Mother-ease - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 04-06-2005, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a good no-frills diaper. They wash and dry easily, and fold flat for stacking. The covers hold in leaks. They are a little bulky through the crotch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 09-08-2005, 02:20 AM

Rikki Wrap: A good workhorse cover. Held in most poo with prefolds. Not a night cover, however.

Cons: Didn't survive washing in an industrial machine - prints faded/fabric wicked. Also, the velcro tabs started sticking up after a while which I didn't like.

Airflow Cover: Rarely leaked overnight unless there was a problem with the diaper. Love this cover. Great value for the price. Easy to care for, still looks like new.

Con: Pouffy. Not crazy about the prints.

Sandy's Diaper: I just bought 8 of these for my toddler. I love them. I can pull them up like a pull-up disposable which makes them great at diaper change time. Then, I unsnap them open when used. They seem absorbant but they seem to collect wetness in just one area. No poo leaks yet. Hard wearing, easy to care for. Cute on.

Cons: Take forever to dry. Low in the rise, which is not so great for my tall baby. This wouldn't be a con for everyone, though. Didn't turn out to be absorbant enough for the night, even with a large liner. This was disappointing, but I have a heavy wetter. I haven't had them long so maybe they will improve with time.

Updated to add: I think they have improved with time. I can now leave a Sandy on for 4-6 hours during the day and know it won't leak. I've also moved to using them at night, though DD is nursing less, too. Very happy with these diapers. I'm especially happy that they can be PULLED ON!
#33 of 33 Old 09-29-2005, 10:56 AM

I inherited a set of motherease os and some large sandy's when I was pregnant and I love them. They (the os) fit from birth until present (27 lbs.)and there's still room to go.

My mother bought me another dozen when ds was born (these were the unbleached kind, while the ones I inherited were bleached) and these were really too big until he was probably 12-13 lbs. So I don't know if they started making them bigger, the unbleached are bigger, or the dozens of washes the first set went through with their first owner shrunk them, but the unbleached ones are still bigger on ds at 27 lbs.

I just started really liking the Sandy's recently when ds started having huge soaking pees (they're definitely thicker and more absorbant, but take longer to dry) and they also fit better now that he's walking??? .. .though I'm really not sure what the size range for them is.

For a long time we used a os with two liners at night and they worked just fine. Now that his pees are so big we moved to pockets at night, and I'm going to try some other things too, but the meos or sandy's were just not cutting it.

I really like both the covers, the only reason I prefer the air-flow is that they're easier to get on a toddler trying to run away from a diaper change. I find that they both work equally well. When he was a medium, I only had the Rikkis. They're really thin and sturdy.

Except at night, I've never had any leaks with the whole system at all unless we put something on wrong, which is pretty hard to do.

All in all, I think they're great. I can see my os, which I got after my friends baby was exclusively in them for 3 years, and used exclusively for my ds, lasting for at least another baby, maybe 2.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page