Mommy's Touch one size pocket diaper - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-02-2006, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I LOVE these diapers. I cannot say enough good things about them. My son is very chunky, and the fit him like a glove. He has long since grown out of other one size diapers (wonderoos, ecobaby) but has a long way to go in these diapers! And even after he outgrows them, Emily (the creator) made extender tabs so the diapers get just a tad bigger and last longer. I also tried them on my three month old nephew (who is smaller than most newborns) and it took some folding, but they fit and weren't too bulky.
There are four snaps on each side, for a total of eight snaps that have to be done up to fasten the diaper. Yes, it's more work than the traditional 4 snaps, but not that much. And it enables a perfect fit. Although I don't always do the inner snaps and just fasten two on each side. Never had a problem doing that.
They have gathered leg elastic and it forms somewhat of a gusset. I was skeptical at first but it REALLY helps to keep everything inside! Just make sure to rinse before washing or make sure that it all game out in the wash. A few times I have had a little bit get caught up in the elastic, but no big deal, especially since it doesn't leak out of the diaper! The elastic also does not leave red marks on my baby's skin. Never once. I can't say that about any other pocket diaper.
The pocket is large and easy to stuff. I use just about anything, but I find infant prefolds fit really well. Premium standard size require a little tucking, but they still work. It is easy to get enough in though for nightime and they are still TRIM. I can't believe how trim these diapers are. Even with a prefold and a microterry towel, these are still daytime trim. I think it's because they are so elastic and there are so many snaps.
The fleece inside is soft and holds up well through washing. There is also enough room between the fleece and the cover for me to stick my whole arm in (well, up to my elbow at least!) to stuff it, so I can get the insert in there perfectly.
I don't need anymore pocket diapers right now unfortunately, or I would be stocking up on these diapers! I have a dozen now, and they are my favorite. During the day they are trimmer than any other pocket (even swaddlebees) and at night they are bulletproof but still allow his pajamas to fit. The colors are great, I really like the brown ones!
When my son outgrows his current size in pockets, I will definitely be buying more Mommy's Touch. They are the only pockets for us! I just wish they had been around when my son was born!
#2 of 7 Old 05-30-2006, 08:02 PM

I've just gotten one of these wonderful diapers. We've only tried it once, but the fit on my DD (21 months, 25 lbs) is AMAZING ! A much nicer fit than her FuzziBunz (likely because we've got the wrong size of FB though) and Wonderoos.

We're expecting baby #3 in December, and I'm going to be asking our relatives for Mommy's Touch one-size diapers for him or her for Christmas !

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
#3 of 7 Old 12-15-2006, 12:23 PM

I bought 6 of these diapers a few months ago and I loved them for a couple of weeks. And then they started falling apart. The snaps have pulled out in at least one spot or another on all of them and the stitching around the elastic has come undone in two places on one of them. While they might work fit wise throughout the diapering life of your child, they won't stand up to use. I should mention that they are part of a large stash and I only use pockets at naps and nighttime.
#4 of 7 Old 12-27-2006, 11:16 PM

i never liked mine. they were too small for dd at 8 mos. not a good diap for us
#5 of 7 Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 PM

The fit is good on my 1 year old but we keep getting wicking out the legs during naps. A good diaper for daytime but I would hesitate to use it for naps or nighttime diapering. I haven't tried the AIO yet, just the pocket.

Single mom of 2 boys
#6 of 7 Old 01-22-2007, 05:45 PM

We keep getting wicking around the leg openings. This is with the same inserts we use in all our other pocket diapers with no problems, so I don't think the insert is the issue.

ETA: The AIO is great, BTW.

Single mom of 2 boys
#7 of 7 Old 01-23-2007, 12:51 AM

My DS is 3yo (3T & 32lbs), and I LOVE these! We haven't had to use the extender tabs yet, but will before too long. The fit is fantastic! Also, I find the construction far superior to the FBs I just bought for him, but I only have the new style - so maybe that's why another user had snap issues. I LOVE that they topstitch. I make children's clothing, and that's a huge pet peive of mine (not topstitching). It just reinforces everything, and keeps the diaper from turning.

I wouldn't use them on the baby I'm expecting until he gets up to size medium though, because I think they're too bulky to wear with regular clothes, otherwise.

I did just order a BG O/S to see how that works out too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page