The Baby Marketplace - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-22-2005, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had a bad expereience with a retailer that I wanted to relay....The Baby Marketplace has a sale of 25% off everything in their store....I placed an order for a package of 6 FBs yesterday. My total with shipping came to $71.75. I never give out my telephone number unless absolutely necessary, So I didn't put it in the checkout. I was emailed from them asking for it. I sent it and was told that they cancelled my order due to incomplete information....after they asked for it and I sent it! I had even already paid and they refunded! I asked them to reinstate my original order and they refused. So I decided to go back today and place another order only to find they have UPPED the prices! With shipping my total was going to be $77!!! $6 more than before I emailed them to ask about it and they refuse to budge even though they cancelled my order for no apparent reason...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-25-2005, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I have bought from this online store twice. Both times I was very pleased with the level of service. My items came quickly and in quality packaging.

Side note ... Depending on the carrier that use for their shipping, I know that it is required that a phone number be collected.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#3 of 5 Old 09-09-2005, 05:50 PM

I've ordered from this site before and had no problems, but for my last order, the customer service was not good.

I ordered two Aristocrats covers on 06/30/05, and finally got them today, 09/09/05!

When I placed my order, there was nothing on the site to indicate that these covers were on backorder, and I paid more for quicker shipping as I needed them soon.

On July 12th I emailed to check my order had been received, and was told on July 15th that they were on backorder and would be in the beginning of August.

I emailed again on Aug 4th, and was told it would be another week. On Aug 22nd I emailed yet again, and was told on the 26th that it had finally been sent.

I wouldn't mind so much if the company had kept me informed, rather than me having to keep asking what was happening.

When the covers did arrive, there was no free sample of wool wash as mentioned on the website, and I would have greatly appreciated a note with an apology for the extra delay.

I won't be ordering from this site again.
#4 of 5 Old 09-04-2007, 10:51 AM

i had a bad experience with them too.

we ordered a dozen one size fits all flannel diapers and when they arrived the velcro didn't stick!!!!!! (not only that the workmanship was really horrible)

when i tried to return them i was told they wouldn't take them back. i kept asking and asking to be able to email directly with the owner, but i was told that she didn't handle returns. so much for "satisfaction guarenteed." finally i got them to agree to take them back for store credit and i sent them on their way and then never heard a peep from them. finally we put in a paypal dispute and then a credit card dispute. it took 3 months for us to get the credit!!!

luckily we paid with CC PP and not funded. if we had paid with funded we would have been out of luck.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#5 of 5 Old 09-25-2007, 03:08 PM

NAK - bad experience too. The jacket they sent was the wrong size and also I'd asked for the package to be left on my porch if no answer, but they didn't and I had to go to the PO to pick up.

I emailed the company and the owner said they don't leave packages due to previous problems and they were out of the size I ordered. I could send it back for a refund if I wanted - no apology for either issue. I then wrote back and said politely that it would have been nice for them to tell me about these two things ahead of time, especially the sizing. I got no reply.

This is unfortunate because they are Cdn and do have a wide variety of products. I won't be ordering from here again.

Mama to my two sweet monkeys - DD '04 and DS '06

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page