Freshies - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 05-06-2003, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered Freshies from Kendell well over a year ago when she was first starting out, I was her first order.
I recieved 20 fitted diapers. All flannel outer, flannel soaker panel, and 10 were anti pill sherpa fleece line. All had nylon snaps in the front. I also received 20 doublers, 10 were fleece lined. And a few dozen wipes of assorted sizes and types(oval 2 ply flannel, oval 2 ply flannel/terry, and 8x8 flannel squares)
My dd is 18 mos and I am still using these diapers. They have held up well over the last 18 mos of abuse from myself and dh. The flannel has thinned a bit, but that's just normal wear and tear. No stitches coming out, no fraying, the elastic is still holding well. The front does not turn up when snapped, no leaks out of the legs except for the really runny poos when dd was tiny. And I know she has made vast improvements in her product and materials since my order.

My favorites were the fleece lined diapers and doublers. They worked well at night with no leaks, very absorbant. They were a bit bulky on my newborn, but what fitted diaper isn't? I also love the oval flannel/terry wipes. The terry is still very soft, and the size/shape is a perfect fit for my hand.

Her customer service was excellent, and even though it was a very large custom order she was very promt in production and delivery. I believe it was 3 weeks from start to finish. But again, I was her only order at the time, so the turn around time was quick. She kept me updated as to her progress and e-mailed me pictures of what was made for me to "approve" before shipping. She also threw in a few tester covers, as she was just starting to experiment with covers at that time. One was PUL with sunflowers on the outer, and the other was fleece. Both were good fits, and didn't leak. They were also flat on the front with elastic only in the back.

I will definitely order from her again, as dd is outgrowing her Freshies, and I tend to lose wipes lol
#2 of 25 Old 05-06-2003, 11:21 AM

i have a freshies day wrap and a freshies night wrap........ they are both well made and are sewn great.... i also have 5 night time contour diapers and 5 day time countours......i did have some issues with repelling fleece but that is something that kendall helped me fix and they do work very well.... she also sent me some wipes which i use all the time...... i am also currently waiting on some hemp doublers to go with my night time contours for my super heavy wetter.......... so a ip for freshies.........
#3 of 25 Old 05-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Banned

I have a slew of beautiful Fresh Moon pads by Freshies! They were wonderfully trim & absorbent. Most didn't have any PUL so they were very breathable & comfortable. Sewing was impeccable & I believe I even had some testers.

I had a size 2 Full Fitt diaper that my husband called "The Rambo Diaper" because it didn't really need a cover. The long fold out soaker was so cool because we cold fold it mostly in front where DS needed the absorbency. Nice thick sweatshirt fleece & interlock and we love the unconventional color combos. Beautiful work.
#4 of 25 Old 05-07-2003, 02:21 PM

I don't have any diapers by freshies but I do have a bunch of pads...I have to say that they are wonderful!!!

Very very absorbant, yet don't feel like *you* are wearing a cloth diaper

Super customer service, she was so sweet to work with and took her time to help me decide on fabric and a package that I wanted. Due to some fabric shipping problems (not her fault) there was a delay in getting my pads...but well worth the wait!
#5 of 25 Old 05-14-2003, 07:04 PM

I also bought a wool cover from Kendell when she was getting started. I have a front velcro and side velcro and they are both very trim but I really love the trimness and look of the side velcro best.
They were smaller than we both anticipated but she sent extenders and some wool soakers free of charge. She followed up with me about the cover a few times and was great to work with!
I highly recommend Freshies!
Ann

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#6 of 25 Old 05-17-2003, 03:51 PM

I got a trim fit wool cover in the rib knit wool and I adore it. Very pretty and I love the wool itself. Very well made. I have a contour diaper that snaps right into it. Love it too, so convient.
I also have a nighttime full fit fitted diaper. This is a great nighttime diaper. Works great for us and the fold in soaker is nice because I can fold it more in his pee zone to absorb more. And I love her fabrics.
Kendell is great. Kept me updated on my order and is a lot of fun to talk to. A big for Freshies.
#7 of 25 Old 05-20-2003, 09:34 PM

I am really happy with my Freshies products. I have a stretchy wool rib knit FittWrap cover- it is side snap and goes over fitteds. It is very well-made and designed to fit over any of my diapers.

