Liz's Cloth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 05-06-2003, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love my Liz Cloth hemp size 2 diaper- with the side snaps, it fits my skinny toddler. The leg elastic is soft- no red marks and it is really absorbent as well as drying in the same amount of time as my prefolds. The snap-in doubler is long enough to reach up front for a boy- unlike some doublers. I am very pleased with this diaper- it is absorbent, well-fitting and looks nice on the baby- trim, not poofy.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#2 of 28 Old 05-06-2003, 11:41 AM

I agree with all points made by mamamonica. i wanted to add that, for us, lizs cloth dipes are our fastest drying fitteds and therefore we use them more often. they also fit nicely under all of our large covers and wraps. they are great for nighttime for us too...... and the prints are adorable too !!!!!

www.lizscloth.com
#3 of 28 Old 05-06-2003, 06:59 PM

i got 2 liz cloths used. they are trim and absorbant... the wings are LONG but it fits my son good. and like i said it is trim. oh the ones i got are sidesnapping. very cute dipes
#4 of 28 Old 05-07-2003, 12:08 AM

I am not a fan of side snaps, but aside from that I like these diapers very much. They dry so fast! They seem to have a lot of material (are a bit of work for me to tuck into some covers). All in all they dry fast, are very absorbant, and give a good fit.
#5 of 28 Old 05-07-2003, 11:05 PM

I have a couple of her organic cotton dipes and they are GREAT. Not too bulky, dry fast, and they absorb well. I really like them.
#6 of 28 Old 05-08-2003, 11:47 PM

Admin Note - Post removed pending member's contact of administrator for editing request. ~Cynthia
#7 of 28 Old 05-09-2003, 12:02 AM

I really like these diapers. They are really trim and fit my toddler well. I wish they were more absorbant, but then they wouldn't be as trim I suppose!
#8 of 28 Old 05-11-2003, 03:03 PM

Wool Cover Review

The cover I received was exremely well made and turnaround time was fast. The only issue I had was while I followed the sizing chart, the cover was enormous on my daughter, even for nighttime use.

The good news is that Liz has created a middle size for those children who are in-between the original 1 and 2 sizes. What was once size 2 is now size 3. Liz agreed to exchange my cover without any hassle or complaint. I will post an update once I receive it!

UPDATE
I received the new "new" size 2 cover. As with all of Liz's work, it is beautifully sewn and the new sizing seems to be very accurate. It is on the bulkier side, but this means that it makes for a perfect nighttime cover as NOTHING gets through it! The test came when my daughter fell asleep wearing only a prefold and one doubler (she usually uses at least 3 doublers for sleeping). The cover wasn't a bit damp, even though the diaper was absolutely soaked. A high quality product!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#9 of 28 Old 05-11-2003, 03:19 PM

I really like her hemp fitteds. I like them better than Crickett's (no offense, Crickett - just like the side snaps better!) They are very absorbant for us - we use them for overnight right now (waiting on a new shipment so I can have some for daytime.) Plus, when I went through Liz to buy some, she was super easy to deal with and very nice. Thank you Liz!
#10 of 28 Old 05-12-2003, 01:35 PM

LizsCloth PUL AIO: This Size 1 PUL AIO was the very first cloth diaper in my stash to fit my little guy with his itty bitty thighs! Yay, we could start CDing at last! This side snapping AIO looks and fits like her fitted diapers I own (which are also very absorbant!). The elastic is sewn in the same place, the serging is the same distance from the elastic... You can feel the layer of PUL in there, which is really the only thing that distinguishes it from the other LizCloth fitteds (for my hubby anyway -- he loves CDing too!). It's worked wonderfully so far and hasn't wicked once! (and Liam is continuing the super heavy wetting trend that the girls had -- one pee sometimes and his dipes are full!) He's starting to grow out of it in the waist, though, but not in the thighs. So I'm wondering if his weight will begin to evenly distribute on his little body so he'll stay in the size 1, or if he'll have to move into a size 2...

