Osds - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-31-2005, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have to say i am extremely disappointed in one stop diaper shop. in early december i placed a rather large order to take advantage of their free shipping campaign. i had a question about the difference between 2 die sets, one was industrial and one was not. i emailed eric, and in return got an extremely rude email telling me that i have no other choice to but to order things and just try and learn myself. it clearly took FAR more energy for him to form this sort of rebuttal, as oppsosed to just answering my very simple question. however, he informed me that he cannot hold the hand of new sewers, he simply hasn't the time. i don't think that asking if an industrial #20 die set requires different sanps then a regualr #20 die set, was really out of line, since the website DOES NOT make it clear.
i have never owned a snap press, and i have never sewn a diaper, so how on earth was i to know. so against my better judgement a few days later i placed a fabric order( since the press was out of stock anyhow) i ordered about a dozen yards of fabric, and elected to have the free shipping. WELL, i was charged $11.89 for my free shipping, even though its very clear on my invoice that i DID use the coupon code. and apparently my package was to arrive via fed ex. 4-6 days. well 2 weeks later still no package. so not only did i had the free shipping charged to my credit card, but my package was no arriving as stated.
i then emailed once again, to no reply, and i emailed yet a 3rd time to no reply. finally my package arrived, i checked my invoice, the coupon code was on there AS was the actual shipping charge.
i am very upset at the customer service of this company, and the lack of concern or respone on the part of its owners. i have deatl with jessica in the past, and she was nothing short of brilliant. however, since eric has been taking care of things, its sadly gone downhill, and i will never spend my money at osds again. sadly that probably means i will have to browse several shops to find what i want, rather then having the convienace of it all in one place. its just something i am willing to do.
i understand that in the case of free shipping, that the retailer has the privledge to ship the cheapest way possible, since its coming out of their pocket. however i PAID for fed ex shipping... i expected fed ex shipping, however it was sent SLO MO usps andNOT even priority.
well, i am really disappointed, and i hope that this helps someone else from having the same thing happen.
i would gladly like to know however when jessica decides to return the business end, as i said, she was more then a pleasure to work with.
#2 of 2 Old 10-13-2006, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a terrible experience with OSDS as well.
I was having major issues with their snaps breaking.
I emailed Jess back and forth a few times. She was very nice.
She even offered to let me return them even though it was outside their return policy timeline.
So, I returned them.
When the package arrived at OSDS I got a very rude email from Eric saying that it is clearly my own fault that the snaps are breaking. He would only honor the return because his wife said it was alright -- but if it were up to him he wouldn't allow it. It was a slap in the face -- especially considering the return wasn't even my idea.
Oh... and their shipping is painsakingly slow. We're talking a week or more to ship "instock" items and then the time it takes to get delivered.

I say take your business to a company that respects their customers. This company most definitely does not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page