It Is Sew Organic - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-01-2005, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Back in April I contacted Lindsey about ordering a pocket fitted diaper to try out and if it worked out for us I would order 2 dozen. I was really impressed with her "build your own" diaper section where you could totally customize your diaper how you want it. She also has nice quality organic fabrics. She said she was working on custom orders at the moment but could squeeze me in and make a sample pocket fitted for me. Three weeks later I received a fitted diaper (was supposed to be a pocket fitted) with a hole around the circumference of the snap. I sent it back and waited for the replacement diaper. I also ordered 2 more diapers. I contacted Lindsey numerous times to find out the status and was told that her email was down but fixed now. I tried emailing her again and waited for a reply. I ended up calling her because that was the only way I could get a response. I seemed to be the one who was contacting her, she didn't contacted me to let me know the status. She told me that the velour was on order but didn't know when she would get it. By now it was over 6 weeks since I paid and still had no diaper, I asked her if she could just send 1 sherpa diaper now and the other 2 velour later, she agreed. I received a sherpa pocket fitted on 5/23 but with serging defects. The serging was uneven in a couple areas and there were a few spots on the diaper and the insert where there was no serging at all and strings hanging loose. I was afraid to wash the diaper and have the rest of the thread come out. I decided then that I just wanted to cancel the whole order. I contacted her and let her know about the defects and that I was going to mail the diaper back to her the next day and I asked her to refund me now the money for the 2 diapers I haven't received and then refund me for the sherpa pocket fitted after she received it. She stated that she would need to see if she had the funds but would refund me asap. Two days later I had no response from her so I filed with paypal due to the amount of time that had already passed. I never received a refund from Lindsey herself...paypal closed the dispute in my favor and transferred the funds from her account. And my credit card company credited me for the original diaper.

I would not recommend this WAHM. Poor sewing, poor communication & poor customer service.

Tina - mama to DD1 10yrs, DD2 5.5 yrs and DD3 22 mo and wifey to DH.
#2 of 6 Old 08-04-2005, 11:40 AM

I ordered from Lindsay on May 5 - 2 wool liners and 2 OC doublers and a sample of fabric swatches. She emailed me to let me the order would go out either that next day (Friday the 6th) or Monday (9th). I didn't get a shipping notificiation until the 16th. When I got the order, there were only 2 doublers and 1 liner. I contacted her about it via email on May 20th and she apologized and assured me that the other wool liner and fabric swatches would go out that next week as she was attending a wedding that weekend.
After waiting a few weeks, I contacted her again and she replied to me on June 22 to let me know that she had just gotten some more wool in and was swamped with orders, but would have it finished that week. I then contacted her to let her know that I wasn't too happy with the wool liner and if she could just make me another doubler. She replied quickly and said sure. This was June 24th and she said in her email she would get started on it after the weekend.
Since then, I have sent her several email requesting the status. Then, I got real upset and decided to just ask for a refund by email on July 18th. I have not heard from her since the 24th of June nor have I received the items I paid for or gotten a refund.

The doublers I order are okay. Soft and absorbant. However, the wool liner I was quite disappointed with. It was just one layer of wool, serged on the edges. For $5, I was expecting at least 2 layers of wool.

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#3 of 6 Old 08-16-2005, 06:24 PM

I also have had a bad experience. I paid for 6 prefolds $50 back on 6/7. I hadn't heard anything so I contacted her on 7/14 to request a status or refund. She agreed to refund my money in a few days on 7/19. She claimed she was waiting on fabric to come in. I contacted her again on 8/3 and again yesterday and still have no money refunded and no diapers.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#4 of 6 Old 09-04-2005, 03:56 PM

I paid for an organic velour prefold in May. I was contacted by Lindsay in June, saying it would be 2 more weeks. It is September now and I have e-mailed Lindsay, called Lindsay, IM'd Lindsay. I have asked for my money back. It is too late for a Paypal refund. Lindsay's phone is now disconnected and she does not respond to e-mails. I am out my money and no prefold. I would not recomend ordering from It Is Sew Organic. Lindsay IMO is a thief.
#5 of 6 Old 02-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Unfortunately, I had a similar experience to the other mamas here when I ordered and paid for some organic birdseye through the itisseworganic Yahoo group Lindsay used to have for group ordering of organic fabrics and notions.

When folks started complaining about how long the orders were taking, she said that the fabric mills were giving her the run around, then that her email wasn't working, then someone had broken into her PayPal account and wiped her out, then she needed to turn the group over to someone with more time to manage it, then *poof* one day, the group was gone and she was unreachable via email or phone...

#6 of 6 Old 02-03-2007, 12:03 AM

WOW great to know about that. I certainly don't need that kind of stress.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page