RighteousBaby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-12-2003, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Review of Wool in One-----

I had been wanting to try out a wool in one for sometime and could not find one that I really, really liked until I happened upon RighteousBaby. WOW!!! Ann has beautiful wool in ones, some with recycled wool and some with appliques or embroidery..... So, I bought one for our new baby girl to try it out. Her shipping was incredibly fast and everything was packaged neatly. Everything was well made, fit our little 9.5 pounder, and it is very easy to use. We went out for a day trip and that was the only dipe we took along ( I ordered several contours to go with it), no leaks or wicking, and held breastfed poops in quite well.
Ann replies quickly to emails, her site is easy to navigate and she offers many products, other than the RighteousBaby diapers.
I have been very pleased with this purchase and highly recommend RighteousBaby!!!!

www.righteousbaby.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 05-13-2003, 02:50 AM

I agree, Ann's diapers are great! I have a wool in one and a fleece all in one. The hemp contours are very absorbant and the wool aio is very trim and stretchy.

I also have some custom embroidered cuddle in ones from Ann that I love. She does beautiful work and has wonderful customer service, always quick to answer emails and is so sweet and friendly. She's one of my absolute favorite WAHMs!
#3 of 17 Old 05-14-2003, 02:56 PM

I can't add a whole lot to the previous reviews, and they accurately reflect my own boundless enthusiasm for Ann herself and her products. I own 10 diapers made by Ann, including some custom appliqued and/or embroidered cuddle-in-ones, some plain cuddle-in-ones, bikini-cut cuddlebuns, and two RB diapers. The RB diapers (I have 2 wool-in-ones) are the best diaper out there IMO for fit, trimmness, and absorbency-- and beauty. The design of the quick-drying contour is inspired-- narrow at the crotch, snaps at front and back to avoid the front-bunching problem, additional absorbency for boys at the front (the "dream diaper" option for only $.50 more). I have a stash that includes many great diapers (fuzbaby, Sugar Peas, SOS), but the RB is my all-time favorite.

Karla
#4 of 17 Old 05-15-2003, 03:41 PM

We have our wool in one sets from Righteous Baby and they rock!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie is crabby today or I'd take a picture but we got a bamboo set and a one of a kind custom set w/mama and baby giraffe applique You can see it on Ann's diaper gallery at www.righteousbaby.com

I was so hoping I didn't like them....LOL....but I like them way more than anything else we've tried. Maggie is 19 lbs and the size 2 on the tightest setting fits like a glove!!!!!

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
#5 of 17 Old 05-28-2003, 12:10 PM

I love my wool-in-one from Righteous Baby! It is super-trim and fits great! My dd eats solids now so we never tested it with bf-only poops, but poop has gotten on the wool cover once or twice and washes off without stains. I got the dream diaper addition for a girl and she has never soaked through the wool cover - the only caveat about this is that the contours take longer to dry in the crotch area. The cover is so trim that I recommend purchasing the contours - the Size 2 cover doesn't quite make it over all of our large fitted diapers.

Highly recommended!!!
#6 of 17 Old 06-07-2003, 03:18 AM

Righteous Baby wool AIO's are truly great diapers. The sewing is flawless. The appliques are clever, well thought-out, and gorgeous. The materials are heavenly (hemp, wool, cute prints, MM fleece).

I asked Ann about the sizing of her diapers b/c I was concerned that they wouldn't fit my very small toddler well. I gave her his measurements and she made a custom size for him. It fits him absolutely perfectly. I am so pleased w/ my RB diapers on my hard-to-fit little boy.

Ann's customer service is outstanding and her buisness is growing so hurry and "get your mitts" on some of her dipes!
#7 of 17 Old 06-20-2003, 06:51 PM

I just received my custom-made RB wool shell yesterday. It is stunnigly gorgeous! It has an orange day lily appliqued on the back with music notes coming out like pollen (a tribute to my and dh's musical interests) and a free machine embroidered day lily bud on the front. Wow! It is trim and extremely well-made. I agree with topk92, though, in that you should consider buying the contours to go with it - it didn't really fit over any of my fitted dipes. This really didn't surprise me, though, since a) my baby is at the upper end of the weight range, and b) the shell and contours and made to go together. So, I have some contours on order.

Ann is wonderful to work with. I gave her an idea of things I liked and she surprised me with the final product. I also think her prices are very reasonable given the amount of time and artistic talent that goes into making them!

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

#8 of 17 Old 07-14-2003, 02:46 PM

I have two RB wool-in-ones, and they are by far my favorite. THe first wool I ever dared use out of the house. I have one embroidered, and the work is exquisite! Ann is WONDERFUL to work with. I had a small snap problem with one of my covers, and she went above and beyond to fix it properly and make me happy. And the repairs were done so fast that from the time I mailed it to her, I had my cover back in a week!

I have used both shells overnight with no problem, though I did have her make me one slightly thicker for my main overnight cover.

Her inserts are nicely made and absorb well considering how narrow they are. They don't keep all the poo off the cover, but with a toddler now it's not too much of a problem. I think with an infant I would forgo the contours and use fitted under the shell. Her dream diaper additions are nice, a little extra patch of hemp in the soaker zone for the gender of your baby. If you are a big quick-dry fan like me though, bypass this because it takes that patch a while to dry.