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#11 of 28 Old 05-15-2003, 03:24 AM

Just another rave for Liz's Cloth diapers! I these dipes! I had 18, and decided to sell some because I had way too many dipes, but now I'm kicking myself! I wish I had kept a few more...oh well, I'm sure she'll stock the store again soon! My big kids wear these to bed at night with a tiny tri-folded hemp prefold...it's perfect and not too bulky!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#12 of 28 Old 05-17-2003, 04:09 PM

I really love these dipes too. Affordable, quick to dry, and highly absorbant for my heavy wetter. My chunky monkey is wearing the size 2 but it fits great! I know I'll be hanging on to these for a long time to come!
And, customer service is superb!
#13 of 28 Old 05-25-2003, 12:23 AM

I am shocked to say that bean and bella
(my 3 month old and 2.5 year old) can BOTH fit into the size 2 diaper!

That rocks!
#14 of 28 Old 05-25-2003, 02:56 PM

Hemp Fitteds

My only mistake with Liz's Cloth diapers was that I waited too long to try them out. I hesitated because I wasn't sure which size would work, as DD would fit into both according to the size chart. I finally ordered both sizes and was pleasantly surprised-- both sizes fit!

Liz has made some changes to the soaker, and I own both styles. The original style snaps in with 2 snaps. The new style is a lay-in soaker. (Note: both the snap-in and lay-in soakers are available direct from Liz; check with retailers to see which type they carry.) To accomodate for the lack of snaps, the soaker is wider. I was worried that it would move around too much with an active toddler, but it stays perfectly in place. Thus, I prefer the new snapless style because (a) it's faster to get in the diaper, (b) I am free to boil the soaker if need be, (c) it may last longer because there is no potential for broken snaps or holes around the snap area, and (d) the extra width means even more absorbency!

These diapers really fit my criteria for a wonderful system-- economical (low price and only 2 sizes to buy), fit well, dry quickly, very absorbent, and usually instock somewhere. If I could change one thing, I'd make the size 2 a little trimmer, but then there would probably be a need for a third size, which would make them less economical.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#15 of 28 Old 08-06-2003, 07:39 PM

These are my favorite cloth diapers! I use the size 2 hemp fitteds with my heavy wetting DS and they have not leaked yet. Even when the diaper is SOAKED, DS's bum is still dry I bought a used wool cover and love that too. I would definately reccomend these diapes to anyone!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#16 of 28 Old 08-08-2003, 12:44 AM

nighty noodle diapers ROCK!! They fit great,last a 12 hour night under an aristocrat,wash up soft and dry fast.What more could a cloth diperin mama ask for???

Linda
#17 of 28 Old 08-14-2003, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

I just got three Nighty Noodles to try- and I love these. They are like the regular size 2s but thicker- and these really absorb a lot and have nice snug yet soft leg elastic. I wish I had tried these sooner for my nighttime system. These get two thumbs up!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#18 of 28 Old 08-16-2003, 05:51 AM

I have 4 hemp lizs cloth size 2 and I love them! They are great for daytime, soft, absorbant, nice fit. I also just got 3 nighty noodles and I love them as well. Same great fit, same softness, and an extra layer of hemp for more absorbancy.

I am on happy mama!

Desiree

#19 of 28 Old 10-07-2003, 09:34 PM

Yes, I too am a lover of Liz's cloth. We have the nightly noodle, a hemp fleece dipe, some wonderful doublers, and some awesome velour wipes. They are all ones that I grab first out of my pile!! Liz is great to work with and always prompt with communication. Another satisfied customer!!!
#20 of 28 Old 10-17-2003, 11:41 AM

I liked my Liz's Cloth Wool covers, but they shrunk (even following the washing instructions) and tended to hold stains moreso than my other wool covers. For a while (before shrinkage) these were my favorite night time covers. Too bulky for day time though.

With that being said, Liz has incredible CS~and is a sweetheart to work with
#21 of 28 Old 10-17-2003, 04:47 PM

I have several hemp fitteds(naked, tie dye, sorbet), 2 wool covers, a couple of all in ones...just love all of them. I even love the huge old size 2 cover. It'll fit forever! LOL Liz is lots of fun to work with and a very talented lady!

Angela: Mum to 3 & wife to the man in the funny suit.

