Calico Baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 08-04-2004, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! I can't believe I'm the first one to post a review as I've seen quite a few mamas mention her on the diapering board.

I ordered a custom AIO, a quick dry soaker and a trifold soaker from Laura. I had a few questions before I ordered and she was very helpful and timely with her replies. She has a lot of very cute fabrics to choose from and is willing to go look for what you want if she doesn't have it. I think her website says orders will be ready in less than two weeks - mine was here much quicker than that.

The AIO is great, my little guy is at the small end of the mediums but this fits him fine now and I think it will for quite a while. It is a trim fit with the contoured soaker in. She makes the AIO without serged edges, I'm sorry I'm not a seamstress and don't know the name for it, but it's a very clean look. The quick dry soaker has an interesting design that I think I'm going to like, the ends are sewn together so it doesn't slide around when in the diaper but if I hang it on the line like an "O", it dries pretty quickly.

To sum it up, great product with great service and she even included an extra soaker 'cause the first one has a spot and she added a nice wipe, too.
#2 of 26 Old 08-05-2004, 12:00 PM

I bought an ultimate AIO from thecalicobaby about a month ago and I have been using it frequently and it is holding up great. It is a great naptime or even outing diaper because it can hold for awhile if needed and it is trim.(not super trim but it fits under clothing fine )

Also after removing the soiled snap in you can either use an additional (purchase separately) snap in or you can use a contour diaper or prefold inside the AIO shell.

When I first got it in the mail I looked it over and the fabrics were soft and the diaper was made well. If I'm in the market for AIOs again I would buy again from this WAHM. Shipping is free and quick!
#3 of 26 Old 08-11-2004, 03:05 PM

I have three Ultimate AIOs. They are very trim...the soakers I have are hemp terry and are amazingly thin, yet absorbant. The fabrics are really soft and the inner layer of light-weight windpro really helps cut out wicking issues.

Laura is great to work with and very friendly.

And, FREE SHIPPING!!!!!
#4 of 26 Old 08-16-2004, 03:58 PM

Super quick shipping and gorgeous dipes! What more can you ask for?
#5 of 26 Old 08-17-2004, 09:55 PM

I ordered a Batik fitted, and it was beautiful! The rise is kinda low on my DD, but she is long The more I see this diaper, the more I like it. Shipping was really quick and FREE too! I am a sucker for free
#6 of 26 Old 08-20-2004, 10:29 AM

I my 2 fleece covers. They're so soft and fit so well, with room for DS to grow. I would definitely buy from this WAHM again.

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#7 of 26 Old 08-25-2004, 08:45 PM

One hundred thumbs up!
I first ordered a fleece cover, and it is a wonderful fit, and very well made.
Then I got a fitted, and it is unbelievably nice. I love it. its 2nd on my list of favs.
I just ordered 2 more fitteds. they are really nice girls!

Customer service is soooooooo good too.
#8 of 26 Old 09-19-2004, 11:25 PM

I had a really good experience with The Calico Baby. I first bought a hemp adjustable diaper (one size dipe) and one of the snaps broke when I first tried to use it (she was trying out new snaps). Laura generously offered to send me another diaper!! This time I got a fitted. Both diapers are really absorbant, beautiful, and fit my DD well. The customer service is phenomenol. I would definitely go back for more and recommend to others.
#9 of 26 Old 09-29-2004, 11:31 PM

I bought an adjustable sherpa fitted from Calico Baby and it was very well made and was a great fit on my daughter. It was my first sherpa diaper and I ended up not liking the it much. The *only* reason I got rid of this diaper was because I didn't like sherpa. The workmanship was top notch! I hope to buy an ultimate AIO soon
#10 of 26 Old 09-30-2004, 03:27 PM

Wow, I love Laura's diapers. They are really absorbent, due to having 3 layers of hemp in the body and then another 3 (or 4?) in the soaker. So perfectly made, and a lovely fit-nice and trim through the legs. I do love side snappers. The print outer was really cute and she cut it in the middle so it would be right-side-up on front and back, which I appreciate.
I would buy more for sure--I think I would ask her to only put 2 layers in the body for a snugger fit around the hips and bum, and just buy a doubler for extra absorbency, next time around--which there is sure to be!
#11 of 26 Old 10-03-2004, 03:54 PM

I bought a fitted for my son from The Calico Baby. It is really really cute on him and it feels so soft! It is one of my favorite diapers.
#12 of 26 Old 10-06-2004, 10:44 AM

I have mutiple Calicos, some older with aplix closure and some still awaiting to be mailed out. Laura is awesome. All her work is up to par and I have yet to recieve anything I could complain about. Her selection of prints are beautiful and her batics are wonderful. The option of reusing the shell is wonderful and her price for inserts are so reasonable. They hold up well in the wash and dry on the line or in the dryer wonderfully. They also work long term for naps and other times where I would normally not trust other diapers. Just cant say enough!