I HIGHLY recommend Righteous Baby and plan to increase my stash of her products as soon as I can!! I would use her products all the time if I had enough.

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
#9 of 17 Old 09-17-2003, 08:31 PM

I bought an RB wool cover from the trading post. It is beautiful! And of course it works well on my heavy-wetting DS.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#10 of 17 Old 10-10-2003, 04:34 PM

I have to chime in, even though the reviews have all been good for RB's- I love them! If you want the trimmest fitted diaper in the world, try a RB FLAG diaper. They truly do Fit-Like-A-Glove! They have a nice low rise, are trim between the legs, and have a great snap configuration for lots of adjustment. But beware- the prints are way too cute to cover up, so you'll probably be using your FLAGs coverless! The shell sets are great too, the fleece is the softest I've ever felt. They are the best fitting AIO for my DS, and I love the fact that you can order a bunch of snap-in contours for your shells. It's perfect for when you're out and about, less bulk for the diaper bag. The prints are beautiful, the sewing is perfect, the fit is amazing... I only wish I had more money to spend on RB's!

Leah coolshine.gif adoptionheart-1.gif homebirth.jpg

Hubby guitar.gif, ds (11) REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, adopted dd (10) notes2.gif, dd (6) dust.gif, dd (1) femalesling.GIF & 3 foster dd's wheelchair.gif upsidedown.gif diaper.gif  

#11 of 17 Old 02-01-2004, 09:23 PM

I love these diapers! However, my ds is a heavy wetter and 5 layers of hemp is inadequate (much to my dismay!). I would highly recommend them to anyone whose little one is a light to medium wetter, though. When I use premium cpfs with my ds, they leak during naps (for reference sake as to what I mean by "heavy wetter"). When I have an outfit where the bulk of cloth diapers is an issue, I always get out my Righteous Baby contours. However, I have to change ds at least every hour, and his clothes end up having to be changed if he takes a nap (because he leaks). The only foolproof thing that I've found works for my ds is 9 layers of hemp, which for most people is going way overboard.

Bottom line - workmanship is impeccable, trimness is great, designs are wonderful, turnaround on made to order items is very prompt, just use with care on heavy wetters

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#12 of 17 Old 03-31-2004, 03:00 AM

My RB wool shells are hands down my most trim diaper covers. They are dyed the mose beautiful colors (that don't run!) and they are thin (eventhough they are two ply). They fit over everything I've tried and hold in my super pee machine son's waterworks.

I just wish I could have gotten an applique'd set before they started auctioning off for $100+... oh well, there's always the TP

Lo
#13 of 17 Old 04-09-2004, 09:40 AM

This is an edit to my review: I only tried the contours with a PUL cover (BSWW). I've since discovered that we can use a lot less absorbancy if we have a fleece or wool cover (vs. PUL). So a shell set with a fleece or wool cover might just work for my heavy wetter even though there are only 5 layers of hemp. In fact, I'm thinking I might try to get my hands on another one of these just to try it and see if it works. I just love RB products!

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)
#14 of 17 Old 07-23-2004, 07:02 PM

This is a review of the RB Flag cover.

This cover is different than the AIO style cover. This is one of my favorite covers right now because it has a unique rounded kind of shape and plenty of coverage while still being trim and reliable. I am surprised to find this a bit of a workhorse cover right now, it's a good buy.

This is a review of the FLAG diapers

I have a bunch of size ones. I love the way they are constructed with the soaker sewn in one side. So they are quicker to dry and you don't have endless snap ins to deal with. She is outgrowing them now at 4 months, due to roly poly thighs, but I believe she may fit back into them later. I prefer the stretchy knit outers for a longer fit.

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
#15 of 17 Old 07-24-2004, 07:20 PM

I LOVE Ann's creations!
FLAGs have got to be the best fitteds out there even though we were only able to use them for a short while.

More than 1/2 our stash is RB Wool or Fleece Shell Sets! They rock! I also really like her FLAG wool covers. The fit works great over any fitted or PF.

Also her Woolie Pullies are to die for Just ask my son.. he almost always picks one of them from the drawer.
#16 of 17 Old 09-30-2004, 04:50 PM

I wish wish wish Ann would make size 1.5 FLAGs and shell sets soon! I am one of those many mamas who finds their babe is between sizes and I'm oh-so-sad. They are obviously great, but the size 2 I tried was soooooo poofy, and just didn't work. Nice absorbency and sewing, but the fit was just too big.
#17 of 17 Old 10-01-2004, 12:02 AM

I have two RB FLAG size 2 fitted diapers. They are very trim diapers. I think the soaker being attached in the front helps a lot in avoiding that scrunchy front that my daughter gets with most diapers. The only thing that will prevent me from buying more FLAG diapers is the exposed snaps. My daughter always has little circles impressed on her skin from the snaps on the inside of the diaper.

It's a shame, because the FLAG is, otherwise, the perfect diaper. I've honestly never tried a diaper with a better fit.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page