Buckeye Bottoms by Melinda - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-06-2003, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This review is for the all-hemp Buckeye bottoms side-snap diaper. I chose side-snaps- thes are custom diapers and you can choose the features you want. It has a nice wide hour-glass doubler and soft leg elastic.

It is absorbent, quick-drying and nicely sewn. A quality diaper. Very cute tag with their logo on it, too. I recommend this diaper if you like hemp fitteds.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#2 of 10 Old 05-07-2003, 01:58 PM

This review is for Buckeye Bottoms Side Snapping PUL all in ones. Mine were the serged version with a snap in contour. We loved these diapers! They were excellent summer daytime all in ones! Very reliable and absorbant! Only downfalls was 1. we occassionally got wicking around the leg areas.. but only if we were out and about for longer than expected and she needed to be changed ... 2. the snap in contours are made with hemp ... and i think the bottom layer is hemp jersey.. and it developed holes along the bottom. but the diaper has been used on a regular basis for more than a year
#3 of 10 Old 05-07-2003, 06:16 PM

This is a review for Buckeye Bottoms quick dry hemp fitteds. For $8 per medium diaper I was able to choose an outside print, inner material and color, and front or side snap. I ordered 4. Not only are these very cute diapers, but they're probably the most absorbent hemp diapers I own. These aren't even the all hemp either. I like the large contored hemp snap in soaker, it really abosrbs. They do run a bit bigger than other medium side snap diapers I have.

Customer service and communication is outstanding. I was sent the wrong print and I decided to keep it and buy it at a reduced price and was sent the one I'd ordered promptly. The custom ordering system is very slick, the best I've seen.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#4 of 10 Old 05-07-2003, 06:47 PM

I have a front snapping quick dry hemp diaper...
It is very absorbent, well made, and cute.... not the trimmest, but the bulk isn't excessive. I would and probably will order more. Reasonable price and quick turnaround time.
#5 of 10 Old 05-10-2003, 01:08 AM

I ordered a hemp fitted and a cover - custom made. Melinda was a great communicator throughout the process. I always knew the status of my order and never had to even ask for updates. The turn around time was quick and both the diaper and cover were wonderfully made! it!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#6 of 10 Old 05-11-2003, 03:13 PM

I own all-hemp fitteds in both the side-snap as well as front-snap versions. Both are exremely well made, easy to use, and are absorbent while remainig relatively trim. If I were to order more, however, I'd order more of the side-snap versions . . . the fit is superb. Snap placement on both versions is well designed.

Price-wise, these are some of the best diapers for the money. You have many choices for customizing, even adding microfleece to the soaker, for NO EXTRA CHARGE. The only option that costs extra is to add an outer print.

E-mails were responded to in a timely manner, and turnaround time was relatively fast. I was always informed of my order status. Highly recommended!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#7 of 10 Old 05-13-2003, 02:31 AM

I love Melinda's products, and the customer service was excellent!

My all hemp fitteds are sooo absorbant and the fit is great. The price is really great for a hemp diaper that is so well made. Mine are side snap.

I also have 2 flag AIOs. I love her hemp snap in contour soakers, it's great that she has the choice of trifold or contour soaker. My 2 babies wore these on an outing last weekend and ended up in them for much longer than planned (about 3 hours) and we had no wicking at all, and the contours weren't soaked all the way through.
#8 of 10 Old 05-19-2003, 12:26 AM

I purchased 2 AIOs and 2 covers from Buckey bottoms. They were really cute diapers, but the foldover elastic on the legs left deep red marks on my daughters skinny thighs, that stayed red for a long time. I tried both the side snap and the side aplix design hoping that I could avaid te mark since the fabric wa so darn cute!
I only used them a few times before I sold them and did not encounter any leaking or wicking. They were sewn well and her customer service was wonderful.
#9 of 10 Old 05-25-2003, 05:53 AM

First and formost Melinda is very prompt and courteous when returning emails, and has great customer service.

Reviews regarding the following:

All hemp fitted-very absorbant and good priced, i have been using these for 2 months.

PUL side snap covers, great craftmanship, no wicking, great prints to choose from. good price. been using theses for 3 months.

all of her items i have were all custom ordered and it was super nice to get to pick what i wanted, even down to the color of microfleece for the inside. So you actually get the dipe you really want!

#10 of 10 Old 10-02-2003, 07:49 PM

I had a BB AIO and loved it. I got the side aplix and it was so easy. Nice and absorbant and no wicking! Trim, too.

Oh, and the shell fit nicely over a quarted 4x6x4 regular cpf.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page