Swaddlebees - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 11-27-2005, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and this is coming from someone who gave up and switch to disposables 6 weeks ago because I just couldn't fit the right combination to get a trim, low-rise, easy-for-dh-to-use, leak-proof, wick-proof diaper until I tried Swaddlebees.

Funny thing is our disposal thingy incinerates everything into reusable energy so I have no guilt over using sposies.....only that we have daily poopy blowouts with sposies and I'm changing her clothes every time she goes (sometimes 3 times a day).

So I got these Swaddlebees.....they look like speedo diapers on her! They are so incredibly trim and low-rise. You literally can't tell she's wearing cloth under her clothes at all....the best thing is DH loves um too and can't possibly make a comment since they are so trim!

I remember not too long ago that Swaddlebees was getting mixed reviews but with all the changes that they made I can't see why anyone wouldn't convert their entire stash to them! I think they switched the label location because it had been causing wicking in the front and the new microterry inserts are so absorbent (haven't tried the hemp & won't)

Okay, just throwing this out there! By the way they are crawler friendly! No bulk between the legs. I have pictures but am hesistant to put them on here because of what happened in the past. If you really wanna see, pm me

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 11-27-2005, 11:51 AM

Quote:
with all the changes that they made
What changes other than the label placement?
#3 of 21 Old 11-27-2005, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

err, ok, I exaggerated on the one... I guess I meant they also added the microterry inserts to their stash which would seem to make all the difference since hemp in my FB wicks too and these are made with the same material

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#4 of 21 Old 11-27-2005, 07:49 PM

We have the hemp inserts and I'm so, so on them.

[Admin note: Please expand on and clairify you review by editing your post. Thanks!]
#5 of 21 Old 11-27-2005, 11:59 PM

I bought two Swaddlebees a few months ago and really loved the fit of them. They are very trim. However, my dd is a heavy wetter and so would wet right through them (these were with the hemp inserts, but even with a Daisy Doodles microfiber doubler, she'd still leak and it leaked between the legs, no where near the label on the front). I was really sad that they didn't work for us b/c the style is great! Very trim, fits under any of the clothes we had (jeans, shorts, leggings), and easy to use. I'd say they're at least worth a shot with trying - if they work on your child, you'll probably love them.
#6 of 21 Old 05-22-2006, 09:24 PM

i bought a used med. fitted swaddlebees diaper from the TP to try them out and LOVED it.. i bought a dozen Organic Terry SB's from jamtots a week or so ago and now want to get rid of every other diaper i own and just use these and prefolds..

it doesnt matter so much for us about heavy wetting since we EC most of the time. she rarely pees a whole pee in a diaper and never poops, but i like them for going out and about of the house. they are so trim and easy to use. my DP hates that all of the other diapers we have need to be put together and im always laughing at him for the combs he chooses.. this way its simple. i give them 5 thumbs up.

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#7 of 21 Old 08-09-2006, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
that they're trim, but

: that the laundry tabs came off after the FIRST wash

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

#8 of 21 Old 08-10-2006, 05:57 PM

I have been trying to find a diaper that I think will work well with our newborn son when he arrives in a couple of months, so I ordered three Swaddlebees (sz L) off of eBay and when I tried them on our two-yr-old I how they fit, they looked so nice and trim!!

But alas, she is not even a heavy wetter and she completely soaked the first one inside of two hours, and then I added a hemp insert along with the SB insert in the second one, and she completely soaked through that one in under two hours as well.

I really am bummed about it - I LOVE how they fit!!
#9 of 21 Old 09-11-2006, 12:37 AM

I love my swaddlebees!!!!! They work so well with dd.

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#10 of 21 Old 09-26-2006, 02:54 PM

these are very trim with quite a low rise. DD outgrew these diapers before any other diaper. i'm a little bummed right now, cuz she's in between sizes and can't really wear the small or the medium. i do, however, love that these are all cotton and they have organic available.
#11 of 21 Old 09-28-2006, 01:09 AM

I love them, they fit under clothing! I change after every pee anyway, so I've never had a problem with leaking or wicking. I do think they work better with the swaddlebees insert.
#12 of 21 Old 10-15-2006, 05:08 PM

