and I have a wool cover on the way. I keep going back to her because she has great customer care and her products are flawless. The fit can't be beat!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page