Celtic Wool Creations - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2004, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have 2 Celtic Wool Creations covers, one is a Celtic Wolf, and the other is a Celtic Knight.

I bought the front-snapping Celtic Wolf a couple of stockings back, and use it regularly in the day and occasionally at night. NEVER A LEAK. The cover has nice deep gussets that keep everything in, even the thickest of diapers. DS' diaper can be completely soaked underneath, and the cover is still nice and dry. I only wash it 2 or 4 weeks, and it has never started smelling even then. It always airs out and reverts to smelling new and *sort of* fresh very quickly.

I was concerned about the fit however, because DS was already on the 2nd last snaps, so I emailed Mary about it, and she was brilliant. She sent me a tester in her new large size, this time a side-snapping Celtic Knight - it is different from the Wolf in that instead of 2 layers of thinner plaid/tartan, it is one thick layer of blanket wool.

Well if possible it works even better than the Wolf, because the size is just right for DS. It covers a Happy Hempy stuffed with a toddler prefold (folder in fourths) and an additional microterry doubler. The gussets are simply awesome. I cannot say enough good things about these covers!

The Celtic Knight is now our favourite overnight cover by far. Sure it can be a little bulky over the huge night diapers, but it just can't be beat for keeping everything dry. The Celtic Wolf is slightly trimmer if you want a nice fit under clothes.

Mary is also tremendous - she is really responsive, extremely helpful, lovely to work with, her service and shipping very fast. I am so looking forward to her next stocking and her Celtic Hippos!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2004, 04:04 PM

Mary has about the best customer service that I have seen. I ordered a size 2 that was a tad too small on DS to use over a nighttime diaper. So I asked if I could exchange it for a 2T. She not only said that it was not a problem, but didn't charge me shipping on the new cover. I love the gussetts on her covers - they fit over even the bulkiest night diapers. And the plaid wool makes them stand out from other covers. I find her wool to be very soft as well and never have red marks with the Wolf. I have one Celtic Wolf and another on the way!

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
Old 06-21-2004, 10:26 PM

Mary has the best customer service I've ever had. I had a slight problem with a cover so I mailed it back and she covered the cost. Not only did she repair it but I got a brand new cover too!

I love the fit and the wool is very soft. I have the size 2 front snap, Mary added a hip snap for me as well.

The fit is amazing on my dd. It fits well over all of her diapers.
I also have a sz 1 and I can't wait to try it on when we have a newborn.

I am very happy with my product and service from Celtic Wool Creations.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:42 PM

By far my favorite wool ever! I'm so excited to get my hands on one of her new covers
Old 11-14-2004, 12:44 AM

I just bought 2 Celtic Wolf covers and they are stunning! The wool is so luxurious, and Mary's sewing is wonderful. I ordered the wrong size for dd, and Mary is not only letting me exchange it, she won't let me pay shipping for the new cover, and the turnaround time on the exchange is only 3 days! Hard to find that kind of CS these days. I haven't used the covers yet (the one I'm keeping is for the little pea on the way ) but will be sure to report back when I do. But so far, I'll definately be ordering from her again. A gorgeous, well-made product and unsurpassed customer service- can't beat that!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

User Tag List