ElBee Dipes! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-05-2003, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have tried several products in the ElBee line and have lots more on the way. Yah! Although there is quite a long waiting list, she updates you when you ask, and has recently formed a list to keep those with pending orders updated. Laura's customer service is impeccable and she is very open to custom orders. If you do email her, allow a couple days and she will get back to you with a friendly email.

2-ply Woolly Bully (night weight) - I have this in forest green, with custom gussets (sidewalls) added. It is jersey - trim and a little stretchy. I love the way this cover forms over the dipe. I would recommend adding the gussets as I find gussets help the fit over ruffled-edge dipes (which are most of what I own...).

1-ply WB - plum jersey. Very nice. This is an effective cover even though it's only 1-ply. Sometimes I do get "compression" wicking in the front crotch area if the dipe is quite saturated. This is the trimmest wool cover I own - quick drying, too, after you wash it. I want more of these - I would get the gussets next time.

Hemp terry w/ sidewalls - love this dipe! Trim, and reasonable dry time. The gussets have saved my wool cover many a time. I would only get gussets from her now (as you can tell, LOL!). Cute bound edges, very adjustable fit.

Hemp terry (no sidewalls) - mostly same as above, although I have found the edges on this dipe wearing more quickly than the sidewall one - have no idea why, since I use them equally.

Pocket dipe w/ stay-dry fleece inner - came with two stuffers, which are perfect for day. I add two more stuffers for night-time and there's absorbency to spare in the morning. Nice stay-dry inner, although I would probably opt for the hemp inner if I were to order more. Very quick drying! Cute and trim, again nice bound edges.

Fleece-topped doublers/liners - well, can't really wax poetic about doublers, LOL! They work great and are the first I reach for.

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

#2 of 11 Old 05-06-2003, 01:31 PM
Banned

I don't remember how, exactly, I first stumbled onto the elbeebaby site but I do remember getting a bit hollered at for making such a fuss on MDC, Laura wasn't quite ready for the massive response she got for her adorable website & affordable diapers! I ordered my Burley Knit Terry Diaper without side walls & our daytime Wooly Bully long before the wait list grew to stretch over several months.

The diaper is fantastic, so absorbent & thick, yet super trim between the legs. I love, love, love the bound edges. It's really a nice touch. A super diaper for overnight, nap times, or long car rides.

The daytime Wooly Bully we got was a single layer of pretty Pumpkin wool jersey. I was skeptical about a single layer of wool jersey being enough, but amazingly it worked really well.

I experienced a few problems being an early customer: Two snaps fell off my Burley diaper, but I fixed those myself. Laura has since changed her snaps & they are more durable now. I ordered wool bindings on my Woolly Bully & received lycra... no biggie, Laura said she'd send me another but I haven't bugged her about it since she's super busy, and the lycra binding worked just fine - no wicking at all.

I'd love to order more, just kind of waiting for the long wait lists to shorten, but maybe that will never happen!

highly recommend!
#3 of 11 Old 05-08-2003, 12:09 AM

I love the El Bee Baby products that I have. I have one Medium hemp diaper (no side walls) and one Deep Red Night time Wooly Bully. The diaper is so great! So trim, no ruffles to tuck in, a great fit, absorbant, and fast drying. Lots of snaps so you get a good fit.

I like the cover. I don't care for side snaps, but enjoy this cover anyway. It works great even overnight. The only problem I have had with it is that the color continues to bleed when a diaper gets too damp next to it...and it really bleeds when I wash it...and it has been used and washed several times over the past few months.
#4 of 11 Old 05-14-2003, 10:21 PM

I have a 1-ply Wooly Bully in Grape Juice with Lycra binding. So very well made! I would recommend a 2-ply cover for a heavy wetter.

I want another cover... and I want some of the diapers too!
#5 of 11 Old 05-15-2003, 03:44 AM

I LOVE these dipes/covers. I ordered a fly to the moon set about 4-5 months ago. I have a medium with gusset, one without, and a 1-ply cover. I would recommend the gussets! We had blowouts almost everytime we used the dipe without them. The gusseted dipes are amazing! They are trim and cute...great workmomship! Our cover is trim also. I have a huge order on the way soon. Oh, and the CS is amazing too. I had a problem with one of my snaps, and I sent it back to her...she is sending me 2 replacements! I can't believe how great Laura is to work with. She has emailed me many times to make sure I'm getting exactly what I want! I will definitely order again once the wait goes down.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#6 of 11 Old 05-15-2003, 10:52 AM

I have a wooly bully nighttime cover and am loving it!! I bought it from the TP and am waiting for my order now....

