MuttaQin Baby - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 04-08-2004, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love this diaper!! I just ordered it last week and she priority mailed them to me because I got two for my friend overseas who just had a baby. Michelle has wonderful customer service, the packaging made me feel special and the diaper itself is soooo soft and cute. I got a blue plaid original diaper. It is one size fits all and it does. It dried quickly in the dryer and it wasn't even the quick dry diaper! It did not wick nor did it have a strong ammonia smell some diapers have after being wet for a while. My little man pee's a lot and he was still pretty much dry after napping and drinking a ton of BM and juice. I love this diaper. I will be definately buying from her again.
#2 of 22 Old 06-14-2004, 11:12 PM

I have several of the one-size fitted diapers and love them. She has a good selection of prints and absolutely wonderful customer service. They're quite absorbant and I've got a heavy wetter. I just received three of the AIOs today (same one size system) - I'll be back once I get a feel for them.
#3 of 22 Old 06-18-2004, 01:36 AM

I have ordered 4 diapers-3 fitteds, 1 AIO-from Michelle now and I'm totally in . This is the only one-size system that will work for my tall, skinny guy. We have tried every one-size system out there but always with the same results...rise too short! MuttaQin baby is a very generously sized one-size and I appreciate that!

Michelle always ships extremely fast and her communication is excellent. Oh, and try her wipes too if you get a chance! I'm not sure where she buys her fabric for them but they are cute to boot and sooo soft!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#4 of 22 Old 06-22-2004, 04:43 AM

I love love love love my MuttaQin Fitteds. I have 6 (and 2 more on the way) that I just love, and have been known to do wash when they are dirty, even though I have way more dipes I could use. I have 1 of the originals, and the other 5 are the QD style. The only thing I would change is to get more of the original style, and that is just cuz it is a pain to match the soakers sometimes. Other than that, I these diapers. My 25 month old just moved up to the top row of snaps, and wears them with the wings touching, so I am pretty sure we will be getting a LOT of use out of these.
#5 of 22 Old 06-23-2004, 08:31 PM

I have 8 Muttaqins now - 6 QDs and 2 of the original non quick dry. I absolutely these diapers.
For one thing, they are adorable. I don't enjoy covering them up ! She has great prints in a variety of fabrics.
They are quite absorbent.
They are VERY trim in my opinion, trimmer than other one size dipes, especially in the crotch.
Michelle's CS is top notch. I did a custom order and she was very accommodating, quick to answer my emails, and very sweet.
I highly recommend Muttaqin Baby!
#6 of 22 Old 06-29-2004, 06:40 PM

These are my favorite fitteds. I can only imagine how much money I would have spent on replacement sizes since my 3 mo son is 17 lbs. Yeah!! They are very absorbent, look great and hold up well after multiple washes. I have the internal soaker design, which DOES take a while to dry, but I dry in the dryer, and leave overnight on a drying rack, so it doesn't bother me. Michelle was great and my order was shipped fast! Reasonable prices for the quality and great availablilty. I don't have time to stalk for dipes...
#7 of 22 Old 07-19-2004, 03:37 PM

I my Muttaquin's! I was buying soly SOSs until I just had to try one of these, I am SO glad I did. She has a huge instock store as well as custom orders, beautiful vibrant prints, excellent quality. I bought one to try it out. I then purchased 3 more a week or so later, then bought two more a week later! They are quick dry which is great because I was starting to have some build up problems with my SOSs and the QD Muttaquin's are great and I don't have buil up issues.

I can't say how great they will work over a long time period, but after being washed close to 15 times they look like brand new. I also think her diapers will fit a pretty large size range. I could see these fitting a newborn if you get a less bulk doubler as well as fitting a toddler. Most one size diapers aren't really one size, but there have to be the best OS I have seen thus far.

