Sweet Pea Inspirations/ebayname tinker6729 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-21-2004, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered a custom soaker from this store. I sent my daughters correct measurements..... but soon received a few emails saying they could not get the legs big enough (my dd only has 13 inch legs... not thunder thighs by any means) to match the rise (her rise is 17 -18 depending on the diaper so i asked for a 19-19.5 inch rise on the soaker). I finally told the WAHM to just send it and I would see if it fit as maybe I was measureing incorrectly. It arrived and was indeed too small. The legs were said to be 12 inches, but they were only 10 inches and stretched to 12. The rise was just a tad short, but could have been used if the legs were as they were supposed to be.

I did contact the WAHM to let her know it was indeed too small and I would need one with slightly bigger legs and maybe another 1.5 on the rise like stated in my original email. They then replied that it was not possible for them to get this size and they would refund me if i sent the soaker back.

Instead I just sold the soaker and was done with it. Overall I would not recommend this WAHM again as it seems their pattern is inflexible and there are softer wool soakers out there. (Mine wasnt scratchy... but it wasnt as soft as a few others I have).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-23-2004, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I received my soaker from this seller today. I'm quite pleased with it, although I was pretty nervous after reading a MDC thread about it. It fits wonderfully (has a high rise, which is good for my long, skinny baby) and the colors are beautiful. The knit is tight and uniform. The wool is not as soft as others but it hasn't been lanolized, so that may soften it up a bit. It's not scratchy, just not the softest. The soaker is as pictured. I would buy from this person again.

Homesteading Mama to homeschoolin' kiddos London (10) ; Alexander (8) :; Holden (5) :; and Sergei born at home 8/18/08

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page