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
#7 of 11 Old 05-16-2003, 12:30 AM

We use three Wooly Booly Covers and LOVE THEM!!!!! I was one of the first people to get in on the goods and I am so glad that I did!

Major Points:

*Ease of care. These wash and wear with no fuss. I have machine washed and hand washed. No problems! Quick drying (unlike an Aristocrat!)
*Gorgeous Fabrics. We have a deep red one-ply, a fuschia two-ply, and a grape one-ply with gussets.
*THEY WORK! I don't have any wicking - and I have a HEAVY WETTER! I use them for daytime mainly.
*Trim.
*Superior Customer Service.
#8 of 11 Old 05-24-2003, 12:16 AM

I use El Bee fitteds for nighttime, they are FABULOUS!! After nearly 12 hours in the same diaper my one year old has barely gotten the outside of the diaper wet, and he normally completely SOAKS everything. Super absorbant, very trim- especially w/o the liner for daytime, and the sewing is perfect. This seems like a very durable diaper.

I also have an El Bee 2 ply navy wool cover and I LOVE it as well! Works great, I like the side snaps.

Laura was great to work with- she was very prompt with emails and seemed very nice!

BTW, I got these 5 months ago, before she became super popular and before her prices went up- wish I had gotten more at the time!!

GREAT JOB!
#9 of 11 Old 05-30-2003, 03:21 PM

I was the first order for the "pocket" fitteds, and Laura worked with with me continuously throughout making it, tailoring it to my specifiations. It turned out to be a fabulous diapers. It's soo trim, fairly absorbent (though not overly so) and very well made.

The gussets are a must for keeping in early, explosive poops. The bound edges make for a clean, functional diaper. All-in-all a wonderful diaper.

My complaints are few and far between, but here they are: the snaps don't tend to stay close w/out a cover, though Laura says she's working on this, and the leg holes got just a little big as my dd skinnied out.
#10 of 11 Old 07-12-2003, 01:58 AM

A note from personal experience: The Wooly-Booly cover is *very* trim in design. You won't want to use these if you have a child with a high rise or use any type of diaper that tends toward bulkiness!
#11 of 11 Old 08-08-2003, 05:17 PM

I ordered my Fly to the Moon set back when I was hit with a surge of hyena frenzy. By the time the order was ready, I was somewhat soured to the whole hyena experience. So, I trimmed my order down to one hemp fitted, no sidewalls, b/c I just wanted to have one to try. Laura thought a medium would fit my chunky DD. I was skeptical.

When I opened the package, I thought for sure this tiny dipe would not fit. But when I put it on....WOW. This diaper could not have fit her better if Laura had come to my house with her tape measure in hand. This is by the far the trimmest, best-fitting diaper I have ever tried and I am SO IN LOVE WITH THESE DIPES!!.

Now, of course, I'm kicking myself every day for cutting down my order. In all honesty, I would love to have a whole stash of these dipes, and replace my ME OS with them as my "workhorse" diaper. They are so trim, I swear they are no bulkier than a disposable. They are truly that amazing. They are also absorbant. But alas, I really can't justify buying any more diapers right now. So I'm just going to have to have another baby!

I haven't had any problems with not having sidewalls, but DD is eating solids and has somewhat sticky poops. I think I would order sidewalls if diapering a younger baby. And what she says about size on her website is very true. These diapers are designed so well, I can see that they do last through a large range of weights. I think smalls and mediums would be all I'd need to diaper from newborn up to toddler. I can't see my DD getting any chunkier, but we still use two snaps per side on her medium diaper.

If I had to stretch for a "con" to these dipes, it's that I do find they take a bit longer to dry than my other dipes, but it's a very small price to pay for the quality, fit, and absorbancy.

Oh, and can I just say that her website is one of the prettiest designs I've ever seen. It's easy to navigate and just....well, beautiful!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page