#22 of 28 Old 02-21-2004, 04:36 PM

I have an AIO from Liz and I really like it. The fleece print is really cute, the sewing is very top notch, and the customer service was excellent!
#23 of 28 Old 02-21-2004, 05:12 PM

Liz is a wonderful WAHM. Here is my opinion on her Hemp fitteds:

Pros:

Great workmomship.
Great customer service.
Price. Liz charges less for her diapers than most WAHMs.
Size two fits a huge size range, which is very economical. (Started fitting my boy at about 13 lbs and still fits my 38 lb 5 1/2 year old!!)
Hemp layers are not too many layers thick. This means they wash up very well and dry fast!
High rise for tall babes.
Soft leg elastic and ruffles that don't turn inward and make marks.

Cons:
Size 1 needed more snap settings and elastic in the front (you can get them with elastic in the front now but it was not an option when I got mine). I had a hard time getting the right fit on my newborn. They were either too tight or too loose. I think Liz may be changing this right now, though.
Size 1- The rise was too high on my boy when he was a small newborn, and the long overlapping wings, plus snap in soaker, made so many layers on his tummy that it was just tooooo much. It was like putting his torso in a splint, which made it hard to bend him at the waist to burp him in a "sitting" position.
Size 2- They start fitting at 13 lbs, which means the tightest snap setting is really too tight, IMO, because the rest of the diaper is HUGE on a 13 lber. The tightest snap setting was also too tight on my 6 lb newborn. I never used it that tight.
They are a little narrow in the back on my kiddos' heinys and more wide in the front. You almost wonder for a second if you are putting the diaper on backwards, but if you try to put it on the other way, you realize that you aren't, it's just a little more narrow in their cheeks than some dipes.
Big ruffles on the legs and waist. But this may help to keep those ruffles from turning inward, so this may be a tradeoff.

Disclaimer: I ordered my size 1 diapers from Liz over 15 mos. ago, so her design may have changed completely since then. I know she has a newborn of her own to fiddle with, so it may very well be different now. She is also great to work with, and if I had asked her at the time, I'm sure she would have been happy to add snaps or do whatever to make them work for me!
#24 of 28 Old 02-24-2004, 02:16 AM
XM

I love Liz's hemp and they made up the majority of my stash for the first 6 months! I love the fact that they are quick-dry, and they really hold up well... I have one that was used by a few babies before I got it, the hemp has worn a hole through the front of it, but the snaps and stitching are still tight... the diaper itself is outlasting the hemp! Insane!

Now that DS is ready to move up, I will be adding as many size 2's as I can, they are DP's favorite diaper and he made a point of requesting them.
#25 of 28 Old 04-02-2004, 09:39 PM

I wasn't particularly impressed with the nighty noodle and hemp diaper combo. DS's bum is so hot when I go to change him in the middle of the night. Just thought I would post that
#26 of 28 Old 04-07-2004, 10:23 AM

I had not been able to CD with my two oldest children. I never had the right circumstances (washing machine, laundormat nearby, cooperative husband.) My dh and I saw Liz's fleece/hemp AIO dipes at a LLL conference and I fell in love instantly (dh didn't fall in love instantly but he did say they were pretty darn cute.) We purchased two of the AIO and they are awesome. I've order more and we are now giving up disposables. I can't wait to get them.
Very absorbant, no leaks, great fit with room to grow, cute (even dh agrees) Bulkiness has not really been an issue ds clothes still fit.

Great customer service.
#27 of 28 Old 04-07-2004, 12:48 PM

I got a couple of these used and I quite like them. The wings are really weird - I don't like all that extra material - but they are trim and absorbant. I think I have an older style - the snap-in liners are too short for my son - they don't reach where he pees.
Cute cute prints!
#28 of 28 Old 04-14-2004, 05:25 PM

I have a Liz's Cloth AIO Hemp diaper and I just LOVE it!!!! Very well made and super absorbent. It's really bulky so I mostly have him wear it around the house or under big fitting clothes but it's so adorable that I hate to cover it up anyways

It makes a fantastic nighttime diaper!!!!

Karen

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page