Green Acre Designs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 09-13-2004, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, first and foremost you just gotta love the name!! I tried these after clicking and reclicking on her website. Finally, I caved and bought a couple. I LOVE them!! The are not just well sewn, they are LOVINGLY sewn... Shannon, the owner, pays so much attention to detail, and takes care to ask for your choices etc. And, it is so refreshing to be able to get an insert WITH your pocket!! A real, and absorbent hemp soaker is included with the Cloth-Ease pocket. It is a quick-dry design and is made according to the gender of you baby. A real plus, since we have a front-wetter and this catches it!! The solid Pul pockets have lasted all night and are so soft!! I really like how the Pocket of the Cloth-Ease is sewn. The Cloth-Ease is side-snapping, but not with a gazillion snaps to dry you crazy, and a fit that is superb. I am now a regular at Shannon's Acre, and I gotta tell you all to drop on by too!!

Mommy to five wonderful earthlings, and one on the way supporter Humble Wife and Mother Learning to live through Jesus!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 09-27-2004, 01:11 PM

I tried 2 of Shannon's Cloth-ease pockets & want to recommend them to anyone who is looking for a pocket AIO!

Product:
You can see how cute they are by going to her site greenacredesigns.com.
Here's how they are different from other pockets I've tried:
~The pocket opeing isn't just a gap between the 2 layers, it is a nice serged opening at the top of the inner layer.
~ The stuffers are a great unique design that allows you to put extra layers where you need them, yet still wash well & dry quickly. Plus they come *with* the pocket!

Customer service:
Shannon's customer service is excellent. She is timely returning emails, helpful, & friendly. She answered tons of my questions about sizing. Also, her shipping was fast! That is one thing I really like & she was great about it!

So, I recomend you try these pockets right away, they are so reasonably priced, they are worth a lot more, so give them a try now while prices are still low!
~Maria
#3 of 14 Old 09-28-2004, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

We just finished testing Shannon's new WP Pocket, and it is AWESOME!! We are in the process of ordering more- the pocket is constructed just like her pul pockets but in wp instead. DS stayed dry all night in this and so comfy!! A true trim pocket, which is hard for WP fabric to achieve!! A+++ for the WP Cloth-Ease

Mommy to five wonderful earthlings, and one on the way supporter Humble Wife and Mother Learning to live through Jesus!
#4 of 14 Old 10-08-2004, 01:38 AM

I got a Windpro pocket from Green Acre Designs, and its awesome! Its really trim (surprisingly for fleece) and beautifully made. And Shannon was a pleasure to work with, she answered my gazillion questions very promptly.
#5 of 14 Old 01-21-2005, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Well....I have been a huge fan of Cloth-Ease pockets and inserts from www.greenacredesigns.com for a while now, but I just got the most beautiful package ever today!! I received Shannon's new Cloth-Ease Semi-Fitted Hemp diapers and one of her WP covers. They are so beautifully made and so cushy!! I love these already!!

#6 of 14 Old 02-15-2005, 02:18 PM

I ordered a Clothease pocket for Kendyl. It is soooooo trim, arrived very quickly, and is perfect. I got the hemp soaker and can use it alone during the day or I can add an infant prefold with it for overnight. The dipe has held in the breastfed poo with not one leak.

I then ordered Camden a large with the microterry soaker and the hemp doubler (night package add on). It is a little large on him, but he tends to be skinny. It still works in the thighs though and this is where we typically have problems with him. The micro terry soaker is slightly thicker than the hemp ones, but IMO it is worth it for the added absorbancy.