Very quick shipping as well.
#8 of 22 Old 07-23-2004, 01:24 AM

I have 16 Muttaqins and hope to own more! They are amazing diapers! The construction is top-notch, they fit wonderfully on both dds, they are incredibly soft and Michelle is super to work with!! She always has instock and also has a great variety of custom prints. I HIGHLY recommend Muttaqins to anyone looking for the perfect one-size diaper.
#9 of 22 Old 10-01-2004, 12:17 AM

I ordered an instock diaper from Muttaqin and I received it one week later. I was not happy with the print and inside lining color combination – the outside was more vivid colors and the inside was mauve. On the website it stated that the color was simply pink. I immediately e-mailed Michelle and she wrote me right back and said that it was OK to exchange the diaper. I requested to exchange it with a diaper that I saw instock on her site that day so that I would not have to wait for a custom.

I mailed the diaper back priority and waited 10 days and I had not heard back from Michelle whether she received the diaper and what the status was of my new diaper so I e-mailed her. She e-mailed me right back and said that she received the returned diaper the week before and she was waiting on some white velour that should be there in the next day or two and she would mail it out. I was disappointed that I had to wait for essentially a custom diaper but I guess should have been more specific about why I chose the replacement diaper in the first place – to minimize the wait.

Twelve days later I had still not received a diaper so I e-mailed Michelle again about the status of my new diaper. She wrote right back that she had shipped it out a few days back. I was disappointed that I had to be the one to constantly check on the status of my diaper. I received it several days later.

Putting aside that poor customer service transaction,

Pros:
*Trim
*Overall good workmomship

Cons:
*The front of the diaper is very wide and I don't like the look/fit
*Adequate with absorption but I would use a doubler for a nap
*The snaps on the soaker could have been better placed so it would exactly in thirds but this does not affect performance.
*I know my dd will grow out of this at some point. She has chubby thighs and at 6 months she only has one more snap setting left.
#10 of 22 Old 10-09-2004, 09:40 PM

I love the Muttaqin AIOs! I've also heard a lot of good things about the diapers and I'll have to try them soon. The AIOs are sooo soft inside and are some of the most beautiful diapers I've ever seen. They fit my 9 month old very well. I am a wahm with an online diaper store and I made sure to stock up on these. I know they'll go fast cause they're great quality.
#11 of 22 Old 11-19-2004, 05:30 PM

Just wanted to add to my original review...I have been using my Muttaqins for 5 months and am still very happy with them. They fit my second child beautifully and he is 13lbs.
The diapers have held up very, very well. I have had no holes, no snap problems, no serging issues, zero problems as far as wear goes. Some of my outer prints have faded but that is to be expected. The woven prints have hardly even faded. And these diapers see some major use around here!
I have bought some fleece lined ones as well and they are fantastic too.
The AIOs are very nicely made and super soft and trim. They don't work as well for us just because they're a snap in soaker type AIO (so really an AI2) and my boys sometimes miss the soaker!
Muttaqins are worth the investment, most definitely.
#12 of 22 Old 03-30-2005, 09:38 PM

I have 6 Muttaqin QD diapers. I them. I have the Qd soakers in both sherpa and hemp. These diapers are high quality, great workmanship. They are so nice and squishy and come in the cutest prints. They fit my 6 week old 12 lb baby wonderfully and I can see that they are really a onesize diaper that will fit for many many months to come.

Michelle has wonderful customer service. She is quick to answer emails and very friendly. I highly recommend this WAHmama and these diapers.

