BJMarketplace - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 06-02-2004, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have three soakers from BJMarketplace off ebay. They are unparalleled in softness!! The fit is perfect for my son, although I know she can customize the fit if necessary. I first purchased when her prices were very low, but as she is gaining popularity, her prices are going up to a more normal range. I have several different styles of soakers - some with rolled legs, others with ribbed, some with drawstrings, others without. I love them all. The colors are very vibrant and I cannot stress how soft these soakers are! Karen is very sweet to work with and I highly recommend her soakers!
#2 of 20 Old 06-09-2004, 10:31 AM

I *love* my soaker from BJ Marketplace.

It took a long time for me to finally order, but this doggie soaker is AWESOME. My daughter squeals with delight when she sees it and it is SOOOOOOOOO soft. SOFT SOFT SOFT!!!!!!

I think she might be at the end of the size range, so I'm really hoping Karen will get a larger size added onto her "collection".

Give it a try.... they're WONDERFUL
#3 of 20 Old 06-16-2004, 01:07 AM

I got a soaker from BJ Marketplace that I absolutely loved. It was so cute, purple with a whale on the back. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried it was just too small for my baby. I ended up selling it but I did love it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#4 of 20 Old 06-16-2004, 10:57 AM

This soaker is so soft! Beautifully knit and the design is adorable! Karen is wonderful to work with and will customize designs and size for you. My first soaker was a "Hello Kitty" one and it was missing one of it's ears. I e-mailed Karen and she exchanged it very quickly. I now have 3 customs on order!
#5 of 20 Old 06-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Banned

The first one I ordered was the panda design. Very cute and AMAZINGLY soft... but way to big in the legs. The auction said it was a one size fits all, and my chunky 3 month old could fit two legs in each hole. I tried it on my 30 lb toddler, who admittedly(sp?) is skinny, but the leg openings were too big on him too.

Karen took the soaker back and offered me a refund. In a few weeks, I asked where the refund was, but she said she'd had her knitter(s) make one with smaller leg openings. It took forever to arrive, but it finally did and it fits both boys great and works very well.
#6 of 20 Old 07-08-2004, 02:45 PM

I just received my first BJM soaker yesterday and LOVE it. It is so incredibly soft and fits Sarah like a dream. I will definately order more.
#7 of 20 Old 07-14-2004, 12:52 AM

so so so so so so soft!!!! I highly recommend. Such a great product for a low price.

: Karen, wife to my : Mad Scientist and mama to :Emma (10-21-03).
I spend my days : : and seeing how many smilies I can fit in my siggy.
#8 of 20 Old 07-19-2004, 03:24 PM

I absolutly love my BJ Soaker(there are 2 pics, one from far way, one close up). I won an orange / yellow varigrated off of eBay and it is breath taking. It is so soft and knit on very tiny needles, so the stitches are very tight... yet very stretchy! It has bees embelished on the back (not knit in) and they pop out from the soaker, it is very cute.

I inquired about a custom pair of shorts but I don't care for solid colored yarn and she didn't have a big variety of varigrated colors, so I passed. But she has great prices for customs as well as bulk orders (in threes). For the quality of the soakers it is amazing that they charge so little.

She informed me that they were starting to widen their colors of yarn and I will be keeping a close eye on her eBay store till I see a color that I like. English is odviously not her second language but I didn't find her hard to communicate with at all, she spoke (ok wrote ) almost perfect English and was very good with her corispondance.
#9 of 20 Old 08-09-2004, 04:17 PM

We just got our first BJM Soaker from www.mtdiaperstore.com and I have to say I am amazed at how soft and well made it is. The embellished bees are perfect and so well done. The fit is great (our DS is a fairly average sized 16 month old) and we can even use it overnight without leaks!! I'm super impressed by these soakers . I love the price and the fact that they are easy to get, I'd definitely recommend these~
#10 of 20 Old 09-06-2004, 12:53 AM

I'm another fan of my BJMarketplace soaker. I've had it for a few weeks now and after lanolizing it twice it is leak proof. And sooo soft. Mine is a lime green with dragonflies. It is fluffing quickly but I expected that with the softness and DS is pretty rough on his soakers. I liked the first one well enough that I recently ordered a custom long legged soaker.
#11 of 20 Old 09-06-2004, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I just received my custom order BJM shorts and longies and I am so happy that I placed the order. Like my 2 pairs of soakers they are super soft and trim, yet hold up to DS naps and even car rides.