These are the only diapers that don't skew my tiny baby's size! I really like them. They look so tiny, but when they're on her they fit great. However, if she was a bigger baby, I think we'd probably run into problems with them.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#13 of 21 Old 11-13-2006, 12:58 PM

LOVE my swaddlebees! i stumbled upon the fitteds by accident and have systematically switching over the rest of my stash since. our favorites (so far) are the organic velour... they're trim, absorbant, super soft, and really cute. we like the terry and organic terry as well.

i have an older hemp fitted and some AIOs on the way so who knows, maybe i'll have a new favorite soon.

out of my fb, kissaluvs and prefolds, i reach for the swaddlebees first!
#14 of 21 Old 11-16-2006, 06:29 PM

We use Swaddlebees pockets in cooler weather. The PUL hold the moisture in so well that they tend to give him a bit of diaper rash in warmer weather. We had no luck w/ the SB pockets when he was BF- it was a blowout every time he pooped. : No fun. I was ready to give up on SB even though I wanted so badly to like them! ( I did give up until he was eating some solids)

For those of you who have leaks- have you tried two inserts? We had a LOT of wicking until I started putting two inserts in. Not quite as trim, but still cute and NO LEAKS!
#15 of 21 Old 02-05-2007, 05:58 PM

I've tried many different brands, and have fallen in love with the swaddlebees. I love the outlet...which is where i got my first. They call them seconds but i can not see one error on them at all!

My favorites are the organic velour pocket fitteds. OH MY GOODNESS soft and trim! A pp is right, they are like mini-speedos!

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#16 of 21 Old 02-23-2007, 08:30 PM

I am sending my two swaddlebees back for replacement. They wick, they leak, and the PUL is not very waterproof. I also had a problem with the velcro not sticking. They sent me a form for return so I'm going to do that ... except I think there are better pockets out there I'm searching too.
#17 of 21 Old 03-22-2007, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
i have some swaddlebees AIOs with a pocket. they wick a bit unless i stuff with a preemie prefold . dont get why that tiny pf that she can soak in half a pee makes such a big difference! other than that, they are soo soft and trim and adorable and they fit awesome around my dds chubby little thighs, and contained a massive poop the other day that would have escaped any other diaper

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#18 of 21 Old 03-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Can I rave for a minute?

I don't like pocket diapers, because they are too syntheticky. I don't like fitted diapers, because they are too hard to clean.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Swaddlebees organic velour pocket fitteds.

They are 100% organic cotton velour, which is a natural, breathable, extremely soft, environmentally friendly fabric. There are only two layers and the pocket separates them, so there will never be any trouble getting them clean. I usually stuff them with flats, thus incorporating the easy-wash, quick-dry virtues of those diapers. But they are a lot more absorbent than my prefolds and they hold poop in as well as any other fitted.

I currently have six of these, with two more on the way. If I can make some more money selling things on eBay, I'll buy as many as I can. She's in larges so they should fit until she potty trains and they hold their value, so I figure it's worth the money.

As far as I'm concerned, these are perfect around-the-house diapers for going coverless or under wool without leaking. I want more!!!

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

#19 of 21 Old 12-12-2008, 10:49 PM

I used Hip Baby with Bummi's covers for DS1; had a couple of MotherEase too, and thought they were my super-luxury best.

With DS2, I bumped into a stash of SB on a local Cheapcycle board. Wow: They are EASIER than disposables to stick onto a squirming, running toddler. I have the snap pockets with the old label on front and have since ordered some Blueberries from their outlet store.

I do have to fold a small extra liner to put up front to stop a pee soaker, but this system is reliable.
#20 of 21 Old 04-10-2009, 01:19 AM

I recently bought 5 of the Swaddlebees Econappi one size. I got all available print choices (ordered from Abbyslane.com) with Aplix closures.

The diapers are adorable and fit well. DD slept in one the other night and we had no issues with leaking, wicking, rash. They launder well and dry quickly.

My only issue is the Aplix closures. HOLY COW. They are strong! Good because DD likes to take off her diapers, but bad in terms of trying to quickly diaper a toddler. Other than that, I think they're wonderful.

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#21 of 21 Old 06-19-2009, 04:27 PM

I love my SB;s as well! I think they prob. seem to work best on a short big belly chunky thigh baby over a long and lean one!
They are so trim and dont rub into my DSs chubby thighs! I like them over FBs and BG's!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page