I also have the buttsweater pants. These are butter-soft stretchy recycled sweater wool and are pants and a diaper cover in one. Nicely sewed- have an extra soaker panel and fit beautifully. They are great! A solution for those of us who don't like to mess with a diaper, cover and pants at night! Or during the day...

Kendell is great to work with.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#8 of 25 Old 06-13-2003, 03:43 PM

i just got my first freshies! i got a lavender PUL fittwrap with a burgundy fleece lining. it is so cute, and amazingly well-made. i don't even like PUL, but i like this cover. i needed something idiot-proof and sturdy for shoshanna to wear to kid's day out, and this is it!
also, her service is fabulous. we had some issues with the mail, totally not her fault, and she went way above and beyond the call of good service to make me happy.
#9 of 25 Old 06-17-2003, 09:15 PM

I was lucky enough to snag 2 side snapping covers and 10 snap in contours secondhand, and I love these WIO's! The contours are super absorbent for my heavy wetter, the covers never leak, and the design is clever (I really like the front pocket panel that helps hold the contour in place and keeps baby feeling dry in front). The gussets work great.

There is also a certain . . . attitude about these covers. They are not babyish and cute, they are spunky and sophisticated. She uses great colors and color combination, and I want more of these. Lots more. And a soaker. And some buttsweater pants.

Karla
#10 of 25 Old 07-25-2003, 11:58 AM

Love, love, love our new Freshies Fitt Wrap! It's soft and fuzzy (fleece outside, sherpa inside) and oh so incredibly trim! Also, the XL size fits my long, skinny son (28 pounds, 37 inches at 19 months) well with room to grow. Kendell's communication and customer service were excellent each step of the way, too!

Not to mention it looks so cool in black and even more so with the rockin' red flame appliques added!
#11 of 25 Old 07-26-2003, 03:09 PM

I received my first set of cloth pads from FRESHIES! They are beautifully made with 100% cotton and hemp fleece. I love her color choices and sewing. My only regret is that I didn't order more. She's a very busy momma. Customer service was top-notch.

I can't wait to order more pads and wool soaker for baby.
#12 of 25 Old 07-27-2003, 11:08 AM

I ordered some mama cloth from Freshies and I am extremely happy with the package I received They are beautifully sewn and don't feel bulky like other pads. Not to mention the fabulous fabric she uses! She also sent a bag to store them in but it is so gorgeous that I am tempted to use it as a purse :LOL

Kendell is awesome to work with, she keeps you informed on your order and is a very sweet person.
#13 of 25 Old 08-08-2003, 04:35 PM

What I love most about Kendall's dipes are the unique fabrics she uses. They are also *very* well made and sturdy diapers.

I have an adorable kiwi-fruit fitted that is one of those you carry with you to be a CD advocate (as in: "look how totally cute these are!"). It was a second because she had a couple metal snaps on it (from before she got her snap press) and I feel like I practically stole it from her, it was such a deal! This is an excellent diaper and holds up well for my heavy wetter.

I also have a hemp fleece tester with an orange knit outer. I love this diaper! It fits DD really well, and despite having ruffly edges (which we haven't had luck with in the past) it holds in even the messiest poops b/c it is so well proportioned. I use this as a night diaper. It has a snap-in hemp doubler that is extra long and folds in half, so it dries quickly.

I also have a pink stretch PUL cover. If you haven't seen this stretch PUL, you must give one a try! It's actually soft to the touch. It has black trim, giving it a very funky look, and the inner is a gorgeous soft thick fleece. So far this cover has not leaked, it looks wonderful, is very trim, and is another of my "advocacy" stash, lol.