I also like the fact that I can support HAND knitting women in China earn a good living, where the cost of living is MUCH lower than the US, therefore the soakers can be offered at a lower price.

I would recommend these to anyone that wants to try out wool as a very reasonable price.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#12 of 20 Old 09-12-2004, 08:06 PM

I wasn't sure if I should order a soaker off ebay b/c of the 13-30lbs size range and ds is just over 30lbs. But the soaker was soooo cute I had to get it. It is a soft yellow with 2 buzzing bees When we received it, as soon as I took it out of the package ds wanted to wear it....and he wouldn't take it off for 3 days!!! We had absolutely no leaks and it fits him just perfect. We love it! Infact I just ordered another soaker and that one is wonderful too! You should buy one!
#13 of 20 Old 09-25-2004, 03:13 PM

We have 2 BJM soakers an 1 pair of pants and like them a lot! They are so soft and very well-made. They DO pill a little, but that is to be expected with really soft yarn. We haven't really had problems with leaks or wicking, either, and Katie is a fairly heavy wetter. Karen is also very good to work with -- she is very good at staying in contact, is friendly, and ships VERY quickly!

Mama K: Child of God, wife to S, mama to 3 little beauties and 1 handsome little guy!

#14 of 20 Old 11-15-2004, 12:40 AM

i also love our BJM longies. what a great price for longies! and they are soft and pretty. i feel you can't go wrong...if you want to try some longies on a low budget but want something well made and soft, really, don't hesitate to try BJM
#15 of 20 Old 11-23-2004, 02:07 PM

This is the perfect first soaker!
I was a little reluctant to dive into the world of wool.
But BJM soakers are so easy to take care of, I'm really surprise at how they dont start to smell after a few uses
It also was soooo easy to get, always tons in stock to choose from.
#16 of 20 Old 11-30-2004, 05:17 PM

BJM is great to work with. I have three of her soakers and am in the process of custom ordering a lot of 3 longies. She is very flexible, ships fast and the product is high quality. I love the different designs and how open they are to custom requests.

We did try to use them at night and they weren't enough for my super soaker... so these are strictly daytime covers for us!
#17 of 20 Old 01-18-2005, 10:42 PM

We got bella a bj longie from montana diaper store and it is so darn cute!
We actually got it for her to wear for pants, not as a soaker, because she loves wool

I am SO impressed! The quality is fabulous!
Wonderful knit, wonderful colors, wonderful yarn!
Thank you
#18 of 20 Old 01-23-2005, 02:39 PM

I have 2 pair of longies from BJMarketplace. They fit really well and are very soft. So far, I've been very impressed.

Oh and I emailed her and asked her what she had available in our size and she sent pics. I ordered directly through her and they arrived very quickly. So if you don't see what you want on Ebay just ask her....she often will have many others instock.
#19 of 20 Old 02-24-2005, 01:40 AM

I absolutely LOVE the one and only BJ longies pair that I've bought so far. It's a hip bright orange with a modern pumpkin design on the butt--I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on the design and how many times I've tried to knit another pair of equal softeness and stretch, not to mention great fit. Excellent craftsmanship!!! I'll be buying more from Karen very soon. The price is extremely reasonable for the quality and she is a pleasure to work with, very quick to respond online to any questions. I highly recommend these longies (I haven't bought a soaker shorts set yet).
#20 of 20 Old 12-05-2005, 11:35 PM

I bought an adorable pair of longies from BJMarketplace and they rock! The design is so cute and the wool is so soft against baby's skin! Shipping was also quite speedy! I am very pleased with my purchase and the great service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page