I'm a very happy customer.
#13 of 22 Old 04-05-2005, 11:26 PM

I have 4 Muttaqin AIO and 2 fitted diapers. I really like these diapers. After months of cding these are the diapers I grab over all others in my stash. The AIOs are trim and leak-proofand fit great. The fitteds are super absorbant-- great for over-night with a wool cover.
#14 of 22 Old 04-06-2005, 03:08 PM

I love my Muttagin fitted diaper It seems to fit my boys well and dries quickly with the removable snap-in liner. I bought this second hand and will definately be buying more, even if I have to shell out the big bucks :LOL
#15 of 22 Old 04-29-2005, 04:19 AM

We finally purchased our first Muttaqin(a knit outer with quick dry soaker and velour inner), and I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first. It seemed a little bit wide through the rear and looked like it might tend to be bulky. But now that we have used it a few times, I can say that I really like it. I like the way the foldover settings work, not a lot of bulk on the smaller settings, like some other 1 size diapers. I love that the snaps are hidden and the snap in trifold is folded so that the serged "seam" lays down toward the diaper instead of rubbing against my baby's bum. It's probably the squishiest diaper we have, it honestly just seems like it would be incredibly soft and comfortable to wear, and that's very important to me when looking for a diaper for my baby. It is a bit wide through the rear, but not overly so. I think this diaper is perfect for babies who are wide through the rear or just chubby in general, although my baby is on the small side and it fits him well too. It's not the trimmest through the stride of the diapers I own, but I don't consider it wide or bulky through the stride either. It is one of the most absorbent fitteds we own. It's not super trim, but strikes just the right balance of absorbency and trimmness. I don't think it looks bulky on at all. We'll be getting more of these.
#16 of 22 Old 05-11-2005, 08:59 PM

Awesome workmanship! Awesome customer service!
#17 of 22 Old 05-13-2005, 03:18 PM

I love the quality of MuttaQin diapers and customer service. I've gotten several nb diapers for my future nb, and MuttiQins are my favorite! The embroidered wool covers are beautiful! I should mention that I've not had a chance to use the nb dipes yet, but I have used the one-size diapers on my dd and they are great!
#18 of 22 Old 05-19-2005, 11:48 AM

I have a dozen Muttaqins....one-size....AIO's and OV. They are all amazing! I have tried a TON of different fitteds and these are hands down my favorite diapers. They are so soft and cuddly and very absorbant. We've never had a blow out or a leak and we use them frequently for overnight. Michelle is very sweet and very easy to work with. She's super fast with shipping and communication and gives you an overall great shopping experience

Oh and try her wool snap covers if you get a chance too. I have 2 embroidered covers and not only do they work and fit like a glove, but they are cute to boot!
#19 of 22 Old 11-16-2005, 12:14 PM

It's been a long time since anyone has posted a review for these!! I guess most feel there is no need, since they are so popular?

Well I just got a new style medium velour diaper from her, and I love it! This really is saying a lot, because I am super picky and have a dd with huge thighs. I usually make my own diapers, because I have such a hard time finding things that I really love. Well, I really don't have time now, and I'd buy a whole stash of these, if I had the money

Very absorbant, and I love the soaker sewn in at both ends. The shipping was super fast, which I loved!! Great diaper and service
#20 of 22 Old 12-05-2005, 11:27 AM

I bought an AIO from her site and I love it. It fit my 9 lb baby! The print is soo cute and it just looks so soft and comfy inside! It's like the mercedes of cloth diapers!

Just wondering- anyone use the AIO on older kids? I'm not sure about the soaker pad. it seems kind of thin and I'm wondering if it absorbant enough for older kids. It works good now, however.
#21 of 22 Old 03-29-2006, 02:36 PM

I have 8 Muttaqin fitteds (front snap). I LOVE them! The OV is so soft and luxurious, and the colors are to die for- so vibrant and lovely. The OS is also nice and fluffy. These diapers are well made, and are a real treat! I like the thickness of the NB size, and the foldover snap-in in the size 1's. One note- the size 1's are considerably bigger than the NB's. These are quickly becoming hyena, if they aren't already, so take advantage of her fairly extensive in-stock store while you can! She ships very quickly, as other posters have mentioned.
#22 of 22 Old 05-19-2006, 10:03 AM
p.s

Have 4, been using x little over 1 mo. Excellent construction. Dyed ones, esp the organic velour, are luscious yummy colors.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page