Oh, and it took three covers to get the fit right on my chunky DD. I tried a medium, then large, but still didn't fit DD's body, so Kendall made a custom one to fit and didn't charge me a dime extra.

Finally, I have four "uber-doublers" that I had her custom make for me for nighttime use. They are soft, thick, and thirsty four layers of hemp (the last one is hemp fleece). She got these made for me lickety-split and they are working out really well.

Kendall is an excellent seamstress and has wonderful ideas for mixing fabrics and patters. Her diapers and covers are truly unique and a refreshing change from the usual. She can custom make just about anything, it seems. Great service, too.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#14 of 25 Old 08-10-2003, 06:59 PM

Kendell makes the most amazing covers. I am waiting for my *AIO*-- one of FRESHIES first AIOs and I can't wait to review it!

Anyway, her FittWrap covers are AWESOME because she uses stretch PUL which is stylish and works really well and then she uses soft fleece or polar suede inside which makes them really comfy. The best part of all is that she uses wraparound elastic that is really soft, and has just the right amount of "give" so it holds in poops and leaks and doesn't cut into chubby things.

She has an eye for design, using awesome color combinations like pink PUL which is a mauve color, matte and vivid with a wine color fleece inside and black trim with black snaps. (And Kendell, I swear I didn't steal it...)

She also makes windPro Covers with awesome colors and that great elastic. Her sewing is impeccable and her sevice is awesome. I can't wait to come back to review that AIO!!

Lauren
#15 of 25 Old 08-14-2003, 03:26 AM

I got my AIO today and it is beautiful! It is that same stylish stretch PUL outer and fleece inner. The PUL is bright, rich orange. (my fave color) and the inside is orange hawaiian print. It has a soaker sewn in and one big, long tongue. The soaker sewn in is burley knit and the tongue is burley knit terry and matching orange fleece. Oh- and black resin snaps, lots of 'em so this will last a long time.

Let me just say that the workmanship on this is incredible. It is a second b/c she made the wrong size, but is flawless.The fleece pattern is perfectly matched where the soaker lays inside the dipe. The stretch PUL is super stylish and sleek. It kind of reminds me of matte pleather. With the black snaps, this dipe looks modern and spunky. I am totally impressed with this dipe, especially since FRESHIES! just started making AIOs. I will edit this post when we have used and reused the diaper, but let me just say that I have never been so excited about my fluffy mail as I was today!

FRESHIES! are my favorite dipes EVER! Kendell gets a HUGE thumbs up from me!!

A++++++++

Lauren

Okay, so I didn't get to use my AIO until today! I had to hug it and love it for awhile and show it to everyone and then I washed it and showed it to everyone at LLL and at playgroup I put it on dd. It was absorbent and soft and simply phenomenal! Everyone was totally impressed and *jealous*. The stretch PUL actually get SOFTER with washing if you can believe that!! And the Hemp terry on the other side of the soaker got softer too! The fleece she used did not pill and didn't even pick up cotton lint from the other dipes like my fizzi bunz do. I have never had a diaper I wanted to show off more. And you know what I hear? They make the stetch PUL in animal prints, like snakeskin and stuff, and FRESHIES! might be doing some Halloween diapers. That would be SO cool!! I would like a crocodile print dipe just for all the time! Kendell is creative, and artistic with her dipes and I am thouroughly impressed.
Lauren
#16 of 25 Old 08-20-2003, 09:36 PM

I have three beautiful Freshies! covers. I was so lucky to snap them up - ok, I may have harassed Kendell until she opened for orders and then placed it quick smart.

My favourite is the Fittwrap - this one is bound and the colours are gorgeous (I just let Kendell pick them, she has a great eye). This one is superb for night-time and looks just smashing too.

I also love the little trimwrap. It looks so tiny, but it fits so well, and trim as promised. This one is a very stretchy knit wool which probably makes it even trimmer.