Overall, Shannon has a great diaper and excellent customer service. After getting these two dipes, I returned to order more for both kids for overnight use. These are so trim even when stuffed for overnight that I just LOVE them.
#7 of 14 Old 07-14-2005, 08:30 PM

i love these diapers! i wish i had found these first, because i would have stopped looking! i bought a cloth-ese with a suedecloth inner and a PUL outer. A beautiful pink on the inside and a blue and white tropical floral print on the outer. just gorgeous! These diapers are the trimmest I have tried so far. I love the snap sides. Simple, trim, and beautiful. They work great. No leaks.
#8 of 14 Old 08-22-2005, 03:01 PM

My two medium diapers arrived with a shock. My first thought, "Wow, they are gorgeous!" and second..."They look so tiny..." I tried them on my baby and it fit but only on the largest snap setting. They were very trim but my baby is just so chunky around the thighs that a medium just wasn't gonna cut it for very long if her thighs don't thin out some. So I ordered a large to try it out, it fits just right on the smallest snap setting so definately room to grow. So, the fit of these diapers is very very trim and if your babe has super chunky thighs like mine will probably be in a large at 17 pounds even though the sizing runs like this:

Small: 8-15 lbs
Medium: 12-25 lbs
Large: 22-40lbs

She does have a page with measurements so judging from my experience I would suggest measuring your baby before you buy a whole bunch of diapers from her, especially if you babe has chunky thighs.

She is really nice to work with. Answers emails quickly and is very polite. Shipping was also fast. Last order I placed she sent parcel post and I had paid for priority mail but she made up for the mistake and refunded the difference to me immediately.

Stay at home wife to Jason for 7 years Mama to Larissa Mae 2 years old :, Gavin Clay 7 months :, and Neveah Ann April 24, 2005 to July 13, 2007 ED for my food allergic babe. :::
#9 of 14 Old 09-10-2005, 09:27 AM

I just bought 15 pockets from Shannon and I absolutely love them. These are so well made, trim and very absorbant. I love these pockets so much I'm seriously thinking about selling all my fitteds and going to an all pockets stash.

Shannon also just put up a newborn package on her website! I can't wait to get pg!!!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#10 of 14 Old 12-31-2005, 10:25 PM

I just bought one used on the TP, then loved it so much that I ordered two more custom-made. Perfect daytime pockets. The mediums fit my tall and lean 24 mo old toddler beautifully. He has thick thighs, but they fit on the second snap setting. I have not tried a large, because I am tired of ordering larges for ds and having them be huge...the charts always tell me he is a large, but he ends up in a medium. Great great pockets and the inserts are brilliantly designed too.

Karin, mom to W (6.5) and wife to B.Babywearing Educator serving New England since 2005. NBPBWI-trained
#11 of 14 Old 03-08-2006, 06:05 PM

I ordered a large pocket for ds1 and loved it so much that I ordered 4 more for ds2. They are so well made, and very cute. Plus the fit trimmer than alot of other pocket diapers. Shannon is so nice to deal with too. The microchamois is sooooo soft I recomend it to anyone who is ordering dipes. It is like butter against ds's skin.
#12 of 14 Old 03-31-2006, 08:37 PM

i'm a fan of Shannon's diapers. i just ordered two large pocket dipes with solid PUL outers and cotton velour inners. i love them! the colors are rich and vibrant. The cotton velour is soft and good with my daughter's sensitive skin. i had a diaper in the past that i liked too, but i got a print and it is cotton laminate so it wasn't as waterproof. it worked well, but started wicking eventually. that one had the suedecloth which was nice except suedecloth started irritating my daughter's skin. so when i found out that Shannon was now offering cotton velour, i quickly ordered a couple and i am happy with them. i like the fit and style of her diapers. by the way, i love the "rainbow snaps" an assortment of snaps in primary colors, it looks really cute with solid color PUL diapers makes up for it not being a print. :-) shannon was really helpful when i emailed and told her i was looking for cotton inners for my daughters skin, she suggested combining it with a solid PUL rather than a print.
#13 of 14 Old 04-16-2006, 11:22 PM

Shannon's semifitted pockets are my favorite dipes, period. I LOVE them. They're so soft and so trim. Really wonderful!
#14 of 14 Old 05-02-2006, 08:29 PM

I ordered one, and have been very happy with it. They're trim yet the insert is very absorbant. And they fit under jeans! I would buy from her again

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page