By far the love of my diaper stash!

Edit *10/19/04* We recieved our latest order of 5 AIOS and everyone was perfect. They are just so soft and cuddly and it makes me want to buy more! Her wipes are just as wonderful and soft. I can not wait until she has more listed! She also is now adding tags on all her diapers where I have some of her older velcor ones from a ways back that are still the top of the rotation list!
#13 of 26 Old 10-07-2004, 05:20 PM

I just got a fleece cover from her and it's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
#14 of 26 Old 10-09-2004, 06:06 PM

Ok, now I'm REALLY excited for my dipes to come. I've got 5 on the way. I want them now!!

Jen

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#15 of 26 Old 12-05-2004, 11:19 PM

2 for the Ultimate AIOs from The Calico Baby!

I've been cloth diapering for a looonnngggg time, and this is one of 2 WAHM AIOs I've found that doesn't wick if the baby isn't changed immediately after wetting. They fit my baby wonderfully. The next time I update my diaper stash, The Calico Baby AIOs will be on the top of my list.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#16 of 26 Old 02-02-2005, 03:08 PM

Laura has a great fabric selection, and the AIO I have is just too cute for words
Well made, adorable and functional. Enough said
#17 of 26 Old 02-02-2005, 11:53 PM

I can not say enough about the fleece covers I bought from Laura. Very well made and the BEST customer service I have ever recieved. If I ever have some $$ I will definitely seek an AIO myself.

jen

jen mommy to dd1 (11y), dd2 (6y) and ds (3y)
#18 of 26 Old 02-08-2005, 06:14 PM

I have both fitteds and AIO's from Calico and I both! They sewing is flawless and the are super trim. Her AIO's are one of our no fail for my heavy wetter. She has super fast shipping a great CS also a big for these diapers!
#19 of 26 Old 02-26-2005, 05:48 PM

I have two Ultimate AIOs & love them! Great customer service- the snaps quit working on one side on the first one I bought (no clue why- just one of those things I guess!), so I contacted her and she said she would be happy to repair it. She did, mailed it back quickly (free shipping!) and it's working great.

I love her fabrics, and the fit is trim on my dd... a definite !

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#20 of 26 Old 03-25-2005, 01:27 AM

I have 2 Calico baby AIO's and we these. The fit is perfect and sewing is flawless. We've even used these overnight with no wicking!
#21 of 26 Old 05-03-2005, 10:50 PM

I bought 4 fleece covers from Calico Baby. Fast shipping. Great quality. Excellent price!
#22 of 26 Old 05-11-2005, 08:57 PM

Awesome mamma to work with. Great products Great customer service!
#23 of 26 Old 06-06-2005, 12:50 AM

i ordered an (instock) aio from calico baby early last week and it was in my mailbox on saturday. it fits ds really well, is pretty trim (esp. for an aio), is well made and adorable! soaked his pee right up, too.

i then went back to her site and ordered two more aios. can't wait to get them.

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#24 of 26 Old 09-06-2005, 04:05 PM

All I can do is rave about The Calico Baby and Laura's work. I just recieved a new serged AIO and it is beautiful. I expected to wait a long time for this dipe since she is in Louisiana. But no, here it is and perfect. I have a collection of fitted, aios and fleece covers and love them all. I can't wait for her to open for customs again.

Thanks so much!
#25 of 26 Old 09-06-2005, 07:02 PM

Can't believe I haven't done a review of CalicoBaby yet! I started buying from Laura before she had her store, when she was selling on ebay. She did two AWESOME custom appliqued fleece covers for my ds that we love and we're keeping them forever.

Then I got one of her AIO's, and it convinced me to sell almost all my fitteds & wool, and other AIO's and most of my pockets, to get a stash of her awesome AIO's! They're wonderful. Laura is wonderful. She ships quick and is super sweet and answers all my questions. If I ever have another baby I'll be buying LOTS of tiny CalicoBaby stuff!

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#26 of 26 Old 05-12-2006, 12:52 PM

I just wanted to add another rave for her fleece covers; they are fantastic! I especially like the side-snapping ones, because I like the little bit of elastic that design has in the front. I also want to mention the great customer service and last (but not least!) the value; both well above average!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page