Lastly, but not leastly, I got a windpro cover which is just beautiful, light-weight, trim and very reliable.

Kendell made some modifications for me and persisted until I was perfectly happy, which I definitely am. These little custom made covers have made a big difference to our diapering success lately - just what we needed.

Now I need to try and keep my eye out for some itty bitty ones!

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 
#17 of 25 Old 01-19-2004, 12:40 AM

Just wanted to add some more feedback here as Kendell gets ready to reopen her store. I have been a tester for several products for Kendell and think she has perfected some great products. I have a hemp side snap diaper that I absolutely love. It is the trimmest hemp dipe I have. It looks so small, but it fits! I works as well as the bulkier ones that I have. I also have a FittWrap wool cover. It is gorgeous, fits well, and works great. I have the snap in dipe for it and it is a great combo. Do not hesitate to try her stuff out when you get the opportunity. She comes up with great color combos and is fun to work with to boot!

edited to correct a name
#18 of 25 Old 02-12-2004, 12:27 AM

I have an AIO from Freshies! and I LOVE IT! It is beautifully crafted, and super trim and fast drying, and absorbant!
I WANT MORE!
#19 of 25 Old 03-04-2004, 12:44 PM

I bought a wool cover off the TP and after just a day of use it became one of my very favorite pieces. I collect wool, and I have a lot, but there is something about the Freshies cover. The fit is so perfect I never cease to be impressed when I put it on her. Not to mention the craftwahmship! It is perfect! The wool is soft and thin but it is my most effective piece of wool, and I have a heavy wetter. One night I fell asleep forgetting that Stella was only in a Bitty Bun and her Freshies cover. I expected to find the bed and her soaked through but not a drop escaped the cover. I love it and I am looking forward to scoring another.

Amy: Certified Professional Midwife and mom to Max (11) and Stella (6).
#20 of 25 Old 03-21-2004, 08:03 PM

We have a Freshies fitted, and it is our most stretchy, trim, perfect fitting fitted! The flrrcr inside is super soft and it has never left a red mark on ds's chubby thighs! I definitely plan on trying to snag more of these!

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#21 of 25 Old 05-19-2004, 03:58 PM

I use Fresh Moon Pads & I *LOVE* them so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#22 of 25 Old 05-21-2004, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelle-a-tron
I use Fresh Moon Pads & I *LOVE* them so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too. By far my favorite mama cloth.
#23 of 25 Old 08-26-2004, 04:34 PM

I just got a wool Fittwrap from Kendall and it is awesome! She appliqued an adorable monkey on the back. The wool is really stretchy and incredibly trim -- in fact, I can't imagine the Trimwraps being any trimmer. It fits wonderfully, too.

The custom order took a bit longer than expected, but she not only included a bunch of wipes, but a whole matching diaper with my package! Great customer service. Big
#24 of 25 Old 09-04-2004, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmamma
Me too. By far my favorite mama cloth.
Me too! I first bought some that were seconds due to serging and when they arrived I could not tell what Kendell thought was wrong with the serging as the serging was better than first quality items from other places. I since replaced all my mama cloth with Freshies Fresh moon pads. They are trim and have a smart/easy to use design.
#25 of 25 Old 09-05-2004, 03:25 AM

I got my very first Freshies trim wrap yesterday! What can I say but AMAZING! I love this cover! I was so lucky to get a cashmere trim wrap! WOO HOO! The sewing is total perfection! Very professional looking with the Freshies label and marked with the date so I know when I got it. LOL. My son already goes and gets it above all his other wool covers in our house! The fit is amazing! He could wear this for a long time! I got the medium and he is 31 lbs. It fits so trim but the weight of the cashmere is perfect for heavy wetters! Kendell was super sweet with her cs and shipped right away! I love how she includes the shipping in the price to save me money! LOL.

For this wahm from Canada!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page